PDA

View Full Version : ECU wiring diagram .. plz help : (

180sx
18-12-2005, 11:04 PM
hi guys and girls ... i have a big problem atm , i am driving a 1989 LS integra with a EF SIR B16A gen 1 engine in it ... and i just blew the engine ... so i bought a EG SIR B16A to put it in .... but now , when i took the blew EF B16A out , i found out the wiring are terrible ... the guy who put the EF B16A gen 1 in did a short cut ... all the wiring are " Fxxked " and the EF B16A gen 1 was using a full LINK ECU as well ... so ....i have to modifly it to use the STOCK ECU ....

the EG B16A is from an AUTO sir .... ( JDM of course ) it come with an AUTO ECU ... can i still use it on my MANUAL ?

the BIGGEST problem is : i can't find the WIRING DIAGRAM for the EG sir engine ~~!!!!!! the looms had been CHOPPed by the wrecker ... ( P.S : yes !! it's chopped , not cut ..... .) so can anyone plz post some links for the wiring diagram of a EG SIR JDM ?? thx alot

any help will be appreciated ..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BiGANG
19-12-2005, 08:34 AM
no you cant use the auto ecu in your manual car.

as for the wiring diagram i think i found the one for my car on honda-tech.com

iamhappy46
19-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Like BiGANG said...
Use the LINK ECU and get it tuned to suit the new motor if your on a tight budget.

If you really want the EG loom made up, do a search for the OBD1 ECU wiring harness.

180sx
19-12-2005, 07:28 PM
OBD1 ECU wiring = JDM one ?? sorry i am new to honda ..... because my LS is ADM and the engine + ecu = JDM ... so i am not sure are they the same or not ..... and i won't use the LINK ecu again on any honda ..... just want it to be stock and run smooth .... i got Spoon cam gear and Type R cams in my EF B16A also .... but i just want to be stock .......

iamhappy46
20-12-2005, 10:51 AM
If you want to fit a EG B16, the wiring harness plug you will require is OBD1(On Board Diagnostic 1) Basically, it has 3 plugs with respectively 26 pin, 16 pin and 22 pin plugs.

Adapting the LS loom or for that matter the LINK equipped loom, has been done many time before. personally, I would start from scratch or find a EG VTi, GLi or Si loom and swap it into your LS and adapt the wiring to suit your car.

This is by no means an easy job with the Link ECU fuel pump relay, injector wiring, etc needs to be converted back to Honda specs.

Limbo
20-12-2005, 11:44 AM
mate i have a civic 90-95 manual with wiring i believe at home send me ur email and will send u a copy it might b of some help.

ekslut
20-12-2005, 12:13 PM

Why not? I am running a auto ecu in my car and its running fine.

180sx
21-12-2005, 01:08 AM
mate i have a civic 90-95 manual with wiring i believe at home send me ur email and will send u a copy it might b of some help.

thx a lot for help mate ... u are good man ... i am really appreciated ... my email is : joey_180sx@hotmail.com Cheers

180sx
21-12-2005, 01:09 AM

hmm u can use AUTO ecu in a manual .... but not a Manual ECU in a AUTO ...... my friend's 180sx is using a AUTO ecu as well but i an not sure about honda ... think it's the same also ...

iamhappy46
21-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Honda Auto ECU's expect the auto transmission to be there and have all sorts of problems running a manual.

Nissan Auto ECU's are generic, they have the capability of running a manual but timing and fuel are not the same as the manual ECU. Your mate does realise the Auto 180SX ECU makes 9kw less power than a manual, right??

ekslut
21-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Honda Auto ECU's expect the auto transmission to be there and have all sorts of problems running a manual.

Nissan Auto ECU's are generic, they have the capability of running a manual but timing and fuel are not the same as the manual ECU. Your mate does realise the Auto 180SX ECU makes 9kw less power than a manual, right??

Have you tried this? Coz I am running a B16a auto ecu on my manual civic without a problem.

Limbo
21-12-2005, 07:46 PM
yes i have heard that the Auto ECU works fine with Manaul cos i have seen these in 20v corollas was not sure with the civics that's all but ekslut now proves it.

iamhappy46
23-12-2005, 01:47 PM
ekslut: Just because the auto ECU has your engine 'running' fine, just like the above mentioned 180SX but is it running at its best??

Here is a link to convert your Honda Auto ECU to manual:
http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/ECUHardwareMods
or go directly to:
http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/AutoToManual

On my ED swap, I fitted the auto P08 ECU but had to modify the board after getting poor idle and spluttering if I quickly released the accelerator. So I followed these directions: http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/OBD1P08AutoManual