PDA

View Full Version : Type R CD Stacker Help

djvin
21-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Hey Guys,

Everythings been going along quite well with my new ride (DC2R), 21 days and counting!

However, this morning the 6 CD Stacker in the boot fails to read CDs. Its a stock stacker and stock headunit.

Basically, I can't get the stacker control to work at all no matter how many times I hit the CD button on the head unit.

I ejected the actual CD carriage and loaded it back in and the stacker loads then unloads each of the CD's in the carriage. I don't think thats how it normally operates?!?!? :confused:

The car is a 2000 DC2R with 65K on the clock, so maybe the CD player in the stacker might be dirty?!? Does anyone know how to clean it? Is it possible?!?!

There's still the used car warranty on it too (I'm in WA) not sure if this can be a warranty claim?

All the CDs in the carriage are CDRs from, uhh, backups that I've made of originals that i own... ;)

Thanks Guys!

Vtir_Kid
21-12-2005, 12:05 PM
just try the warranty 1st and see if it works, if it does then you dont need to stress

Bluish
21-12-2005, 12:29 PM
what types of cd you playing, original cd/cd-r/cd-rw? i know some original HU/stacker cant play cd-r or cd-rw. First ask about the warranty, if not covered, get some professional to check it if you can load each cd from the carriage it means the HU and stacker both working. Worse come to worse, just replace the stacker, it wont cost you much these days.

Yes, you can by some cd player cleaning kit from most shop such as strathfield or jb.

djvin
21-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Cheers guys,
Will try the warranty first!

bluish: I'm playing CDRs, I haven't tried Ori CDs yet. The thing is, they've been playing for the time that I've had the car so far, so I can't see why they would just stop playing now?!?!

Yup the stacker loads the CDs no problem, so not a mechanical issue.

Thanks Guys!

djvin
21-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Ok This is most bizarre!

Got into my car for a drive at lunch time right, and guess what... The stacker seems to be operational now...

I hate random problems, now obviously if I take it back for warranty they aren't exactly going to take it apart and have a good look at the problem...

Anyone suspect anything that maybe I could check?

Thanks Guys!