PDA

View Full Version : can i fix this dent?

bside
14-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi guys,

I'm not so sure if this should be here, but if it isn't, mods please move it to correct thread, thanks!

Anyways...my dc4 on the left side of the car there is a small smooth dent, not those dents that are sharp or embedded obviously. Mine is about 5cm length x 5cm width, the depthness is probably like half a cm, and is smooth.
i was wondering would I be able to push it out? If so, anyone can explain how to do it, what interior parts to take off etc. The dent is located after the end of the passenger door.

EDITED: Added picture.
e.g of the dent
http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/uploads/5756/dent_jpg.jpeg

thanks guys.

Vtir_Kid
14-12-2005, 09:51 AM
get a vacuum cleaner, industrial strength... lol. na i dont know.

ProECU
14-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Bob the builder can fix it

Zdster
14-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Most dents can be pushed out (by a professional) but it depends what is behind it. A guy that I use only charges $50 a panel but it just depends if he has access to the rear of the panel.

bside
14-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Most dents can be pushed out (by a professional) but it depends what is behind it. A guy that I use only charges $50 a panel but it just depends if he has access to the rear of the panel.

which guy? location?

If i can't do it then i'll probably get someone to do it.
Anyone else who's pushed out there own dents on their cars?

Zdster
14-12-2005, 10:39 AM
which guy? location?

If i can't do it then i'll probably get someone to do it.
Anyone else who's pushed out there own dents on their cars?

Sorry, the guy is located in Melbourne.

Brescia
14-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Are you in Sydney?

My brother does this professionally, he has 4k worth of tools alone for this stuff.

Give him a call,

Daniel - Mobile Dent Solutions - 0419490794

bside
14-12-2005, 11:31 AM
yeah im in sydney, but has ANYONE else done it themselves, i appreciate the contacts, but as i 'believe' it doesn't seem to be a huge or hard dent to fix. If it is hard then I would take it to the panel beaters.

Can anyone give me some tips, or whatever.thanks.

ATSE
14-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Leave it to the professionals. If you push it out too much you will stretch the paint, putting stress on it... which will lead to cracks.

14-12-2005, 03:19 PM
If it wasnt hard you wouldnt have asked how to fix it!

bside
14-12-2005, 03:27 PM
If it wasnt hard you wouldnt have asked how to fix it!

well if it is hard then i wouldn't ask, but if i think i may not be then i'll ask for advice,etc etc, keep your snot out of this thread if you haven't got anything else better to stay.

14-12-2005, 03:28 PM
think about what i said.

well if it is hard then i wouldn't ask, but if i think i may not be then i'll ask for advice.

Usually works the other way around

bigteethygrin
14-12-2005, 08:39 PM
if it looks like it'll pop out then get behind it and give it a push with the palm of your hand.. firm push and should pop out .. if it doesnt then you know its a job for professionals.

f you cant get behind it i heard that toilet plungers can hold enough pressure without damaging but dont know for sure myself.

Sypherg
14-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Dent Force

Sydney Areas : 1300 366 013

bside
14-12-2005, 09:21 PM
if it looks like it'll pop out then get behind it and give it a push with the palm of your hand.. firm push and should pop out .. if it doesnt then you know its a job for professionals.

f you cant get behind it i heard that toilet plungers can hold enough pressure without damaging but dont know for sure myself.

yeah i tried taking off the interior trim that covers the rear quarter panel, and theres this screw on the bottom which is hard to screw out because the back seats are in the way. Anyhow, I'll give it a firm push, and it doesn't work then i'll take it to the panel beaters. I just thought i'll give it a go because it does cost quite a bit at the panel beaters. See how it goes! thanks! :thumbsup:

bside
14-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Dent Force

Sydney Areas : 1300 366 013

thanks for the contact will keep it in mind! :)

SiReal
14-12-2005, 09:26 PM
i remember seeing on TV ages ago where u could buy a suction cup for a car to pull these soft dents out. I have one on my roof, and i plan to probably go down to my local car stuff shop and see if they have one. Perhpas that might be your cheap affordable solution. just a thought bside.

bside
14-12-2005, 10:25 PM
ok guys been reading up on many posts, the best bet is to use the suction cap, but risks involved are it may suck out too much leaving creases or a small dent. Or some people advise to take off the interior panel wherever the dent is and try pop it out with your hand or a rubber mallet. Might go

On a dc4 anyone know how to take off the interior rear quarter panel. Theres a screw in between the interior panel and back seat which is quite hard to get to, anyone can tell me how they did it? thanks for listening and the help.

btw which you think is better? suction cap or popping it out from the inside.

For a better understanding of my dent I'll be posting up a pic I got from honda-tech.com

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/uploads/5756/dent_jpg.jpeg

aimre
15-12-2005, 12:13 AM
if u gvo it wrong, it can pop out... but be pushed the other way

bside
15-12-2005, 10:56 PM
i bought the suction cup and it did **** all, i think it made markings on my car though fuk. $4 at super cheap auto !

bside
16-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Anyone had experience with the suction cup?

SiReal
16-12-2005, 10:55 AM
hehe...well it seemed to work on TV. i think its also the location of your dent b/c its on two separate angels, the cup might not be able to "suck" properly. not too sure. good luck with it though.

Chronos
18-12-2005, 04:43 PM
get it done professionally. dont be a cheap c*nt; its not worth it.