PDA

View Full Version : Toda Quad Intake

Vtir_Kid
22-12-2005, 09:49 AM
ANYONE HAD TODA QUAD THROTTLE BODY INSTALLED ON THERE B18C? im considering getting these in the next few weeks but ive heard you will get about 3-4kw out of it, which is low considering you need to spend $2500 for the intake system.. can anyone help?

is it really worth it?

my engine is stock at the moment. i will be getting headers 4-1, the quad intake, ecu, flyhweel and some other little mods.

EGB16A
22-12-2005, 09:54 AM
ANYONE HAD TODA QUAD THROTTLE BODY INSTALLED ON THERE B18C? im considering getting these in the next few weeks but ive heard you will get about 3-4kw out of it, which is low considering you need to spend $2500 for the intake system.. can anyone help?

is it really worth it?

my engine is stock at the moment. i will be getting headers 4-1, the quad intake, ecu, flyhweel and some other little mods.

don't get them if your only doing afew little mods, put $2500 towards headwork, cams etc

[JDM_DC2]
22-12-2005, 09:58 AM
I would not buy ITB's if my engine were stock and with thos "little" mods ... and if they give you abt that much gains it would be cheaper just to get an Injen CAI they give about the same amount of kw's
anyways you also would rather do internal work done before you get ITB's..;)

Vtir_Kid
22-12-2005, 09:59 AM
don't get them if your only doing afew little mods, put $2500 towards headwork, cams etc

thats what my friend is saying, 'get skunk2 type r replica' instead.

i want about 125kw atw. i have a b18c2 stocky at the moment and has been looked after very well and never pushed around. full service history, so engine condition is good.

so you think, ecu, lightnend flyhweel, type r intake, headers & catback, with little headwork eg: more agrressive cams, can do this?

i dont want to waste money on a quad throttle if its not worth it...

EGB16A
22-12-2005, 09:59 AM
']I would not buy ITB's if my engine were stock ... and if they give you abt that much gains it would be cheaper just to get an Injen CAI they give about the same amount of kw's
anyways wouldnt you need internal work done before you get ITB's?

Do you need to? NO
should you? YES

Vtir_Kid
22-12-2005, 10:00 AM
']I would not buy ITB's if my engine were stock and with thos "little" mods ... and if they give you abt that much gains it would be cheaper just to get an Injen CAI they give about the same amount of kw's
anyways you also would rather do internal work done before you get ITB's..;)

i dont know, do you need internal work for quads?? ... ill try to find out..

EGB16A
22-12-2005, 10:09 AM
thats what my friend is saying, 'get skunk2 type r replica' instead.

i want about 125kw atw. i have a b18c2 stocky at the moment and has been looked after very well and never pushed around. full service history, so engine condition is good.

so you think, ecu, lightnend flyhweel, type r intake, headers & catback, with little headwork eg: more agrressive cams, can do this?

i dont want to waste money on a quad throttle if its not worth it...

Skunk 2 intake manifold is a better option IMO... I'm not sure about a power figure, but with the right parts and right tuning, you should come close

Vtir_Kid
22-12-2005, 10:17 AM
is there any other intake you guys can reccomend for best power gains vs money spent?

EGB16A
22-12-2005, 10:22 AM
is there any other intake you guys can reccomend for best power gains vs money spent?

from memory there was one by AEBS wich was supposed to be ok, but skunk 2 intake manifold have a good reputation...

upgrade this last.... I/H/E should come first, change clutch and lightened flywheel, then cams/head work etc..... THEN intake manifold

that would be my order of preference anyhow :D

edit: forgot about the ecu.... i'd be putting this when cams were put in
again, thats my 2c

ekslut
22-12-2005, 10:27 AM
SEARCH

this has been covered many times.
It will give you heaps more midrange but not much more top end