PDA

View Full Version : CRX beeps when i turn it on???

fly_free
19-12-2005, 11:26 AM
hey,

heres a quick question. when i turn my car on (everytime) it makes a beeping sound (not the horn) for about 10secs, its annoying and i want to take it out, what is it for? it also does it when i flick my reds on.

also........ is this normal...... when my roof is off it makes a buzzing sound like a warning to tell me my roofs off (like derrrrr i know its off i took it off).... can i remove this buzzer to???

does anyone know where i can find these devices that make them beep and buzz?

oh and car is a crx

SINISTR
19-12-2005, 11:37 AM
hey Fly! :)

The beeping i think is the warning - that you haven't put your seat belt on!!!

Sit in the car, put the belt on first - then turn the key - Viola - beep is gone!!!

(its a feature thats been fitted to cars like the EG civic, CRX and so on from about 92 onwards)

Buzzing? mmm.. quiet possible that its a warning. I recon leave that - cos one day you might find that it will actually be useful.

Lukezen27
19-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Seatbell mate?

LMAO

Lukezen27
19-12-2005, 11:38 AM
hey Fly! :)

The beeping i think is the warning - that you haven't put your seat belt on!!!

Sit in the car, put the belt on first - then turn the key - Viola - beep is gone!!!

Buzzing? mmm.. quiet possible that its a warning. I recon leave that - cos one day you might find that it will actually be useful.

TIME 12:37 PM hehehehheheh

Same yet you still beat me :o

fly_free
19-12-2005, 11:41 AM
ahahahahahaha damn it why didnt i think of that!!!!!!!!

seatbelt............. i shoulda known...... :P i feel like a bimbo now :D

SINISTR
19-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Lukezen :P

Fly - haha... maybe your cars just in love with you and it beeps ??? anyway - hope that sorted your issue hehe

ProECU
19-12-2005, 11:46 AM
ahahahahahaha damn it why didnt i think of that!!!!!!!!

seatbelt............. i shoulda known...... :P i feel like a bimbo now :D

you are a bimbo!

you can disable the seatbelt warning underneath the drivers seat, where you will find a cable and clip. Just disconnect the clip.

As for the warning for the roof, it is strange that it buzzes when the roof is off.
Can you provide more detail as to how you are removing it... step by step, details are important.

Lukezen27
19-12-2005, 11:47 AM
On a side note

I hate that sound coze I allways turn my car on first :rolleyes:

fly_free
19-12-2005, 11:55 AM
ummmmmmmmm lol

the roof ok, in step formation:

Step 1: Unlock clips on both sides of the roof
Step 2: Open Boot
Step 3: Remove Roof from its place
Step 4: Place in boot
Step 5: Lock it down in boot in the roof holder thingy
Step 6: Close boot

oh and heres another question!!!! ok now ever since i bought the car ive been opening the boot with the key, is there sum kinda lever or sumfin u can pull from inside the car to open the boot......... like on my mums camry :P its really annoying when u leave ur keys in the boot lock then spend 30mins looking for them!

SINISTR
19-12-2005, 11:56 AM
On a side note

I hate that sound coze I allways turn my car on first :rolleyes:

Crank the Stereo UP :D

SINISTR
19-12-2005, 11:59 AM
mmm... makes me think your BUZZING is the WIND over the top of the Windscreen. I thought you had a JDM 'DELSOL SiR' with an electric roof and thats where the buzzing was from.

as for a leaver. not sure - i'd think it would be near the 'fuel cap' leaver ... but i'll leave that to the delsol boyz.

fly_free
19-12-2005, 12:54 PM
nah its not wind its an actuall buzzing sound, anyhow would love to know if these cars came with a boot opener thingy

Ferrari
19-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Mate,

That beep you hear, when the roof is off, is because you havent secured the roof properly in the boot, if the latches are not secured properly and pop open whilst driving that annoying beep will continue.

Likewise if you dnt stow the roof in the boot, and leave it at home and dnt close the latches.

Ferrari
19-12-2005, 12:59 PM
The lever for boot release was only realeased on 97 + models, I do not even know if they made it to the AUDM models.

Honda did that so if you parked with the roof off, no one could unlatch the boot, and take ur stuff. But ye I really hate that I have locked my keys in the boot before with no spare... not fun at all.

My alarm has electronic boot release now so its all good, its crap having to turn the car off, to get to the boot.

fly_free
19-12-2005, 03:04 PM
thanks for that!!!!!

yeh it sucks that honda didnt make a boot release latch.............

ill keep an eye out on the way i put my roof in the boot :D

thanks again guys!

SINISTR
19-12-2005, 04:11 PM
You could always try having it hooked up to your Alarm as Boot Release!