PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Side dent protection missing?

EuroDude
18-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Hi guys,

One thing I noticed is that the Euro's dont have any side door protection (horz strips) against other careless drivers not taking care when opening their door in 90 degree parking. As with all Honda's the doors are quite thin, so any foreign door 'impact' would result in dents.

I imagine its not a Honda option, are there 3rd party professional add-ons available?

There are quite a few bad parkers at work (in the IT field :rolleyes: ), the last thing I want is dents in the doors. :(

yfin
18-12-2005, 01:07 AM
hi this has been covered. It is a factory option in NZ - if you get the part number (you may need to speak to a NZ dealership) you could order them from your local Honda dealership.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15933&highlight=euro+strips

PNR888
18-12-2005, 07:42 AM
Dont you hate those careless people!
my car just copped one yesterday... I am still furious.

Alpine
18-12-2005, 08:21 AM
Anyone got a picture of a Euro with side protector strips? I am trying to imagine it and I suspect it would ruin the overall clean lines and looks of the Euro!

yfin
18-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Anyone got a picture of a Euro with side protector strips? I am trying to imagine it and I suspect it would ruin the overall clean lines and looks of the Euro!

See

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14994

It looks quite good in the flesh - most people who don't know the Euro wouldn't be able to pick the difference. The main downside is the cost - unless you can get paint really cheap it is quite an expensive exercise to install these OEM protectors.

Peekay34
18-12-2005, 10:36 AM
But if your Daddy in Law owns a panel shop like me well is very cheap to get done....lol....

And the side protect units look good as it on my car

Talk to these people

Honda Cars Wellington
65 Kent Terrace
PO Box 9343
Wellington 6001

General Enquiries: (04) 385-9966

Talk to a guy called Warick

They cost approx $300 from memory.

Alpine
18-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Peekay34, do you have any photos of a full on side view of your car? I'd like to see the side protect strips.

Ferrarista
18-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Sorry to say, but it totally ruins the car.

The Euro is sharp and smooth

Peekay34
18-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Sorry to say, but it totally ruins the car.

The Euro is sharp and smooth

Well since you have not seen it it the flesh would be hard to make a comment..... Yfin has seen it and as quoted " looks quite good in the flesh - most people who don't know the Euro wouldn't be able to pick the difference" but I guess you are entitled to your opinion. I like them I will keep them.

Picture as good as I can get it at the moment. As the car is else where.

yfin
18-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Ferrarista - I thought it wouldn't look good after seeing the photos too - after seeing the car I don't mind it at all. It actually looks like it is part of the bodykit.

Peekay - care to share the dyno figures as seen in that photo? :p

PERTH_EURO
18-12-2005, 07:21 PM
just remember that the strip wont stop door bangs, not if the other door doesnt line up with ur strip.

destrukshn
18-12-2005, 07:36 PM
but hey, it can reduce it a little at least!

stephen8512
18-12-2005, 07:55 PM
yeah i gotta agree
ruins the lines of the euro but each to their own

EuroDude
18-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the info, I may get some from NZ.

IMO it improves the look of the car a bit - Ive always thought that the Euro looked a bit bland on the sides.

ps. that blue euro looks shweet! :)

razaman
19-12-2005, 02:42 AM
Having seen a few euro's with these on I have to say they are hideous and totally ruin the clean lines of the car.

Raz (blah!:()

Peekay34
19-12-2005, 06:16 AM
You are entitled to your opinion as I said. I and any one who owns a Euro who has seen them on agree they don't look out of place. As far as I am concerned if the reduce the chance of being hit by some selfesh person then I am happy to keep them on. I hate door dings. And I know they have saved my doors quite a few times.

Eurodude thanks for you comment re my car. BTW I will be in NZ from this weekend if you order them and they have them in stock by next week I might be able to pick them up for you. I am in Melbourne though.

Ferrarista
19-12-2005, 08:22 AM
You are entitled to your opinion as I said. I and any one who owns a Euro who has seen them on agree they don't look out of place. As far as I am concerned if the reduce the chance of being hit by some selfesh person then I am happy to keep them on. I hate door dings. And I know they have saved my doors quite a few times.

Eurodude thanks for you comment re my car. BTW I will be in NZ from this weekend if you order them and they have them in stock by next week I might be able to pick them up for you. I am in Melbourne though.

The other day i was having a cigarette and had a really good side view of my car, while looking at it i was thinking how amazingly sharp and clean the side is, when looking at 170 desgrees you cant even see the gaps between the doors and this was even comented on by a review i once read on it.

Sorry to say i dont need to see them first, imo it ruins a big part of the cars class but everyone is entitled th their own opinion.

yfin thinks 17's looks good on a Euro :p

EuroDude
19-12-2005, 08:40 AM

Thanks, but I dont have the car yet - I am planning on getting one early next year, hopefully an 06 model :)

yfin
19-12-2005, 08:49 AM
The other day i was having a cigarette and had a really good side view of my car, while looking at it i was thinking how amazingly sharp and clean the side is, when looking at 170 desgrees you can even see the gaps between the doors and this was even comented on by a review i once read on it.

Sorry to say i dont need to see them first, imo it ruins a big part of the cars class but everyone is entitled th their own opinion.

yfin thinks 17's looks good on a Euro :p

Funny, I am being told about taste by a smoker with none left! ;) hehe

Peekay, once you have your wing on takes some nice shots of your car and post them up. I think that will change some views here.

mmmm 17s Ferrarista... (couldn't resist)

http://www.aa.isas.ne.jp/myvitz/accord/accord_photo/myaccordphoto_05.jpg

Ferrarista
19-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Funny, I am being told about taste by a smoker with none left! ;) hehe

Peekay, once you have your wing on takes some nice shots of your car and post them up. I think that will change some views here.

mmmm 17s Ferrarista... (couldn't resist)

http://www.aa.isas.ne.jp/myvitz/accord/accord_photo/myaccordphoto_05.jpg

Is that your car? I thought you had a Euro R kit

yfin
19-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Is that your car? I thought you had a Euro R kit

Not mine - from here - a great site:

www.aa.isas.ne.jp/myvitz/accord/accordaisya/accordaisya.html

Ferrarista
19-12-2005, 05:14 PM

awesome, thanks!

Chris_F
19-12-2005, 05:58 PM
yfin thinks 17's looks good on a Euro images/smilies/tongue.gif

he's not the only one

eurosp
19-12-2005, 06:04 PM

awesome site. loved it. Thanks.

EuroDude
24-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Hey guys im getting my euro soon - rather than ordering them from NZ does anyone know where I can get the side protectors in Aus (Sydney preferably)?