PDA

View Full Version : coilovers - to coil or not to coil

shurman
17-12-2005, 06:13 PM
i dunno much about sussie.... so firstly... if i get coilovers do i keep my springs or buy new springs or lose the springs??? is it worht spending the money on coilovers for street driving with only light track work??

cheers

|N|
17-12-2005, 06:14 PM
get it right the first time... coilover... and neva look back

LowEk
17-12-2005, 06:20 PM
coilovers for sure you get springs with coilovers you may just need to use your standard strut tops which is good anyway dun have to pull em out to change your sussy.

Paul1985
17-12-2005, 06:22 PM
u keep your current springs with coilovers.... in the garage :D
lol.. coilovers come with everything u need dude..

aozora
17-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Weigh up your application, budget, options,and overall knowledge in regards to all that... then decide. It's takes alot of research if you want to get it right. Coil-overs may not be the answer for everybody if you're on a budget.
Good coil-over sets can easy top over the 1.5k mark... a good set of springs and dampers, under 1k and all the options with coil-overs can be had with spring/damper setups (spring platforms for height adjustability, camber tops for.... duh and damper adjustment depending on the damper). What you will be paying for is the "matching" between spring and damper rates in the end without the options in mind... do a search, I swear I've covered this before. Research.

Domokun SPL
18-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Do you compain about a ride in a car with stiff suspension? If not, get coilovers.

Does the car see many track days? If not, think about shock/spring setup, it will be much nicer in a daily.