PDA

View Full Version : More power for my civic type r?

gatecrasher
25-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Does anyone have suggestions for upgrades? AT the moment i've got pod air filter, extractor and exhaust mods. What else could i do for a CTR, spending less than $3k. I was thinking about changing the ECU but i'm not sure if its worth it? What kind of upgrades do people do with their integra type r's?

[[d a n n y]]
25-03-2004, 07:38 AM
k...u GOT CTR WOW~~ :D

well u can get cam gears head, gasket, cams,ETC ETC

though geting a ECU does increase the power but

it's better to get a Tuneable ECU if ur doing engine mods as u can retune ur ecu to extract more power

LatinoHatchCrap
25-03-2004, 07:59 AM
tuning :thumbsup: talk to james or dynodave about Hondata

BlitZ
12-04-2004, 11:20 PM
hows your exhuast...
Alot of people with ITR have lost power after getting an exahsut .. even brand named stuff....... apparently u need like other stuff to compensate for the change..(ie. cam gears and tuning)

LatinoHatchCrap
12-04-2004, 11:29 PM
back from the dead
Once you +/- the a/f the balance of the car changes and it doesnt work as efficiently. You need an ECU which is able to be tuned to take advantage of these changes. Trust me invest in tuning and you wont look back.

Joe (who loves his Hondata)

fried
14-04-2004, 06:59 PM
wow! howd u get ur hands on a ctr?

when? how much? from where?

oh.. and seeing as its an already well tuned car.... i dont think its wise to skimp on dodgy mods... ;) my quick 2cents.

fried
14-04-2004, 07:00 PM
wow! howd u get ur hands on a ctr?

when? how much? from where?

oh.. and seeing as its an already well tuned car.... i dont think its wise to skimp on dodgy mods... ;) my quick 2cents.

DynoDave
14-04-2004, 09:36 PM
James will be in Sydney with me for the next 4 days if you would like to meet up with us and talk Hondata please feel free to contact me and arrange a meeting 0423 155 954.To supply and install and tune a hondata ECU will cost you alot less than $3000.
Regards Dyno Dave

SIKCVC
14-04-2004, 10:27 PM
HOlly crap genuine CTR... How much dude... pics :D Oh and what the other boys sayd do head work. cams cam gears tuning.

UR2L8
14-04-2004, 10:32 PM
gatecrasher: it really depends on how much power your talking about. If its just a bit then you have already done what you can do to a 1.6, I mean there is much more potential for you in a CTR to get a 1.8 stroker kit. But as you say you got 3k to spend to im not too sure.
Was it a diff when you changed from stock to what you have now? (exhaust, intake and header)

Civic Type R
14-04-2004, 11:21 PM
well i know hes got a genuine EK9 ctr steering wheel :)

2ds
15-04-2004, 02:03 AM
i'd persopnally upgrade the springs and retainers and put a new ecu in and get it to rev out to 9.5k =D

-2ds

UR2L8
15-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Springs and retainers wont do anything. If your going to replaice the springs and retainers then you should change the cams, otherwise there is no point because you have wasted money opening up the engine for hardly anything. Valve springes are used to cope with certain (more agresive) cams along with the retainers.

DR HONDA
15-04-2004, 01:34 PM
unfortunetely there isnt much you can do with the type r engine as it is tuned at the factory for maximum output and you would be waisting your money where you could be concentrating on other areas. :!:

SIKCVC
15-04-2004, 03:44 PM
how much does the CTR put out?

2ds
15-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Springs and retainers wont do anything. If your going to replaice the springs and retainers then you should change the cams, otherwise there is no point because you have wasted money opening up the engine for hardly anything. Valve springes are used to cope with certain (more agresive) cams along with the retainers.

more agressive cams and ? .............

-2ds

ArSe
22-04-2004, 05:20 PM
let me see....

there are many options you can do to upgrade for more power.... but you only have a budget of $3k... hmmmm.... the best option for that price is to get a new ECU like ive told you b4. coz that only cost about $1k and it will surely boost ur car upto a point and you can enjoy that extra power for a bit ..... maybe you then can keep up heheh!!!

ciao bro!
ArSe