PDA

View Full Version : Photos of the new Euro Dash

SpeedBird
13-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Here are some photos of the new 2006 year model euro, it shows the new dash, new trip computer, sat nav screen, new 17 inch wheels, and the front grill.

http://www.honda.com.au/Euro/euroluxury/image+gallery/image+gallery.htm

coladuna
13-12-2005, 11:07 PM
I just can't get over how they made it so ugly by changing the front grille and the alloy wheels.

Pup
13-12-2005, 11:12 PM
I know its great that we now have satnav but that dash just aint as attractive or intuitive.

EuroDude
14-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Is it just me or does that front grill remind you of a Mazda 6 or Holden Statesman?

I wander if some 04/05 owners prefer the new grill... and are willing to do a swap with 06 owners.

Vtir_Kid
14-12-2005, 09:12 AM
I just can't get over how they made it so ugly by changing the front grille and the alloy wheels.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ITS NOT UGLY LOL

kam
14-12-2005, 10:18 AM
haha no way ! my euro looks way better than that! they stuffed it up - the 05 type r rims own ! and honda really needs to learn to slam their cars a bit, just like HSV do...

all in all, nothing major, and im still happy with current, just wait till i get my 18" rims holla :D

stephen8512
14-12-2005, 10:19 AM
i agree with the alloy wheels
the front grille seems a lot wider and fater than the 03-05 models
but the disappearance of the chrome strip is a bonus

coladuna
14-12-2005, 07:41 PM
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ITS NOT UGLY LOL

Talk for yourself. It is bloody ugly in my eyes. It makes the car look less sporty and make it look like a granny's car in a way. The alloy wheels only add to the problem. 05 model looks much better.

Atjo
14-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Everything is ok beside the wheel.

Thorn2004
14-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Talk for yourself. It is bloody ugly in my eyes. It makes the car look less sporty and make it look like a granny's car in a way. The alloy wheels only add to the problem. 05 model looks much better.

I agree 100 percent dude, the grill makes it look like the V6 Accord in my opinion, far less sporty, and the rims, hell once again, they just don't match the car, it is like they are catering to the old fogies and have given up on the younger market! Why Honda why?

Makes me glad I got in and bought the 2005 Luxury with the nicer rims and grill !

ngupil
15-12-2005, 01:56 AM
only 4 words that can discribe what i think about the new euro facelift
"IT LOOKS RIDICULOUSLY FUGLY". still prefer my 05 euro exterior wise, but i want the satnav :(

ant234
15-12-2005, 07:03 AM
i want the trip computer more then anything else... i would mind the blue dials either!

aaronng
15-12-2005, 07:13 AM
I think it's that middle horizontal piece of chrome on the grill that makes it look older. I am preferring my 04 too. The HVAC control for the sat nav model looks confusing though. 2 knobs for audio? Why not keep the "sound" button like before? :confused:

Not liking the hotter/colder buttons for the climate control too. I preferred the knobs.

EuroDude
15-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Maybe we can use some of that Carbon Heat Wrap stuff, to darken the middle chrome bars.

With so many complaints about it, I think Honda should consider offering the old grill as a Sports Option :P

aleksandrov
21-12-2005, 05:15 PM
I had a look at the 06 Euro at the Rockdale Honda delership today. The trim that's replaced the fake woodgrain/silver plastic bits looks much better. The plastic that forms the lower part of the dash (including the glovebox cover) looks harder and cheaper. The new steering wheel looks better in real life than on photos, but what's more important is that the rim is slighly thicker, with small bulges near the thumb, which makes it feel much sportier. Unfortunately, the service department told me that if I wanted the 06 wheel on my 05, I'd have to buy all the parts, including the airbag (which for some reason is different). All up it would cost close to $2,000. :mad:

The new front grille is a shocker. What the hell were they thinking? :confused:

The rims don't look as bad in real life as they do in photos, but they are nowhere near as good as the 05 Lux rims.

The new grille and alloys have almost totally killed the sporty, European look of the car, yet the interior looks sportier now. The overall changes are clearly incoherent, which makes me think that there were too many chiefs sticking their noses in the design process.

Chris_F
21-12-2005, 06:04 PM
totally agree... the design does seem incoherent.

Having said that... ad the new mugen grille and get rid of that hideous chrome, add some nice looking wheels and drop it an inch or two and i think this car has the potential to look pretty good :thumbsup:

i still have a soft spot for the pre 06's tho

94_Accord
21-12-2005, 06:22 PM
i like the new dash, navigator and grille, but i would re consider the alloys they have put on em.. but at the end of the day i wouldnt say no to one..

ameetah
22-12-2005, 10:21 PM
oh gosh
initially, seeing the dash made me go all wow, but when i got through all the wow factorness of the new add ons, i kinda think this is pretty fugly lol. i have a 2003 model, and i always get the shats with it, but looking at these photos.. ugh lol ill stick to my model thanks :D this one looks like old man style LOL terrible body work :(