PDA

View Full Version : damaged spoon pistons

bradb16a
22-12-2005, 08:31 AM
I just rebuilt my engine about 1 month ago with some spoon pistons. I was having a bit of fun and revved my engine to about 10500rpm and by engine **** it self. I pull it apart again to find that I have damaged number 2 piston on the top. I marked the top with the valve i think, can I still use it or can I get it fixed.....
The marks are on not on the dome of the pistons the on the flat bit please help thanks

DynoDave
22-12-2005, 08:36 AM
I just rebuilt my engine about 1 month ago with some spoon pistons and I having a bit of fun and revved my car a bit to much to about 10500rpm and by engine **** it self I pull it apart again to fined that I have damaged number 2 piston on the top. I marked the top with the valve i think, can I still use it or can I get it fixed..... :confused:
The marks are on not on the dome of the pistons the on the flat bit please help thanks
Just e-mail me some pic's of the pistons crown and I will have a look at the damage.There is more to it than just the piston damage if you turned it that hard.
Regards Dyno Dave

[[d a n n y]]
22-12-2005, 09:06 AM
I just rebuilt my engine about 1 month ago with some spoon pistons and I having a bit of fun and revved my car a bit to much to about 10500rpm and by engine **** it self I pull it apart again to fined that I have damaged number 2 piston on the top. I marked the top with the valve i think, can I still use it or can I get it fixed..... :confused:

fark yous got shocking engrish gramma

bradb16a
22-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Smoke a poll

SKREMN
22-12-2005, 06:38 PM
is the head totally fine?
valve not bent?
need to see pics of piston
i did this to my engine at 9k rpm with CTR pistons
smashed the piston into bits

VT3C
22-12-2005, 06:54 PM
ouchy !!

I'd be concerned with the Rods and the crank.. that's if there's nothing wrong with the Head itself..

bradb16a
23-12-2005, 08:13 AM
head fine but a bent valve...
i put the stock pistons back in all is fine.
i will send a pic tonight computer issues

00dc2
05-01-2006, 01:15 AM
what springs were you using when you did this?

Slow96GSR
05-01-2006, 04:05 AM
ouchy !!

I'd be concerned with the Rods and the crank.. that's if there's nothing wrong with the Head itself..

Hell with the rods and crank.... they are strong enough for having a little nick on the piston.. worry about the valves and valvetrane. The piston top can be fixed unless a chunk was taken out, then worry about the bottom end. Just have it remilled and then the others balanced to that one piston.

Riceboy
11-01-2006, 05:05 PM
I would replace the piston it may have a hairline crack.
As this could shatter and stuff up the block and crank.