PDA

View Full Version : Bang for you bucks DA9 mods

A-man
19-12-2005, 12:37 PM
hey all i thought id get the ball rolling coz i see all the dc2 and 5 threads of this so i think its time for a DA9

shebangs
19-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Sell and Buy a DC2?

string
19-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Sell and Buy a DC2?
Aside from possibly being the worst bang for buck "mod", why would he want to change to a chassis that everyone else has and has done a thousand times at a huge cost?

Don't say aftermarket support, as 99% of DC2 aftermarket items can fit (with minor modifications) on a DA9.

Cold Fusion
19-12-2005, 02:04 PM
go the da9!

ill do some research and get back to yas, we really need this lol

and why would we want to downgrade shebangs? i love my car ^_^

wkdteg
19-12-2005, 02:20 PM
LoL @ cold fusion
i think ill put down the obvious with breathing mods being relatively cheap.
things like air intake, exhaust, headers seem to do really well with NA engines, as they dont restrict them as much.

TRU32U
19-12-2005, 04:24 PM
guys i got a da9 now...
and it needs some more balls!!!
or is it jus me.. =P
any who so far mines stock as a rock apart from a cannon... and its a shotty one too jus a cut n shut job makes lots of noise but i think im loseing power.. IE back pressure... im gettin 320K per tank!!!

ekslut
19-12-2005, 04:27 PM
As for engine mods check here: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19495

Chassis mods are as per usual. Swaybars, strut bars, shocks, springs, etc...

Cold Fusion
19-12-2005, 07:12 PM
definitly agree with the breathing mods, air intake is a MUST weather it be a POD or a K&N stock replacement air filter (what i got so it looks stock form the top), another good thing is to make a RAM air induction, the resinator below ur air intake is annoying and can easily be taken off and then a pipe put there for cold air ;) (what i got)

also mainly 2.25", i wouldnt go any bigger unless some engine internal mods. headers and hi-flo cat r essencial too :)

ill look around and get prices and stuff, coz i need this as much as alot of you do :)

A-man
20-12-2005, 12:48 AM
im gonna get a replacment pod

if u take the intake resinator thing off does that get rid of the cool whistle noise????

coz i wana keep that

i was gettin a twin loop muffler for it and extractors and stuff

i dont kno where u can get struts and stuff...

__arjay__
20-12-2005, 12:50 AM
If u end up getting a twin loop muffler.. tell me how it fits.. bcoz the way our exaust systems are im pretty sure u have to hack the muffler to make it fit.. you may or not understand but it has sumfin to do with the length.

I want one but dont wanna be the first to test it out.

Cold Fusion
20-12-2005, 01:09 AM
pansy :P

egSi
20-12-2005, 08:04 AM
this is a very good idea but it needs to be a lil more formal.

i have sold twinloop mufflers to da9 owners but i didnt hear anything back on fitment. if it fits an eg, im sure itll fit a da9 :thumbsup:

da9s = :thumbsup:

Flanderz
20-12-2005, 10:52 AM
prob the best is to remove factory restrictions on the engine, go a cold air induction system, then a quality header and exahust system. You can also pick up som intake plenums and larger throttle bodies for cheap these days. A lightened flywheel and good quality clutch is a good mod to do as it will put power to the running gear alot quicker. Good quality fuel pump, camshafts from crower are cheaper than say skunk2 and toda, adjustable cam gears, lightned pullys.

B18A, pick up a turbo kit and go bannanas :D

aus91integra
20-12-2005, 11:31 AM
after intake and exhaust mods.. look at changing gbox...

SKREMN
20-12-2005, 04:13 PM
drop a vtec head on the b18 block
then youll get more power

Boy_Integra
20-12-2005, 06:25 PM
drop a vtec head on the b18 block
then youll get more power

How much would that cost incl labor SKREMN? Oh btw think its your car i always see at GOOD PERFORMANCE.. :)

da9s = :thumbsup:

Haha good old Trav always thumbing up our Da9s :D

SKREMN
20-12-2005, 09:22 PM
yer my car lives there getting im back this week hopefully
it could cost about 3-4 grand it all depends if you want cheep, stock or better jdm or aftermarket parts

prices start from there

wkdteg
21-12-2005, 12:43 AM
LoL
yeah i wouldnt exactly call a VTEC conversion a "cheap" mod.
SKREMN... wat u gettin done 2 ur car?

A-man
21-12-2005, 02:11 AM
i was told puttin vtec on a car is as useful as gettin a T4 garret and running 2 psi through it

where u get cai? and parts from.....

and wot dc2 parts can i look at for fitting to a da9

wkdteg
21-12-2005, 12:45 PM
cai... main manufcaturing brands produce decent cai intakes. simota, injen and dc sports would b my pick. i believe trav (egSi) has the simota 1s.

Boy_Integra
21-12-2005, 05:15 PM
yer my car lives there getting im back this week hopefully
it could cost about 3-4 grand it all depends if you want cheep, stock or better jdm or aftermarket parts

prices start from there

Hmm... Interesting thanks man.. :thumbsup:

SKREMN
21-12-2005, 09:37 PM
LoL
yeah i wouldnt exactly call a VTEC conversion a "cheap" mod.
SKREMN... wat u gettin done 2 ur car?
The vtec conversion isnt the cheepest option but good bang for buks and vtec is priceless one you go you never go back
i'm currently getting b20 b18 vtec hybrid
look my car specs if you wanna see more

A-man
22-12-2005, 12:23 PM
i had an offer for a vtec b18c vtec conversion in the ls which was gonna cost me $4400 fitted the front cut was off a vtir

wasnt sure if it was good or not... but i been told its not worth doin coz u can get similar power etc from non vtec but i duno how true this is

im not really sure wot a vtec feels, sounds like

sockai
24-12-2005, 04:14 PM
hmmm better off saving for a da6 halfcut i think?
i've got a deposit down on mine, it's coming within 2 weeks.
93 da6 halfcut w/ lsd and all 4 brakes w/ abs so should be alright...$2k landed
the b16a2 has a lot more potential than the b18a1 imo

IN73GZ
24-12-2005, 11:04 PM
i think the da6 half cut is a waste of money
different kind of transmission, its the cable instead of hydrolic.
dont waste your money, just get a b18c outa a vtir if u dont wana spend that much or a b16a outa a new civic vtir.
A-Man, dont knock vtec until youve tried it, whoever told u that turbo crap doesnt know ****!!!!
once u hear and feel vtec you will fall in love with it!!!!

locote
25-12-2005, 12:24 AM
B16a would be a waste of money goin from a b18a,
youl gain very little Hp as compared to the torque youll loose,
i got quoted round 2000 for a complete conversion its the cheapest way of goin vtec but you wont be goin faster.
and to me spending 4000+ for a b18c1 conversion just didnt seem worth it on paper.
all that money for 20kw and 1 nm of torque.
4g well spend on motor and a ITR gearbox would make a sleeper N/A non vtec.

FR33K
25-12-2005, 11:49 AM
i think the da6 half cut is a waste of money
different kind of transmission, its the cable instead of hydrolic.
dont waste your money, just get a b18c outa a vtir if u dont wana spend that much or a b16a outa a new civic vtir.
A-Man, dont knock vtec until youve tried it, whoever told u that turbo crap doesnt know ****!!!!
once u hear and feel vtec you will fall in love with it!!!!

b16a out of a new civic vtir is exactly the same engine as the one in the da6.. except it would be harder to convert
what do u mean by a different type of transmission ?? if anything its better then the b18 one ??
da6 conversion would be the EASIEST to do to your integra as there would be nothin tricky to do example not changing cable to hydro, OBD0 to OBD whatever the civic is.
just a bolt in job..

Cold Fusion
25-12-2005, 12:55 PM
zing! ahaha he thinks he knows more than he knows ;)

i personally would still rather turbo my car before i look at getting vtec. but if u can get a b16a with gearbox n shit for 2k, do you think that would be better than rebuilding my current b18a engine with forgies? how much boost could the b16a handle? coz if it can handle like 8, then id go the b16a.

SKREMN
25-12-2005, 10:46 PM
if your going turbo just turbo up what cha got cheeper and then will be able to pump more boost!
if you want N/A on a budget go b16a

Cold Fusion
25-12-2005, 10:49 PM
yeh tru, i would rather like 12-14psi with non vtec than 7-8 psi with vtec. and ill have more torque than my Vtec counterparts :P

now all i need to do is save lol

SKREMN
25-12-2005, 10:54 PM
if you go forgies you should pump more then 12-14 psi
turbo is never ending options are endless

IN73GZ
26-12-2005, 01:23 AM
cold fusion shut up, your all talk and u dont know shit.
for starters your engine has like 300,000kms on it, u bolt on a turbo and say goodbye to your engine
i made a simple mistake coz i thought the new civic engine was hydrolic transmission, i know alot more than you do so shut up and dont comment on my input

FR33K
26-12-2005, 01:27 AM
coz i thought the new civic engine was hydrolic transmission,

it is.. which is why i wouldnt put it in the teg coz the teg is cable..
why go thru the hassle when u can just bolt in a b16 straight from the da6 and driveaway..

IN73GZ
26-12-2005, 01:54 AM
yeh so exacltly, i do know what im talking about, same engine, but if u take the b16a2 outa the civic u will get hydro tranny which i personally prefer but if u get it outa the da6 u will get cable, see i was right cold fusion u ***n stooge!!!! it was just read wrong,
how bout u find out what your saying before u go talkin shit!!!!!

sockai
26-12-2005, 05:31 AM
crazy...
yeah i bought my da6 halfcut because my b18a is about to hit 23*,*** km's and it's had a pretty hard life...so rather than finding another b18a to swap with might aswell go all the way with a jdm conversion since it was so cheap. 170ps sounds like fun =P so does the new redline haha

FR33K
26-12-2005, 11:49 AM
this is a "who knows more" competition now ?!
anyway
b16 = more power.. less torque
they kinda cancel eachother out
its harder to get the b16 quick.. depending on the way u drive
it takes more thrashing
whereas the b18 u just step on it and ur away

__arjay__
26-12-2005, 05:23 PM
If it were a competition.. you'd probably take the cake Andrew...

Big ups to your walking g2 dictionary-ness! ROFL!

Cold Fusion
26-12-2005, 07:54 PM
i kno i dont kno alot, thats why i dont talk shit.

and i know my engines done nearly 300, thats why id rebuild it 1st u retard

have a cry bro, no-one cares

and RJ is right, andrew teh g2 dictionary lol

FR33K
26-12-2005, 08:14 PM
i dont know everything !! and im not in the competition !! other 2 are lol
im just commenting on personal experience :)

string
26-12-2005, 08:56 PM
FR33K, more power does not cancel torque out, thats silly.

Less torque will just make it a bit more of a pain driving around town keeping revs relatively low.

When you take out daily driving and introduce a race situation, power is pretty much the only relevant factor.

FR33K
26-12-2005, 10:12 PM
haha i didnt mean it literally... !! thats funny
i meant it in a way that yes the b16 has more power then the b18
but it has less torque therefore its not much faster.. ie yes gettin it off the line is a pain in the ass
whereas the b18.. no matter how u launch it 9/10 ull get the same time..

SKREMN
26-12-2005, 10:23 PM
going off what you say my b20 should launch better then my b18 that had a shit launch

aus91integra
26-12-2005, 10:43 PM
h22 owns all

FR33K
26-12-2005, 11:10 PM
going off what you say my b20 should launch better then my b18 that had a shit launch

well if u think the b18 has a shit launch
drive a b16 lol
obviously the more torque u got the easier to launch

A-man
27-12-2005, 01:12 AM
whao guys

so 4400 for a b18c FITTED is that cheap isnt a vtir a integra????????

aus91integra
27-12-2005, 09:42 AM
its pretty good price..

cheap?? depends on how and what they do. if they change all ya belts, clutch and stuff and fitted its a pretty good deal...

oh by the way.. is that a drive in drive out price?

locote
27-12-2005, 10:39 AM
i belive its a straight swap if its from same place i got a quote.
4400 is a rough figure based on the time they think its gona take if it takes longer or they run into problems itll cost ya more.
and it only includes the motor so nothing else will be changed.
you also wont know how many k's the motor has realy done either as the shop wont tell you if it is a high k motor.
i was gona do a JDM B18c swap for 5500 but not knowing and not given enough info about this motor put me off.
last thing u want is to fork out 4gs for a motor that will not last 100 000 ks.
know what im saying itll prob cost same to rebuild yours but at least you know if u treat it well youll c close to 300 000 ks out of it.
i got quoted 2800 for a B16a swap
3200 for a B18c1 swap
5500 for a B18c swap

im in perth aswell mate.

(ps they werent even gona put a vtec harness for the new ECU they were just gonna run a wire from vtec solinoid to ECU)
i guess its to cut cost

aus91integra
27-12-2005, 11:33 AM
high km motor + straight swapped = not much better then yours already...will cost u alot more in the end..
jdm motor + a lil messing around at home + u putting the extra effort = +hp motor, good job :)

IN73GZ
27-12-2005, 03:16 PM
if your putting a b18c in your da9 i would suggest considering brake upgrades aswell as suspension and various other areas as these will need to be strengthened in order to handle the extra power youve gained

crispy
27-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Suspension may not neccesarily be needed as the b18c wouldnt be all that much heavier than a b18a i wouldnt think. Brakes would be a good choice, some green stuff brake pads and some nice slotted rotors all round would stop ya pretty quick, but the limits are budget, so really anything is acheivable

SKREMN
27-12-2005, 05:36 PM
gotta go bigger breaks i had slotteds and good pads but still didnt pull up
lots more acceleration no more decelleration
i got preude vtir disks, calipers and master cylinder now pulls like nothing else
also the car will go faster so u want it to handle better in corners and so on not like before when it was slower
i noticed my car could handle corners mad and was great with b18a but now since i did the swop i need better set up coz it has more power and now i have to let off around corners

aus91integra
27-12-2005, 05:56 PM
brakes is wat will probably save your life.. so be sure to budget

Cold Fusion
27-12-2005, 11:15 PM
u dont need back brakes, coz u only mainly use the front brakes, so my suggestion would be (if ur looking for a cheaper option) to get very good fronts and alright backs, coz if u dont want to spend all ur budget on just brakes then thats a good option.

IN73GZ
28-12-2005, 09:40 PM
:thumbdwn: yeh nice one cold fusion, just get good front brakes so that your car stops mad at the front and the back ****s up and starts sliding out once all the weight is shifted to the front of the car. oi, u really know what your talking about.
Do u realise youve just recommended to sumone to only upgrade there front brakes which can be not only dangerous but life threatening, which in turn could mean ur responsible for the safety of another person???? Think before u speak dead shit!!!
And Cripsy, i meant you will need suspension upgrades for handling, not becoz of any extra weight :D

__arjay__
28-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Woahh.. you guys gotta really calm down.. Make love not war...

Anywho.. im actually curious why its important to upgrade your rear brakes.. i know your fronts are used to slow you down every day but arent the rear brakes basically only ever used for yur park brake? I personally dont know that much about brakes so if you could educate me that would be good.

Cheerz. LOVE NOT WAR!!!

SKREMN
28-12-2005, 10:23 PM
you need to get an even balancve its about 60% front and 40% back
i have only got stock set up on ym rear and my car pulls up fine hard breaking in corners and havnt nticed anythign but improvments since i did the front end conversion to the bigger ones

A-man
29-12-2005, 02:44 AM
yeh like the other nite in the hills i clipped a roo the back end slid out (i got stock brakes) and it was coz all the weight was at the front and the back was light...

i think thats wot happened thats wot it felt like anyways

im thinkin bout a upgrade on my stoppers... if ur gonna do somethin u may aswell do it all... although it does depend how much u think ur life is worth.

lets just try get along guys hey

majic777
29-12-2005, 09:57 AM
integz your makin yourself look like a moron lol, the main reason people upgrade their front brakes is to reduce brake fade, because even stock brakes if properly maintained will pull you up absolutley perfect when braking hard into the first few turns. when your brakes start to fade, its the fronts (that do 70-80% of the work of slowing you down) that are too hot and that are reducing braking performance, the rears that are doing 20-30% of the work would normally be fine, and would be nowhere near the temperature required to make them fade (unless you've been driving with the handbrake on for half an hour). so upgrading the fronts and leaving the rears stock (maybe replace rear pads with higher performance items) is absolutley great, and not unsafe at all in my opinion. also the harder your brakes are pulling you up, when more weight is being shifted towards the front of the car - onto the front brakes, the rears are doing less braking anyway. I've never had my car on the track, but I've had the brakes so hot that the brake fluid has boiled and the front brake pads have turned white, the rears have had no sign of excessive heat at all.

Cold Fusion
29-12-2005, 01:19 PM
^^^^ Exactly bahahha ur a dumb c*** integz.

you can get DBA cross drilled and slotted for the fronts and use ur stock calipers still but get some high quality brake pads and i reckon youd be good, unless u want to be the ultimate stopper, but IM just taking about for daily driving and im not gonna need to go from 80 to 1 in one second daily heh

Cold Fusion
29-12-2005, 01:21 PM
"im thinkin bout a upgrade on my stoppers... if ur gonna do somethin u may aswell do it all... although it does depend how much u think ur life is worth."

of course i value my life, but i dont think i need to be spending 1000s of dollars on a wikied braking system when really all i need is somehting alternative.

wkdteg
29-12-2005, 02:19 PM
cold fusion... dude u gotta stop hatin.
callin ppl names isnt wat this forum is about. i think if both u and shan have a problem with each other, or ur beliefs in what a car should and shouldnt have are different, please take it to pm, and stop insulting each other on a public forum. as a regular user i dont appreciat loging on to find 2 ppl abusing each other, when infact the topic is about CARS.
either kiss and make up, or take it to pm
cheers :)

crispy
29-12-2005, 04:01 PM
well sad wkdteg, i totally agree with everything said there!

Play nice guys!

IN73GZ
29-12-2005, 04:56 PM
aight, dont comment on wat i have to say cold fusion and i wont comment on ur input

crispy
29-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Well at least we are gettin somewhere! Now i pose a question to all you Da9 freaks out there... would you prefer visual mods or performance? Myself personally, i like a nice mixure of both, you cant have a performance car that doesnt look like one!!

IN73GZ
29-12-2005, 05:29 PM
yeh but i think the LS is the ultimate sleeper, make it look nice, but not overdone, then when u spend money on perfrormance people wont expect it and will be amazed when they see ur car go flying!!!!

crispy
29-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Oh no i do understand that... but i have enhanced the exterior mildly to give it a more Jdm racer look... ie. Ek sides and an accord rear lip, just as freek has done! Im not into body kits, i like to keep things clean and simple

A-man
29-12-2005, 06:49 PM
yeh i just want my car to beat vp commodores wit a exhaust system on it then ill b more then happy

i perfer looks i get heaps in the integra anyways

the stock brakes on the da9 i think work pretty well anyways (is there much mod to put dc2 brakes on there?

SKREMN
29-12-2005, 07:14 PM
man you car should allready be beating bandged up commordores
even newer ones with the 3.8ltr ecotec, mine thrashed them easy with just bolt ons

Mr_will
29-12-2005, 09:31 PM
cold fusion... dude u gotta stop hatin.
callin ppl names isnt wat this forum is about. i think if both u and shan have a problem with each other, or ur beliefs in what a car should and shouldnt have are different, please take it to pm, and stop insulting each other on a public forum. as a regular user i dont appreciat loging on to find 2 ppl abusing each other, when infact the topic is about CARS.
either kiss and make up, or take it to pm
cheers :)

i gotta say i dont know him that well, but i dont think 'hatin' and 'callin ppl names' is really cold fusions thing he seems like a genuinely good guy to me, and i happent to agree with his recommendation with regards to brakes...i know on my car 90% of the braking happens at the front, so having better front brakes makes sense

Cold Fusion
29-12-2005, 10:31 PM
i am a nice guy, ive helped you integz, and once all of a sudden u were a jerk to me, i dont like to take crap, so i gave it back, if ur not mean to me i wont be mean to you, ive been given too much shit in my life and i got sick of it a long time ago.

and i like a mixture of both visual and performance plus audio (or does audio come under visual?) anywhay yeh, i think that u need a good mixture of everyhitng, coz thers no point on having a wicked car if it looks bad, or no point having a insane lookong car if its slow as heh, but yeh a fast clean car would be awesome.

by the way, my cars at the aerchanics at the moment and the guy said my front rotors are wearing down, so he thinks i should look into new brakes, i.e a good excuse to get upgrades, im looking at DBA slotted coz he said i dont need the slotted gold ones coz there mainly for track or somehitng, anywhay there 220 (with discount) each. and then i have to buy some very good quality pads, so im thinking for now, upgrade the front (around 550 maybe) and than later down the track get new rotors for the back, just to be safe/sure

the only thing is im broke and i dont have 550 lol

wkdteg
29-12-2005, 10:56 PM
i think wat attracts many ppl to the DA9 is the shape. so retaining the lines that honda have produced, while adding sum personal touches is my way to go. that being said however, its always good to have the element of surprise up ur sleeve. so i guess both power, and looks should go hand in hand. u dont want a car thats all show and no go, and visa versa.

cold fusion... let us know how the brake upgrade goes

aus91integra
29-12-2005, 11:53 PM
wat majicccccccc said :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

as for exterior and performance.. keep it clean.. a color coded LS on nice wheels (not too low) and probably a simple lip f,s&r .. is the max ext mod IMO ..

as for performance have a long hard think about what you want from your car and the money your putting into it.. the LS is an enthusiasts car now.. so the money you are puting into them.. you will probably never recover... or be able to resell the LS for a decent amount..

ps.. sleeper LS' rock :thumbsup:

FR33K
30-12-2005, 12:53 AM
a color coded LS on nice wheels (not too low) :thumbsup:

the lower the better !! :cool:

__arjay__
30-12-2005, 02:04 AM
wooooooo!

personally ive done mainly exterior mods bcoz the stock look just isnt enough and my car feels more comfortable.. and also seeing soo many pics of the g2 tegs in the US just drives me insane.

ive looked and researched into performance but never really wanted to throw that much money into a car. my gf was mainly the reason which is usually the problem with us guys wen we get into serious relationships.. no more hobbies, its just taking out the mrs every other nite.

But like everyone said.. get a clean nice looking teg, NO KITS, NO DECALS, NO NEONS! and bolt on mods is the way to go, unless your a serious enthusiast.

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR!!! hahahaha! *MWAH*

Cold Fusion
30-12-2005, 01:47 PM
*kisses back* ;)

both my CV boots broke so its at the merchanics now :(, at least thankfully it wasnt my whole CV joint which broke, just the boots :P

SKREMN
30-12-2005, 04:48 PM
what makes the LS look go it dropping it!
looks best with no body kits the ones you see here suck!
stock kit smlammed on its ass

Cold Fusion
30-12-2005, 06:05 PM
the ones you see here suck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/C01d/IMGP0263.jpg

yeh man, look at my big body kits and big chrome wheels yeh man yeh :rolleyes:

|N|
30-12-2005, 06:06 PM
michael shan says ' eleyfing is a circle'

locote
30-12-2005, 07:58 PM
wasnt this thread about GO not SHOW????

ACTI0NMAN-1
30-12-2005, 10:02 PM
What do you believe is a good bang for your buck addition?

IN73GZ
30-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Nick what the hell are u talkin about bro???
and i know this is over but Cold Fusion u have never helped me before, i told u not to comment on me again, SO DONT!!! get the message!!!

deceivin
31-12-2005, 12:33 AM
heres mine..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/deceivin/P1000001.jpg

Cold Fusion
31-12-2005, 01:18 AM
Nick what the hell are u talkin about bro???
and i know this is over but Cold Fusion u have never helped me before, i told u not to comment on me again, SO DONT!!! get the message!!!

1st message
"where u got them from, what the exact model of the rims are and how much they cost
thanks bro
Shannon"

2nd message
"your ride, u can add me on msn if u want
***@hotmail.com
im doin a project LS like urself, im spraying mine WRX black n im looking for sum nice white 5 or 6 spoke rims, n ures look pretty close to wat i want...
then im doin b18c conversion and all dat shit later,
talk to u soon, if not thanx 4 ur help
Shannon"

:confused:

ok then anyway....

wkdteg
31-12-2005, 01:32 AM
shan bro
seriously keep this shit in pm
back 2 the topic... bang for ur buck on a DA9?
any1...

Cold Fusion
31-12-2005, 01:52 AM
take resinator off, anyone in perth want me to i will, its fairly easy to do if u kno what ur doing. if u give me some time i can do it for you ;)

it makes ur car sound wicked and gives the car more air to breathe with. very good IMO :)

wkdteg
31-12-2005, 01:54 AM
can ya do a write up if u got time?
itll help out those of us who dont live in wa
LoL cheers

Cold Fusion
31-12-2005, 02:03 AM
i think i can do that, but theres somethign i did which isnt reccomended and its hard to explain lol but yeh, when i get time, ill go over what i did and make a write up for you :)

wkdteg
31-12-2005, 02:06 AM
cheers
thanx dude
look fwd to seeing it

TRU32U
31-12-2005, 04:53 AM
omg write it upppp i need more power

SKREMN
31-12-2005, 11:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/C01d/IMGP0263.jpg

yeh man, look at my big body kits and big chrome wheels yeh man yeh :rolleyes:
Fisrtly if your going to quote me do not edit my QUOTE
also my referance to cars here suck was a reply to arjays comment on cars and kits in the US compared to AU nothng to do with any members on this forum
I dont like any kits you get here
you allways see that same jetspeed kit getting around

locote
31-12-2005, 02:30 PM
What resonator are we talking bout here?
(air intake)????

SKREMN
31-12-2005, 02:53 PM
the big plastic box under your air filter box, it sits infront of your driver side wheel and behind your bumper

Cold Fusion
31-12-2005, 03:59 PM
sorry skremin, must have mis-read it.

and yeh, that big mofo of a box which does sweet F all. if u take it out u got a lovely little spot for a RAM air intake :)

majic777
01-01-2006, 11:27 AM
yeah i had my intake resonator out for a while... the noise started to annoy me tho lol.. put it back and sounds so much more refined again :) from inside and outside

crispy
01-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Previous owner took the resonator off and i loved the sound, but then i got a pod, sounds much much throatier!! Then got my exhaust and now my car sounds like a jap race car... its pretty cool

SKREMN
02-01-2006, 12:54 PM
taking out the resonator really compliments the exhaust if you have one

If you dont have an exhaust the sound might be a bit overpowering with time thats if you dont like a noisy car

A-man
02-01-2006, 02:17 PM
if u take off the resinator does that mean u loose that saweet whistle noise that my ls has????

if so ill keep mine on LMAO..... i have so many people rekon it sounds like a turbo.. (and u can lead chicks on to believe that its turbo to make u sound cool lol)

ill b lowering mine first then some rims and exhaust....

is a K&N replacement filter worth doin????

crispy
02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
well id say it wouldnt if you just get the k&n panel and still have your stock resonator, because it wont get much air at all that way. Thats just my $0.02

SKREMN
02-01-2006, 09:36 PM
I actually have a K&N pannel left over from my car
PM me if interested
10,000 Kilometers and has been cleaned

the K&N gave my car a loud turbo kinda sound i did it at same time as resonator so dun know how it sounds with
I would beat V8's and then they go well your want to with a TURBO
you will get the same sound but louder with the K&N
Its the same but more air flow therefore more sound

crispy
02-01-2006, 09:54 PM
how on earth can you beat a v8 with an ls.. i cant even come close? My clutch is screwed tho

locote
02-01-2006, 10:06 PM
have you looked at his mods lol!!!
most stock 5lt commos and falcons will do mid high 15s at drags.
the newer 1s are alot quiker, and the newer 6cyls are doin mid high 15s now
i saw a stock standard 2003 magna pull a 14.9 1 night!

IN73GZ
02-01-2006, 10:12 PM
i can take most commos aslong as they arent v8's

locote
02-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Had an encounter with a S/C v6???
i did but i missed 2nd i caught him eventualy but i didnt wanna speed

crispy
03-01-2006, 09:24 AM
i could probably take most commos which arent v8's but my clutch is lettin me down a bit... need an exedy sports organic.

Actually this may be another mod, Clutch would be a good mod as you get a better power delivery to the wheels.

Does anyone here have an exedy sports organic? if so how is it?

wkdteg
03-01-2006, 01:36 PM
yeah, i learned to drive manual in my LS, so it was the 1st car i drove that was manual. i think after drivin a few other manual cars (supra and mx6) after havin driven the LS for a while, i realise theres alot 2 b desired with the DA9s clutch, it just doesnt feel as smooth. good call on the clutch crispy

SKREMN
03-01-2006, 05:21 PM
how on earth can you beat a v8 with an ls.. i cant even come close? My clutch is screwed tho
I can do v6 easy anyday and v8's carbi ones pre 1990 stockies
tricked up V6 VS commordore get it by 1/2 down 400m
thats stock rebuilt motor with bolt ons
I sold it for $300 bucks in the end
I had heavy duty daikin clutch
From old to new clutch it felt so much better no more hard pedel
I have to say the new clutch was the best mod I ever did with that engine/box combo
ohh and dont go a button clutch in an LS it will fall apart and not smooth
In my new motor/box combo I have gone back to single plate exedy heavy duty with nice feel and good grab

Cold Fusion
03-01-2006, 11:07 PM
i got slaughterd by a v6 commie with a few mods today :(

LO_N_SXC
04-01-2006, 09:10 AM
i could probably take most commos which arent v8's but my clutch is lettin me down a bit... need an exedy sports organic.

Actually this may be another mod, Clutch would be a good mod as you get a better power delivery to the wheels.

Does anyone here have an exedy sports organic? if so how is it?
yeah i get what you mean, I have that same problem too, I often have to double clutch just so my box dont crunch and I've been told that its my clutch??? well as from what I can see the clutch pedal is fairly high up and it slips badly when I rev it out past 5000rpm.

but yeah common LS performance, I also chop many V6 Commodores and Falcons, old V8s aint a prob neither oh and I've also kept up with some Silvias, 180s (S13), Skylines e.g. GTST etc I rekon it must be a wheight thing coz when you think about it our cars are pretty light and if you're good with gear changes even better....

IN73GZ
04-01-2006, 09:22 AM
but yeah common LS performance, I also chop many V6 Commodores and Falcons, old V8s aint a prob neither oh and I've also kept up with some Silvias, 180s (S13), Skylines e.g. GTST etc I rekon it must be a wheight thing coz when you think about it our cars are pretty light and if you're good with gear changes even better....[/QUOTE]
:thumbsup:

crispy
04-01-2006, 10:43 AM
hmm... thats another thing, has anyone relised that their clutch pedal is really far out? mine is at the end of the stroke (i think thats what its called), i think i need to adjust it so its at the floor and i dont ride it when i change *Damn long legs*

SKREMN
04-01-2006, 05:16 PM
but if you do it too low it might not engae fully and crunch more!
you want a happy medien

LO_N_SXC
06-01-2006, 08:51 AM
I found this link while checking out www.G2IC.com

Link: http://www.outlawatvclub.com/users/steve/civic/howto/honda_tranny_how_to.html

its got to do with changing the internals of our cable tranny YS1 box with 94+ GSR gearset and OEM LSD, or our equivalent VTiR or Type R integra. the code for that box is S80 which I'm guessing is the Type R box.

real good write up on how to go about changing the gearset and LSD over must read!

thescotty
06-05-2008, 09:36 PM
so is the resinator recomended, it wont **** up anything? also need more information on bang for bucks, i.e how much will some good cheap bolts ons cost that will give some decent power to beat those "commies" as your all raving about? seems to me that everyone keeps getten side tracked lol:P

Mr_will
06-05-2008, 09:56 PM
so is the resinator recomended, it wont **** up anything? also need more information on bang for bucks, i.e how much will some good cheap bolts ons cost that will give some decent power to beat those "commies" as your all raving about? seems to me that everyone keeps getten side tracked lol:P

having the resonator removed wont do any harm.

take the bottom of your air box out too, and cable tie, or tape the filter to the top of the airbox.

having no filter could damage your engine, if dirt/etc gets in.

as far as bang for buck power goes, intake/header/exhaust is your best bet, but the best gains are in suspension IMO.

string
07-05-2008, 12:22 AM
There really are no bang for buck mods for the DA9 chassis, neither engine nor handling. N/A is difficult enough for power let alone having a restrictive non-VTEC head. Handling wise, you won't see anything special short of a few grand. Hate to be negative but it's the truth!

Mr_will
07-05-2008, 12:49 AM
There really are no bang for buck mods for the DA9 chassis, neither engine nor handling. N/A is difficult enough for power let alone having a restrictive non-VTEC head. Handling wise, you won't see anything special short of a few grand. Hate to be negative but it's the truth!

rear sway and good rubber makes a noticeable difference.

all for <1000.

bang for buck doesnt mean it has to be earth-shatteringly awesome, just good value.

Samm928
07-05-2008, 10:07 AM
i had an offer for a vtec b18c vtec conversion in the ls which was gonna cost me $4400 fitted the front cut was off a vtir

wasnt sure if it was good or not... but i been told its not worth doin coz u can get similar power etc from non vtec but i duno how true this is

im not really sure wot a vtec feels, sounds like

vtec virgin HAHA

A-man
08-05-2008, 12:57 AM
im goin turbo option now if u have big enough cams vtec is pointless

ACTI0NMAN-1
08-05-2008, 06:09 PM
I still dont understand how much movement you guys have to require an aftermarket sway.
Taking the car to winton i had no trouble with the stock swaybars. Unless you guys are running soft or non-adjustable shocks.

A-man
08-05-2008, 07:06 PM
i only have stock susie i think its a good setup comparing to other cars...

absolutR
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
autobahn turbo's rofl!
bang for you buck, but bang for 2 weeks only