PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Protectors

Adagio
18-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Are the polycarbonate headlight mouldings/external lenses on the 2005 Euro Accord able to be replaced at a reasonable price? I was told, at the time of purchase, that the Accord did not need headlight protectors as the factory fitted mouldings were strong enough for most on-road situations. I prefer not to fit protectors as they spoil the sleek shape and collect leaves etc. Has anyone had any experience with this scenario :confused:

yfin
18-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Are the polycarbonate headlight mouldings/external lenses on the 2005 Euro Accord able to be replaced at a reasonable price? I was told, at the time of purchase, that the Accord did not need headlight protectors as the factory fitted mouldings were strong enough for most on-road situations. I prefer not to fit protectors as they spoil the sleek shape and collect leaves etc. Has anyone had any experience with this scenario :confused:

I think you will find the headlights are one complete piece - ie you can't just change the moulding as the moulding is glued to the headlight body.

I agree you don't need headlight protectors but what you are more likely to find is that stones will eventually start to scratch the headlights. The Euro protectors do not spoil the shape and they do not collect leaves as they are a very close fit.

Adagio
19-12-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the advice I will order a set of protectors today. :thumbsup:

ant234
19-12-2005, 07:19 AM
I've got them on my car and they look good ;)
I already have a few chips in the headlight protectors so I'm glad I got them from the very begining.

I have to take them out once in a while to clean them tho as during rainy days sorta makes them dirty (inside)

eurosp
19-12-2005, 05:57 PM

I was told the same when I purchase mine. Is one year now and I drive 90% freeway. It does not look good. I am getting a set of headlight protector and bonnet protector as well. I sorta regrated did not get them earlier.