PDA

View Full Version : Spring: King or JDM ?

sonic_Blastman
17-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Hi guys, Which one is better king spring or JDM spring? for my civic sedan

|N|
17-12-2005, 08:55 AM
search is ur fren.... its been done to death.

notorious_ahmie
17-12-2005, 12:18 PM
king spring is not the way to go...ive got them in my car..and sooo much body roll..!!check out whiteline and koni maybe..!!

but yes as nick la said..its been covered many times so u can get heaops of info from it!!

sonic_Blastman
17-12-2005, 12:24 PM
yea just kinda wanna get info quick and purchase quick before xmas. as i have 5 days full lecture =( summer course. last night did research on ebay and found out the only springs they sell at good price is JDM around $20 US with expensive dlivery fee and other is TEIN around $83 with similar delivery fee. so yea didnt' have much options out of these .

is this coil good ? TEIN Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8022610345&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1) , not sure what type is this, but this is bit different to what benjammin posted in the other thread Benjammin Spring (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32818)

Cheers

aozora
17-12-2005, 06:23 PM
king spring is not the way to go...ive got them in my car..and sooo much body roll..!!check out whiteline and koni maybe..!!

but yes as nick la said..its been covered many times so u can get heaops of info from it!!

Read up but be wary of who you listen to.... like him.

Whiteline actually have softer rates in most cases then Kings so in turn will body roll slightly more (Whiteline for my car is 160lb front, Kings is 200lb front). Dampers won't control body roll (they shouldn't neway)... so as I said, take what you read with a grain of salt. I'm no exception either :)

Go for Kings, matching dampers and a pair of adjustable swaybars... if you only want to street it but I'll start repeating my self from here on so just do a search :p

|N|
17-12-2005, 06:25 PM

in regards to body roll... u need soem sway

sivic
18-12-2005, 12:10 AM
kings will be fine for a while but then they start to sag and really start to feel like ****.
go for something better to start with

sonic_Blastman
18-12-2005, 01:14 AM
how long does it take to get feel ****

spoondc2r
18-12-2005, 01:26 AM
arent tein one of the best springs you can get on the market? they are a really well know jap brand and way better that king or whiteline in my opinion and what i have heard from mates that have them. how much will the set of tien cost after shipping on ebay? go tein if not to much. :D

sonic_Blastman
18-12-2005, 07:56 AM
Hi price is $92 shipping $95 = $187 US all together arond $230 AUS, please click this "TEIN springs (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8022662556&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1) ", Isn't this one only the spring? does it usually come with the shock? i am confused, is it okay to buy only the shock? :confused:

arent tein one of the best springs you can get on the market? they are a really well know jap brand and way better that king or whiteline in my opinion and what i have heard from mates that have them. how much will the set of tien cost after shipping on ebay? go tein if not to much. :D

|N|
18-12-2005, 07:59 AM
230 a set of tein springs shipped sounds too cheap to me...

sonic_Blastman
18-12-2005, 08:01 AM
are they? i have no idea man thats why seek your help :) , others offer similar price like $90 for the price $105 for the shipping = $250 AUS or so with higher rating seller. shall i just stick to honda stock's shock?
230 a set of tein springs shipped sounds too cheap to me...

spoondc2r
18-12-2005, 04:13 PM
is that 203 for front and rear springs?

http://www.topspec.com.au/category155_1.htm

on this site it is like 540 for a set of front and rears spring. i would really recommend it i, have only heard good things from mates that have them plus they are a well regarded japanese brand.

in regards to shocks, what you have found are just the springs. if you want to lower your car these spring will do them about 1.5 inchs. if you want tein shocks/coilover i think ill set you back at least $2000 if im not mistaken.

there is also a guy on the forum selling a set of spoon progressive springs for about $500. im thinking of buying them but a lil short on funds for the moment hehe.

BlitZ
20-12-2005, 05:31 AM
thats really cheap..
$230..
when i was after springs ebya ppl quoted me 199 for delivery for all the springs..
who is the trader?

BlitZ
20-12-2005, 05:33 AM
I know like Teins that much although their quality is top notice.
It causeof the spring rates.. they tend to have a much heavier front rate than the rear.

sonic_Blastman
21-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the info, is it okay to use the stock shocks and tein springs? i mean how it impacts to the performance of the car? is having bars like sway bar and other bars important in this case?

is that 203 for front and rear springs?

http://www.topspec.com.au/category155_1.htm

on this site it is like 540 for a set of front and rears spring. i would really recommend it i, have only heard good things from mates that have them plus they are a well regarded japanese brand.

in regards to shocks, what you have found are just the springs. if you want to lower your car these spring will do them about 1.5 inchs. if you want tein shocks/coilover i think ill set you back at least $2000 if im not mistaken.

there is also a guy on the forum selling a set of spoon progressive springs for about $500. im thinking of buying them but a lil short on funds for the moment hehe.