PDA

View Full Version : adjustable cam sprockets

amato2
18-12-2005, 07:45 PM
what cam sprockets should i get for my 02 V6, and will this change make my car more powerful, by adjusting the timing

- i also have a flat spot in the power curve..at 2200rpm the engine feels like its lost power for a moment, powers up again

- would a cam sprocket fix this problem

SKREMN
18-12-2005, 09:11 PM
if you have a stock motor and stock cams not much power gains are to be had if any at all

Limbo
19-12-2005, 03:47 PM
the cam gears help to move your power band. They don't actually make more power. They just move the power to a different power band where it will be of more use

amato2
19-12-2005, 09:49 PM
didnt know that thanx....

- would this help get rid of the flat spot on my car..

Limbo
19-12-2005, 10:08 PM
It might but i'm not 100% sure

MRH-22A
31-12-2005, 12:10 AM
the cam gears help to move your power band. They don't actually make more power. They just move the power to a different power band where it will be of more use

what u mean by moving the power band?

KB
31-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Well with SOHC motors, the adjustable cam gear moves the power band higher or lower.

But with DOHC Motors the cam gears allow you to change overlap between intake and exhaust. Fine tuning the cams to individual needs.

Limbo
31-12-2005, 02:40 PM
what u mean by moving the power band?

Well you will note that your car will have a sweet spot where the revs just go up really fast and easliy. You can move that power spot/band to lower rpms or higher rpms. Just depends on what you wanna use the car for and where you need your power.

If you wanna get rid of a flat spot this could be fixed by the cam gears, but mine was fixed by having a more free flowing exhaust and CAI intake.

To really get the most of the tune do above and get an aftermarket ECU either Apexi Power FC or Hondata.

actually i just remed you might be able to get rid of it with Apexi Vafc or one of those by minor adjustments to your time/fuel points that is having issues.

MRH-22A
01-01-2006, 04:36 AM
i see i see... thanks buddy.

and happy new year~!

Non Vtec
01-01-2006, 03:28 PM
you will see gains, all those people that say there is nothing to be gained forget that the new motors have continuously variable cam gears on the intake cams..
although factory set cams will be set at a good zero point, but you could still see 10-20whp if you spent enough time on a dyno tuning the car with a good ECU aswell..

amato2
07-01-2006, 04:21 PM
well thants nice to know....how much am i looking for at the apexi power FC and where could i get it fitted here in melb

Limbo
08-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Speak to James, i think his nick is BLK.... can't rem.
He will generally recommend hondata though, but he seems to make cars go faster.
I think he will do PowerFC also.
There is a guy MrPlow in the seller's forum who is selling his PowerFC for $900, but i dunno if it will fit a Accord? James will know he seems to know everything when it comes to ecus (or a hell of alot more than i do!)

joyride
08-01-2006, 12:21 PM
i thought you only need cam gears for heavily modded engines?
it even says here : http://www.autocarparts.com/parts/Engine/Cam-~-Cam-Gears/AEM/