PDA

View Full Version : First Car K's

hhaannkkyy
17-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Hey people

I just joined and its great lots of info :thumbsup: anyway im 16 and im going to buy my first car pretty soon, i have a budget $5000 and iv been doing some reseach on 3rd gen preludes, i think there a great car :honda: :D!!! iv seen a few in brisbane around my budget but i was wondering if that was too low for a quality prelude and also what is the max k's i should look at for a 3gen because i plan too have the car for a few years.

Thanx

jared
17-12-2005, 11:23 AM
yeh honda engines are designed to last a long time...if u can find a prelude wif less then 150 000km your cheerin...anythin after you'll have to have the car checked over and make sure the engine hasnt been flogged...generally 5000 sounds allright for a prelude buy from a old bloke usually there the only owner drive it around heaps sensiblly and would care for the car

91'lude
18-12-2005, 10:18 AM
I personally wouldn't buy one with over 250,000km. They are getting old these days, and that means most of them have that many, if not more km on them. For $5000 your not going to get one of the best examples, those live upwards of 7 grand. But try and find one with log books, to make sure its had its services, oil changes etc done properly by a Honda dealer.

Just make sure you get the car checked over, make sure the compression is ok. Don't be unrealistic, its a old car and will have ALOT of km on it.

Good luck.