PDA

View Full Version : Drive Line - Suspension, Braces, Wheels, Tyres

integra95
20-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey all, :wave:

Just wondering on people opinions on how to make an integra handle better. Im talking about types of suspension and shox, strut braces, sway bars, wheels and tyres.

Whats good and not good? Whats good for the money? What brands are good and bad?
Just a general chit chat on drive line performance!!!!! :D

It'd be interesting to see what sort of set ups people have on their cars to handle those tight corners at high speeds without body roll, under stear and etc.

Cheers kids

doriemon
21-12-2005, 10:42 AM
1st of all, which teg have u got? each model will need different set ups
from your acc name, i guess it would be a dc2?

but generally, coilovers, better brakes, light weight wheels and a good set of tyres will improve alot already and u can take corners a lot quicker

generally i think dc2 doesnt understeer that much compare to civc, as i can feel the teg wants to go a bit over so it evens out the under, can anyone confirm that?

may not answer your question but hope it helps

correct me if i am wrong, i would like to learn more

vtml
21-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Start with good tyres first, then work your way up.

type one
21-12-2005, 01:00 PM
do a search. plenty of banter on brands etc.

When u say handle better, where is it handling? road or track?
Whiteline as a general brand is a good start - the higher end jap stuff is expensive and while we have ALL been there most of us probably wouldn't know the difference...

Paul1985
21-12-2005, 01:05 PM
you could update with a rear DC2R sway bar, get a c-pillar bar and front upper strut bar.

Definately a good set of coilovers and lightweight wheels.

Im doing up an EG and the suspension mods im going with are:
-ITR Sway bars (Front + Rear)
-ITR LCA's
-ASR Reinforcement (for use with the rear sway bar)
-Cusco Zero 2 coilovers
-C-Pillar bar
-Carbing 3-point brace
-Do-Luck Room bar
-Full-Race Traction Bar

type one
21-12-2005, 01:06 PM
sounds pretty hardcore paul... but you will have a conrering monster...

don't forget the reinforcements required to run the thicker swaybars... Whiteline supplies them.

vtml
21-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Paul, that is way too hardcore, unless the car is for track.

Paul1985
21-12-2005, 01:57 PM
well if mines to hardcore lol..
just get:
-spings + shocks combo (maybe something like koni + spoon)
-rear sway bar
-and some lightweight wheels + rubber

Tony
21-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Start with better tyres, then suspension, then sway bars, then other reinforcement bars. Tyres will be your most effective mod.

Domokun SPL
22-12-2005, 06:33 PM
This might help, this is the order that i would/did do things (Not on ITR, but as a guide)

Lightweight wheels and good sticky tyres - Reduce rotational mass and improve braking/turning/handling in general
Front Strut bar - Will cause a car to understeer a bit more and improve turn in (which causes the understeer)
Rear strut bar - Will help overall stiffen the car and keep the back end "tucked in"
Swaybars - Again, just balance the car, reduce roll and help the car "point" in a direction better around a corner
Stiffer Shock/Spring set up - Again, improve handling in general by reducing roll and help tyre-road contact
Castor bushes/adjustments - Castor helps the "feel" of the steering wheel. Very helpful to perfect technique
Camber/Subframe bushes - Improve contact area with the tyres and the ground
Rear Cross Brace (not sure for Honda) - Additional chassis stiffness in the middle of the car (front seatbelt anchor points)
Ditch Strut braces/Cross brace, get roll cage - :)

Handling can get expensive.

Snoop_gee
27-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Handling can be expensive and i finally come to a point where apart from bushes.
I got all the bars and braces needed.

It just so happens someone had said its bad to go bigger swaybar up front for a front wheel drive.
They have said the rear should be upgraded but no real mention on the front...
why is this?
and if i upgrade the front am i doing a bad thing?

MIKO_OL
27-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Handling can be expensive and i finally come to a point where apart from bushes.

It just so happens someone had said its bad to go bigger swaybar up front for a front wheel drive.
why is this?

your about 7 years too late man. think he got the handling :S

Vvvtec
27-06-2012, 11:02 PM
hey guys I want to improve the handling in my Integra, any opinions?

mocchi
27-06-2012, 11:08 PM

why is this?

bigger fsb more weight transfer to rear, bcos fwd handuh you want more weight transfer to front
so bigger rsb.

inb4broscience
inb4m8...
inb4googlemotherfcukerdoyouuseit
inb4watgetfkdetc

Snoop_gee
28-06-2012, 07:56 AM
your about 7 years too late man. think he got the handling :S

im talkin about my own setup Miko not the OP's.

gbpracing
28-06-2012, 12:52 PM
hey guys I want to improve the handling in my Integra, any opinions?

For road or track ?
Is it lowered at the moment ?

DreadAngel
28-06-2012, 06:40 PM

why is this?

In general, FWD cars have understeer, comes setup like that from factory and inherited somewhat by design too. A bigger swaybar in the rear helps minimise it however its silly just to do the rear and not upgrade the front "accordingly". If the rear sway bar balances with the stock front factory one then its ok.

It depends a lot on your driving... Some people can go faster and harder with an understeer bias setup, I know a few guys that can really push the car hard with a understeer bias car. Majority though prefer to dial out the understeer in their FF making it more neutral so rear swaybar goes in first.

r3ckless
28-06-2012, 08:51 PM
i can't really see the point of upgrading to a thicker FSB if you do the RSB with the intent of overcomming the understeer issues in FF. I mean its simple, you install thicker RSB to help understeer problems, but u match with a FSB, that problem is still there... thats the way I see it.

In my dc5, I run 24mm whiteline rear sway bar, and ep3r front sway bar to clear my toda header. if it wasnt for the aftermarket header, I'd still keep stock. Also in my experiences I felt no difference with strut braces on/off