PDA

View Full Version : Help: Idle bounching

baby_c
16-12-2005, 10:54 AM
hey people i no it has been posted before but i cant find the solution.
My mate has a cxi hatch. when the car is cold it idles perfect ( 1000rpm ) but when it warms up after say 5-10 mins, when u stop at a traffic light etc. the idle bounches from 1000rpm to 1500rpm then back down to 1000 then back up to 1500. it bounches a few (2 mayb 4 ) times and then falls back to 1000rpm. ANY IDEAS on a solution???

thanx in advance =)

SiReal
16-12-2005, 11:10 AM
hmmm thats odd. cant offer u a solution but even at idle after warm up, it should be idling at around 700ish. not 1000. thats way too high. go get perhaps the fuel components checked then perhaps get the car tuned/remapped at your local tuning shop. sorry if it doesnt solve ur problems.

baby_c
16-12-2005, 11:14 AM
thanx SiReal... ill give it a tr.. but his been to 2 mechanics.. they think they fix it but when u drive it an it warms up..u really notice the problem. they have both cleaned the throttle body but still idle still bounches !!!

redliner
16-12-2005, 11:14 AM
my friend has the same prob with his teggy... but he got it fixed at the tuner, maybe he can help ya out

heist
16-12-2005, 11:20 AM
i have that exact same problem......

baby_c
16-12-2005, 11:28 AM
redliner: do u nowot the prob was or can u find out please??
heist: have u fixed it yet or still got the problem??

barefootbonzai
16-12-2005, 11:38 AM
my cxi had that problem to. I fixed it buy putting in a new engine :p

baby_c
16-12-2005, 11:52 AM
my cxi had that problem to. I fixed it buy putting in a new engine :p

hahahahah its that easy is it...! i'll tell my mate =)

barefootbonzai
16-12-2005, 11:56 AM
lol sure is. But yeah seriously... has your mate tried to reset the ecu? that might work.

SINISTR
16-12-2005, 12:54 PM
sounds like a typical 'choke' problem - cause by a faulty EAVC - Electronic Air Valve Control. It acts as a choke based on the ambient air temp in the throttle body, when its cold it opens more air and therefore prompts the ECU for more fuel. When its hot, it shuts off and runs normal.

Sounds like your friends EAVC is faulty causing the car to add air, while its hot and therefore fluctuates the idle - thinking its cold, so its running at 1500, then it says - hang on, its hot - drops back to 1000, and so on...

kayot1k
16-12-2005, 12:59 PM
bro bro, check that no hoses are loose. mine did that last time when my mechanic forgot to plug a vaccuum hose that ran into the rocker

revNhevN
16-12-2005, 01:13 PM
its the vavle thing on the back of the intake manifold. take it off. you will see two holes. one with mesh and one without. spray carby cleaner intro both to clean it out. let it dry and put it back in. worked for my car.

pillow
16-12-2005, 01:16 PM
A loose vacuum hose would create a hunting idle at all times, not just when it warms up. Like sinstr said, it's most likely your IACV (idle air control valve;)) Located on the back of your intake manifold.

Weq
16-12-2005, 04:07 PM
its called a IACV. It needs a clean up. 5 min job. just like revNhevN said.

SINISTR
16-12-2005, 04:27 PM
IACV is thesame as EACV :) EACV is on the older models Hondas where IACV is on the newer... same function.

baby_c
16-12-2005, 04:31 PM
thanx fellas... his coming past now... so ill try the IAVC thingy and ill let use no the outcome...!! how do i clean it..?? do i need any special thing or just wipe it and check hoses!!???
thanx fellas

revNhevN
16-12-2005, 04:34 PM
heres ben's diy on cleaning it. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4693

baby_c
16-12-2005, 04:48 PM
i just checked it out??? there two hoses that run in the Idle control thing... is that wot use are talking about??

one of the hoses feels a bit wetish so cood the smallest hole cause this to happen??

revNhevN
16-12-2005, 05:32 PM
the two hoses are for coolant. u are not interested in those or where the plug into.

u want to clean the two holes - one with mesh and one without. i flooded mine with carby cleaner and gave it a good shake. you will see black residue come out. keep doining this until there is no residue. then u know its clean.

bennjamin
16-12-2005, 06:17 PM
the two hoses are for coolant. u are not interested in those or where the plug into.

u want to clean the two holes - one with mesh and one without. i flooded mine with carby cleaner and gave it a good shake. you will see black residue come out. keep doining this until there is no residue. then u know its clean.

dont forget to shake the excess carb cleaner out , THEN blow with either compressed air of even ur own mouth to dry up most of the crud + excess.

[T][L]
16-12-2005, 06:46 PM
dont forget to shake the excess carb cleaner out , THEN blow with either compressed air of even ur own mouth to dry up most of the crud + excess.

or you can use hair dryer.. i think

Weq
17-12-2005, 02:15 PM
use a cotten bud to help clean it out. u dont have to worry about the carb cleaner, just let it try and it will evaporate off. SINISTR, IACV - idle air control valve, sorry mate. look in the honda manual.

edit:

PS. u dont need to remove any hoses or anything. Just open ur radiator cap to releive coolant pressure, unbolt the bolts holding it in and clean it while its still attached to the car. Saves alot of time and fuss, i garnetee it :)

baby_c
17-12-2005, 02:22 PM
hey fellas.. ok.. i havnt cleaned the IACV thingy yet.. but i have realised that if the air-con is on the idle does not bonuch. actually when the air-con is on the idle is perfect?? any ideas or shood i still clean the IACV thingy??