PDA

View Full Version : EK Civic Sedan 99-00: Body Kits and Lowering

sonic_Blastman
16-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Hi Guys,

1. I have a EK Civic Sedan, and looking for body kits? What do you guys recommend for the body kits? the ones from honda?. Should i get the front lip one only? or the rear lip as well?

2. I just purchased 17" wheel with quite thin tyre around 4 cm width, how much lower shall i go? 1.5" or like 2.5", keep in mind that my gf also driving it ^.^ and if i purchased the king springs I could get it down 1.5" right away?

Thanks for your help

armak81
16-12-2005, 05:05 PM
1. lip kits are nice. OEM honda ones will fit perfectly. might be hard to source though
2. what profile are your tyres 35 or 40? stick with a 1.5 inch drop if you plan only on changing springs.

sonic_Blastman
16-12-2005, 05:26 PM
yea i can get it from honda but the thing is that should i put the rear lip on as well?, one of my friends recommend not to do it, just put the front only.

it is 40 for the wheel. 1.5" u suggest? is it enough? what is the lowest i could go while maintaining level of comfortness for my gf? hehe ^.^ might need to teach her how to drive this. btw if i get the king spring, it will be lowered 1.5" automatically? oh yea what is the legit lowering size?

oh yea just realised you are oz honda dealer, can i ask you , how much u charge for king spring and lowering?

cheers

steve
16-12-2005, 07:22 PM
def go front and rear lips man :thumbsup: 2x lips means 2xhotness haha:D

armak81
16-12-2005, 08:40 PM
i would go for front & rear lips. personal preference.
1.5 inch might not be enough if you are after the 'slammed' look. Stick with 1.5 inch if you wish to maintain ride comfort. 2.5 inch drop, you will most likely scrub the rear tyres. May also require you to get the rear guards rolled (spending more money). Cannot help with the legalities on lowering your vehicle. I believe its a certian percentage from standard. Someone else on ozhonda may be able to help.

my prices
King Springs (Lows or Super Lows) = $240
Installation (in Melbourne only) = $80

pm me if you have any further questions or require some reccomendations