PDA

View Full Version : what part is this???? crx question

fly_free
19-12-2005, 03:09 PM
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1391/photo00311ge.th.jpg (http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo00311ge.jpg)

i found it today when changing my pod filter to the standard air box......... as you can see its the thing im pointing at, it looks to have a sensor on it, and that black knob thingy turns......... so its an adjustment for something i think. id really like to know what it is cause i turned it :confused: :confused:

also, after removing my pod filter the car doesn't scream (it used to scream when you hit past 5,500rpm)........... i put the standard air box in. is this normal??

sorry guys im a newbie and didnt know who else to ask these questions to!

kayot1k
19-12-2005, 03:18 PM
removing pod filter to stock airbox .
pod filter exposed, stock airbox enclosed.
what seems louder putting ur hand over ur ears or having them away from the ear.

fly_free
19-12-2005, 03:21 PM
uh-huh i kind of getchya................

Limbo
19-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I believe your talking about the air temp sensor. It should be plugged into the box.

fly_free
19-12-2005, 04:01 PM
the part im pointing at is no where near the air box. it sits behind the throttlebody (i think thats wat its called).

and inrelation to the air temp sensor........... theres none around the airbox area

SINISTR
19-12-2005, 04:09 PM
hey Fly,

This is what forum is for :) so its good that ure here asking and learning.

I have a feeling the 'sensor' your talking about is a vacuum related valve for the Aircon system. It regulares the amount of load your engine receives when you hit the A/C button inside the car - and as a result allows the engine to increase its RPM when the compressor is operational - otherwise it would stall.

But I could be wrong - its the shape and the turny nobly thing you point at that gives me that impression.

Anyone else?

ek4-guy
19-12-2005, 04:11 PM
if the same as my b16a2 civic it should be your(evap) evaporative emission purge control solenoid valve the black thing should just be a cap that stop stuff getting in so if you like feel free to keep turnin it ti your hearts content

SINISTR
19-12-2005, 04:22 PM
evaporative purge control selonoid valve = aircon thingo yeah?

ek4-guy
19-12-2005, 04:36 PM
its designed to stop fuel vapor escaping into the air so emission control thingy or for dinosaurs like me pollution gear

ECU-MAN
19-12-2005, 08:53 PM
like EK4-Dude said,

its the EVAP purge solenoid controlled by the ECU. the thing your turning is not an adjustment, just a filter. pull it off and see

fly_free
20-12-2005, 09:02 AM
thanks guys for your help!!!!!

:D :D

MRVTEC
20-12-2005, 05:11 PM
id say wen puting ur air box back on your car first off is gonna go better and not make any sound which mean good and that nob thing could be part of ur air con system or even a tap for ur turbo lol which pple use those kind of things as boost controllers instead of paying like 200buks for a turbo smart or sumfn