PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust suggestions for '94 VTi-R

dc2vtir
21-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Hey im looking for an exhaust, mainly for performance wise and
ive been recommended to use the apex N1, i wonder if this is a good
exhaust and what is the price for it. If you suggest otherwise please say so.
thanks

locote
21-12-2005, 03:49 PM
thats easy dude.
most ppl get 2.25' or 2.5'
dont go smaller or bigger if ur planning on staying N/A

spoondc2
21-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Just wondering are you looking for branded one or custom made?

But anyway, i would recommend a 2.5 inch piping on exhaust manifold, 2.5 inch cat, 2.25 inch mid-pipe with 2.5 inch muffler

typsy
21-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Just wondering are you looking for branded one or custom made?

But anyway, i would recommend a 2.5 inch piping on exhaust manifold, 2.5 inch cat, 2.25 inch mid-pipe with 2.5 inch muffler

Why would you want to get a 2.25" mid-pipe, when the rest of the system is 2.5".That would disturb the flow.

If you dont mind the noise then any straight through cat-back exhaust will net you similar power gains.

fabz
21-12-2005, 09:15 PM
spoondc2 Just wondering are you looking for branded one or custom made?
Whats better option, i know branded would be more expensive but performance wise?

ginganggooly
21-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Hey im looking for an exhaust, mainly for performance wise and
ive been recommended to use the apex N1, i wonder if this is a good
exhaust and what is the price for it. If you suggest otherwise please say so.
thanks

i went for a custom 2.5" into a 2.5" xforce twin loop- and am quite happy with it... but perhaps you'll like this: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33049
it's not cheap, but very high quality...

oh yeah, i probably should mention that i've tried stock, 2.25" system into a cannon, 2.25" system into a type-r rear muffler, 2.5" into a cannon and 2.5" into a twin loop. I actually enjoyed the 2.5" cannon the most as it sounded the best/most race car-ish.
*and yes, before people start bleating about 2.25" systems yielding better results, i actually had dyno sheets showing my car making more power from 4krpm to cut-out with a 2.5" system. :p

spoondc2
21-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Why would you want to get a 2.25" mid-pipe, when the rest of the system is 2.5".That would disturb the flow.

If you dont mind the noise then any straight through cat-back exhaust will net you similar power gains.

Just to leave some more back pressures instead of pushing all the torque into high end power

For me, i look for torque more than top end power for NA

spoondc2
21-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Whats better option, i know branded would be more expensive but performance wise?

Hmm.... they have similar gains i think if you didn't get really crap ones but you will have better resale value if you get branded ones