PDA

View Full Version : Who is waiting on an 06?

hengis
17-12-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm sure there are alot of users out there like myself who have been reading these forums in and out waiting for their cars to arrive. I've been waiting (impatiently) since Late October and now i've recieved a call to say that my black auto euro lux will be ready in january with no specific eta. Who else is in the same boat and when are your cars getting delivered?

cheers

cupnoodle
18-12-2005, 12:56 PM
i'm waiting for it and i have no money

Ferrarista
18-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I was thinking about buying one, but i'l lwait till 08 when the all new Euro comes out.

Either that or a BF XR8/6T

djcloud
18-12-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm sure there are alot of users out there like myself who have been reading these forums in and out waiting for their cars to arrive. I've been waiting (impatiently) since Late October and now i've recieved a call to say that my black auto euro lux will be ready in january with no specific eta. Who else is in the same boat and when are your cars getting delivered?

cheers

I've been waiting since mid september, received a call from Honda in early dec saying my car will be ready for pick up on 9th Dec. Unfortunately, I left for overseas on 7th and won't be back til 22nd to pick up my new 06 euro. At least I have something to look forward to when I get back :D I would've imagine that those that have been waiting since Sept-Oct period would have their cars ready by at least mid dec. Nevertheless, it's worth the bloody wait!!! :thumbsup:

chosen_one
18-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Still undecided on whether I'll go for a Euro or wait for the new SS commodore to come out in 06.

BiLL|z0r
18-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Still undecided on whether I'll go for a Euro or wait for the new SS commodore to come out in 06.

Don't become a bombadore driver. Go the Euro.

chosen_one
18-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Don't become a bombadore driver. Go the Euro.
lol :)

ant234
19-12-2005, 07:31 AM
I can't believe there is a 3-4 mths wait... What is going on!
Anyway if you brought ur car in Sep/oct do you still get the 06 car?

EuroDude
19-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Maybe they are fitting the old grille's back onto the 06's :P

accordoholic
19-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I would defintely regret it, if I waited for a '06 model.

Go the Euro 05!!!

BiLL|z0r
19-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Looks like we was lucky when I got my 05 Std back in Sept, waited 4 days including the w/end :)

UNLS1
20-12-2005, 10:53 AM
lol the longest ive had a custome wait for an 06 euro is 3 weeks.....got a sat nav one goin out tomorrow....

and to the other bloke waitin to see if hes gunna get a SS commo or euro, get the VE with gen4 mate.....this is one bug detuned motor and just wait to see the potential it will have......more fun in the commo anyday of the euro....

but then again apples to apples lol more like euro apple to commo massive watermelon lol

chosen_one
20-12-2005, 02:18 PM
and to the other bloke waitin to see if hes gunna get a SS commo or euro, get the VE with gen4 mate.....this is one bug detuned motor and just wait to see the potential it will have......more fun in the commo anyday of the euro....

but then again apples to apples lol more like euro apple to commo massive watermelon lol
lol.....yeah I know chalk and cheese comparing the two but not to me dollar wise; because of where I work I can get a brand spanking new SS for the same price (if not a touch cheaper) than a new euro lux. Obviuosly I'm sacrificing build quality for massive untapped horse power but.......bucket loads of fun. I heard a rumor GM might be releasing the new motor in the VZ series II due to euro emission standards. Don't know how true that is. I'm not overly impressed with the spy shots of the new VE but it's like any model - it'll grow on you and you can't beat having the latest.

UNLS1
20-12-2005, 02:23 PM
there wont be a VZ 2, just the VE with the 6.0 donk! :) i cant wait but its so hard to compare v8 grunt....to excelent build quality and resale of a euro...

and trust me i know......i have a tegra lux atm, euro on some weekends and i own a VX 2 calais 5.7 that i take out on rice days for a cruise.....as far as im concerned i have the best of both worlds!

chosen_one
20-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Lucky you. That's a pretty nice swag of cars to be driving around.

msnealo
20-12-2005, 03:04 PM
I heard a rumor GM might be releasing the new motor in the VZ series II due to euro emission standards. Don't know how true that is. I'm not overly impressed with the spy shots of the new VE but it's like any model - it'll grow on you and you can't beat having the latest.

Taken from the last paragraph here (http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=10836&vf=1)
"Holden has confirmed a new 6.0 engine for the Commodore range from January, as predicted by Drive last month. However, it's not the Corvette-sourced LS2 used by HSV - it will be a new V8 with outputs of 260kW and 510Nm - the focus is on torque rather than peak performance. Codenamed L76, it has fuel saving technology that disables up to four cylinders under light driving load."

So looks like the VZ gets the new (for Commodore) L76 6.0l in January due to GenIII not meeting Euro emissions. Hard choice, class v's fast.

chosen_one
20-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Hard choice, class v's fast.
Damn straight. I'm frustrated with this whole car descision business. I took the first step and the made the decision that it was time for a new car, but that was the easy part - the choices are endless. I love the Euro but at the same time have always wanted an 8 pot beast. Price of fuel, yeah sure it's an issue but it's not gonna break the bank if you know what I mean. Decisions, decisions.

tiger266
21-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi guys,

This is my first post in this forum. Anyway, I am gonna get my euro MY06 in 3 days time!!! Can't wait. First I was told it was gonna be 24th, 1 week later, it was gonna be 1st week of jan, today? 24th dec!!! Too estatic right now. Hehe.

Thorn2004
21-12-2005, 11:15 AM
I don't like the changes to the 06 model, in particular the grill and the new rims, they make the car look like a granny's car seriously, where has the sportiness gone? I think I will stick to my 05 model untill the release of the all new 08 model at least!

hengis
21-12-2005, 09:45 PM
great stuff tiger.. what colour is it?

i've got mine preordered in black... i dropped off my custom plates yesterday and Astoria honda told me i'll get it sooner if its 05 plated, which i don't care about, so it'll be early jan.

it sucks how black euros have to have the cream interior + woodgrain, and theres no customization.

first thing to get that sportyness back is....i'm gonna get some coilovers and lower it, alrdy decided. than maybe some rims... gotta start saving

Tobster
22-12-2005, 08:18 AM
After wanting an Accord Euro when they were first released in 2003, I finally pick up my car tomorrow! Wandered in to the dealer last Saturday, and they had exactly what I wanted just in the holding yard!

2006 Milano red manual luxury (no sat-nav because I just won't need it). I've just had to wait the week for the tinting, mud flaps and tow bar to be fitted.

I know everybody has their own opinion, but in the metal, looking at an 05 right next to an 06, I now like the 06 more (lucky, since I'm getting one)...

I really like the new interior, and in my opinion, the new bumper and side skirt styling does give it a slightly more aggressive look which the photos just don't capture. It's only a little thing, but the new windscreen wipers are excellent! They have molded wind deflectors on top and they look so much neater when you see the cars side by side.

Even the chrome grille is growing on me, but I think that's just the excitement! I still think I'd like to replace it with the new Mugen grille, but after buying the car and paying for next year's overseas holiday, anything like that is going to have to wait for a while! I must say though, that the shape of ther new chrome grille does make the front of the car look wider and sleeker compared to the old chrome surround.

Just my impressions...

Woo-hoo! One more sleep...

ant234
22-12-2005, 08:31 AM
congrats tobster!!
06 or 05 u'll still love it cause its a Honda! :)

Tobster
22-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Yes, it's my first Honda... (crowd sighs)

Farewell to the TF 3 l Magna -- which has been an excellent car, but it's getting a bit worn now, and it's time to step up to something a bit nicer...

djcloud
23-12-2005, 12:01 AM
After returning from my overseas trip and 3mths of waiting, I've finally picked up my 06 euro today. It only had 34km on it when I picked it up so I wasn't too fuss about it since it's pretty much normal.

Despite being overly exhausted because of the lack of sleep on the plane, I still tried to put some km's on it. I'm just fascinated with the new dash, especially with the multi information display screen. steering wheel feels great as it's thick and not thin, wipers look great also. The front grill and rims don't look as bad as what some people make it out to be. I guess it'll grow on ya sooner or later.

So far, I'm impress with it. Planning to take it up for a long drive on the great ocean road to the 12 apostles. Before that I'm planning to get some sorta car-bra thingy for protection against stones/bugs for the front and hopefully there is something to protect the side mirrors also.

Anyways, to those who are still waiting, trust me, it's worth the wait :cool:

cheers :thumbsup:

hengis
23-12-2005, 12:15 AM
hey djcloud, nice stuff, mines getting delivered next friday, 7 more sleeps!

what color is it and is it AT or MT?

I'm sure you've been thinking about what mods etc ur going to have, so spill the beans on any plans u've got.

aaronng
23-12-2005, 08:54 AM
After returning from my overseas trip and 3mths of waiting, I've finally picked up my 06 euro today. It only had 34km on it when I picked it up so I wasn't too fuss about it since it's pretty much normal.

Despite being overly exhausted because of the lack of sleep on the plane, I still tried to put some km's on it. I'm just fascinated with the new dash, especially with the multi information display screen. steering wheel feels great as it's thick and not thin, wipers look great also. The front grill and rims don't look as bad as what some people make it out to be. I guess it'll grow on ya sooner or later.

So far, I'm impress with it. Planning to take it up for a long drive on the great ocean road to the 12 apostles. Before that I'm planning to get some sorta car-bra thingy for protection against stones/bugs for the front and hopefully there is something to protect the side mirrors also.

Anyways, to those who are still waiting, trust me, it's worth the wait :cool:

cheers :thumbsup:
Are you located in Sydney? Any chance of showing off your new car to the rest of us 03/04/05 owners. :D

djcloud
23-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Are you located in Sydney? Any chance of showing off your new car to the rest of us 03/04/05 owners. :D

I'm located in Melbourne. I'll try to take some pics of the car today and post it up for you guys :cool:

djcloud
23-12-2005, 11:36 AM
hey djcloud, nice stuff, mines getting delivered next friday, 7 more sleeps!

what color is it and is it AT or MT?

I'm sure you've been thinking about what mods etc ur going to have, so spill the beans on any plans u've got.

It's graphite pearl, had my windows tinted also. Oh, it's and AT (by the way, the AT transmission has a new look also, I think it looks much sleeker than the old poofy t-bar knob :D

Regarding mods, haven't thought about any at the moment as I've spent sh1t loads overseas and planning to get a new house next year. Mind you, I'm interested in the 2006 mugen body kit though and putting some fats on it too :D

Thorn2004
23-12-2005, 03:12 PM
After wanting an Accord Euro when they were first released in 2003, I finally pick up my car tomorrow! Wandered in to the dealer last Saturday, and they had exactly what I wanted just in the holding yard!

2006 Milano red manual luxury (no sat-nav because I just won't need it). I've just had to wait the week for the tinting, mud flaps and tow bar to be fitted.

I know everybody has their own opinion, but in the metal, looking at an 05 right next to an 06, I now like the 06 more (lucky, since I'm getting one)...

I really like the new interior, and in my opinion, the new bumper and side skirt styling does give it a slightly more aggressive look which the photos just don't capture. It's only a little thing, but the new windscreen wipers are excellent! They have molded wind deflectors on top and they look so much neater when you see the cars side by side.

Even the chrome grille is growing on me, but I think that's just the excitement! I still think I'd like to replace it with the new Mugen grille, but after buying the car and paying for next year's overseas holiday, anything like that is going to have to wait for a while! I must say though, that the shape of ther new chrome grille does make the front of the car look wider and sleeker compared to the old chrome surround.

Just my impressions...

Woo-hoo! One more sleep...

Congrats, you will love the milano red, it is a great color which looks sporty, I love mine trust me you will get a lot of compliments ! :)

I guess you will get used to the changes with the 06 model, I still prefer the 05 grill and the 05 rims, the 17 inch luxury 05 rims just make the car that much more sporty but I am sure we will adjust to seeing the 06 ones going around too :) Any mods planned? You are getting a towbar? Is this a family car? If so I guess you won't want the bodykit :D

hengis
24-12-2005, 12:29 AM
It's graphite pearl, had my windows tinted also. Oh, it's and AT (by the way, the AT transmission has a new look also, I think it looks much sleeker than the old poofy t-bar knob :D

Regarding mods, haven't thought about any at the moment as I've spent sh1t loads overseas and planning to get a new house next year. Mind you, I'm interested in the 2006 mugen body kit though and putting some fats on it too :D

:thumbsup: good stuff dude.

i was down at stalactites earlier tonight and i saw a red 06 parked down the road, it looks so much nicer in real life than in the pictures. i actually prefer the new rims than the old ones, it makes the old ones look plasticky if that makes sense. the headlights look so much sleeker, and even the chrome grill looks good! the car in general stands out from the crowd, quite impressed :thumbsup:

tiger266
24-12-2005, 01:13 AM
I finally got my car today! Silver MYO6 LUX AT. i was impressed when i first saw it. All i can say is it looks better in real life, it isnt photogenic at all. The black woodgrain is now replaced with a nicer metallic look (looks a bit like carbon fibre). I was also told that only the 06 had an extra power outlet in the centre arm rest box. The new front grill looks good in silver. The new rims are quite nice too, not as bad as the online pictures. And the night rear view mirror turns on when the headlights were turned on. The new trip meter is nice, it has options of languages, warning, reset km to empty tank at every refill, speed warning and i think one more forgot what it was. these can be accessed through the new button on the bottom right hand side on the steering.

Just wandering can the 05 models close and open the windows with the keys in the car handle?

BiLL|z0r
24-12-2005, 06:39 AM
Just wandering can the 05 models close and open the windows with the keys in the car handle?

Congrats, I so wanted the trip computer :(

To answer ya question, yes it can but I never use it.

djcloud
24-12-2005, 02:39 PM

I haven't taken any pics of it yesterday as my entire day was busy. However, I did manage to take some on the day I picked up my euro. Will take some pictures of the dashboard hopefully today :cool:

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/3207/img15624vl.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9020/img15633nl.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9920/img15647ia.jpg

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/7290/img15658dk.jpg

http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/5443/img15667wk.jpg

enjoy :D

hengis
24-12-2005, 05:15 PM
hey whats with those wheels? they aren't the stock ones or any of the option ones UNLS was talking about...

albii
25-12-2005, 09:07 AM
hey whats with those wheels? they aren't the stock ones or any of the option ones UNLS was talking about...
they are the 06 standard wheels..it's a standard with the foglight optioned on it. ;)

chosen_one
25-12-2005, 09:20 AM
djcloud, what was the additional cost for the fog light option?

djcloud
25-12-2005, 02:00 PM
djcloud, what was the additional cost for the fog light option?

From memory, I think I got them for about $340.

yfin
25-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Looks like they fixed the oversize number plate holder.

I need to see the rear bumper in the flesh to decide whether I like that. Certainly looks different.

But those 16" wheels look far worse than the 03-05 standard 16" wheels. They remind me of the rims on the CRV.

yfin
28-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Saw the sat nav model today - sat nav is bloody nice. Calculator and calendar are nice touches too! The trip computer is brilliant, very impressive. Rear bumper - don't like it - makes the car look like it has a fat ass.

What wasn't impressive was the price - I asked how much (it was the auto, lux with sat nav)?

She said - "51k on the road". I almost burst out laughing. That puts it in to the manual Mazda 6MPS territory (well for the standard poor man MPS anyway). As much as I like the luxury Euro with sat nav - it isn't worth the same as a manual MPS. Yeah, it doesn't have leather but you know what I mean.

Tobster
28-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Congrats, you will love the milano red, it is a great color which looks sporty, I love mine trust me you will get a lot of compliments ! :)

I guess you will get used to the changes with the 06 model, I still prefer the 05 grill and the 05 rims, the 17 inch luxury 05 rims just make the car that much more sporty but I am sure we will adjust to seeing the 06 ones going around too :) Any mods planned? You are getting a towbar? Is this a family car? If so I guess you won't want the bodykit :D
I guess you could call this a family car, but it's still my toy... Actually, while it doesn't look like it, the Honda tow bar is removable and what's left is actually pretty neat -- it has a tidy little plastic cover and it's not really noticable. The only thing they stuffed up on was the wiring harness was meant to be in the boot not fixed alongside the tow bar, but they're going to fix that at first service.

So far, I LOVE my car... I thought I'd hate the chrome grille: believe it or not, I'm actually starting to love it, and I don't think I'd like to replace it. I'll see how things go...

I love the red -- and, yes, it gets plenty of comments!

No mods planned at the moment. I'm happy with the ride height and handling and after my last car I like not scraping the bottom all the time! I'll just keep running things in and see how I feel about things. About the only thing I may do is play with the exhaust a little, but I don't really feel it's necessary...

I really like having the fuel and other info readouts.

I've evn been a complete nerd and actually read most of the owner's manual!

jamchen
28-12-2005, 05:45 PM
a excite news for our family!! our third honda will be in our garage tomorrow morning!!
a milano red euro lux with sat nav!!!!thanx to james ( unls1) who helped us to get a good deal... and luckily there's a car sitting in the showroom exact to our wanting!!
love the red and the sat nav... its really advance and easy to use...
will try to post some pics later coz our adsl is down and gonna be back about few days time....!!! can't wait till we drive it home tomorrow!

UNLS1
28-12-2005, 09:36 PM
yes a big congrats james to u and ur family! Very nice people indeed!

The cleaners didnt pick up ur car today so im going in way b4 we open to take the car to them myself so it will be ready for u by 8:45!

This is the quickest delivery ever lol

Cheers Jimmy

hengis
30-12-2005, 10:27 AM
i'm picking up my nighthawk black in 2 hours!! post pics tonight

hengis
31-12-2005, 12:21 AM
recieved my nighthawk with a reading of 22km on it
walked in to the garage with my customized plates alrdy on it and damn did it look fine!

from a first impression it oozed luxury, smells like it, feels like it, and looks like it. Although i was hesitant about the gold badging after selecting it, it turned out really well creating a nice contrast against the chrome grill.

contrary to popular belief, at just 100kms, i hit vtec numerous times.
I found it to be a very responsive, sleek, and powerful car, for something that only has 4 cyclinders.

wheels...i like the new ones better now. they have definately grown on me. front bar hands down is way better, and trip computer made such a huge visual impact. sound system is quite good, and the ride is smooooooooth as.

glad i waited the few months to get the 06.
don't have a camera to take pics right now but will try in the next few days.

aaronng
31-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Good job. Because you gave it more throttle at medium to high revs, your piston rings will seal well and you'll have almost no oil consumption. But remember to go gentle on your gearbox and drivetrain, because those components need the 1000km run in period. The engine on the other hand is good to go.

hengis
31-12-2005, 06:14 PM
:thumbsup: sweet
i've got the 5 speed AT though so gearbox has nothing to worry about

aaronng
31-12-2005, 07:07 PM
5AT needs some gentle loving too, but it's not difficult. Just avoid big and fast RPM changes, which is possible only though sports shift. If you drive in D, then no problems. :) It's better to go from 2000 to 7000rpm in 1 gear rather than whack it from 2000rpm to 5000rpm through sportsshift. Of course, after 1000 km, have sportsshift fun. :D

hengis
01-01-2006, 11:59 AM
i hope this works fellas
but heres a video of my new ride
its roughly 14 megs

http://www.bigupload.com/d=F3E1B5BA

hengis
01-01-2006, 04:28 PM
and some pics as promised

http://users.bigpond.net.au/hengis/index.htm

chosen_one
04-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Hey, for you folks with your new 06 Euros, would anyone be kind enough to tell me if there is an ipod plug in anywhere. I remember reading the US TSX had the ability to plug in an ipod but couldn't work out if it was something you plug in in the cabin or have to go behind the dash.
Cheers

jl88rl
13-02-2006, 11:21 PM
and some pics as promised

http://users.bigpond.net.au/hengis/index.htm

Gold H doesnt look that bad from pic. Nice!

tanalasta
25-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Well - revising an old thread.

Signed the paperwork Tuesday. Novated lease finalised today and should be settled tomorrow. Dealer says he's booked out on delivery this week.

Will pick up my car if I can get away from work Monday afternoon. 6 day delivery time. Well here's hoping!

Graphite Euro Sport (auto)

jamchen
25-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey, for you folks with your new 06 Euros, would anyone be kind enough to tell me if there is an ipod plug in anywhere. I remember reading the US TSX had the ability to plug in an ipod but couldn't work out if it was something you plug in in the cabin or have to go behind the dash.
Cheers

i believe you have to buy an i-pod adaptor inorder to use i-pod in the euro's stereo as aux-in... i think its something called ice-link or something...