PDA

View Full Version : rekonmendation? (i can't spell)

dimsum
23-12-2005, 03:31 AM
yeh, i cant spell to save my life

anyways

i really don't have any idea about sound system so i dont' know what to look for when i go shopping plus i dont' want to be ripped off.

i already have a sony h/u (which i'll replace with pioneer dvd player when i have the money. i want that vdp too) and a rf p2 12" punch sub.

all i need now is front comps, rear speakers, amp, sub box & cables/wiring

remeber seeing these questions from fhrx:

1. What is your maximum budget?
2. What do you listen too?
3. How loud do you listen too it?
4. How much bass do you like?
5. Do you ever carry people in the back?
6. Do you require boot space?

1. max budget inc install about $1000 (maybe abit more)
2. I listen to RnB/Rap. Abit of dance stuff. i listen to a fair bit of radio as well
3. I do like it loud but not earsplitting loud. Like to turn it up to cheese off my friends some times =P
4. S*** LOADS
5. Yes, i take loads of passengers.
6. Yes, also need the sub to be removable (if possible & cost effective)

seems abit impossible eh?

Bluish
23-12-2005, 08:07 AM
yeh, i cant spell to save my life

anyways

i really don't have any idea about sound system so i dont' know what to look for when i go shopping plus i dont' want to be ripped off.

i already have a sony h/u (which i'll replace with pioneer dvd player when i have the money. i want that vdp too) and a rf p2 12" punch sub.

all i need now is front comps, rear speakers, amp, sub box & cables/wiring

remeber seeing these questions from fhrx:

1. What is your maximum budget?
2. What do you listen too?
3. How loud do you listen too it?
4. How much bass do you like?
5. Do you ever carry people in the back?
6. Do you require boot space?

1. max budget inc install about $1000 (maybe abit more)
2. I listen to RnB/Rap. Abit of dance stuff. i listen to a fair bit of radio as well
3. I do like it loud but not earsplitting loud. Like to turn it up to cheese off my friends some times =P
4. S*** LOADS
5. Yes, i take loads of passengers.
6. Yes, also need the sub to be removable (if possible & cost effective)

seems abit impossible eh?

$1000 sounds abit tight on budget, but if you want to buy second hand stuff you still be able to make yourself a decent setup. you need S.H.I.T. loads of bass i think you prefer a SPL system to a SQ system which will give u what u want.

SUB: single 12" sub and enclosed in a ported box. Ported box = produce long and vibrating bass which is good for rnb/rap.
Sealed box = produce tight and punchy bass which is good for trance/dance.
cost = $150 for box.

Front Component: Pioneer, VDO Dayton, JL entry level. for front comp you need to listen to as many sets as possible and let your ears judge what they like, everyone's taste will be different depending on type of music they like too.
cost = $250

4 channel Amp: Cadence Q4000, Coustic, Fusion, bridge the rear 2 channel to power your sub and front for your splits, there should give you some decent sound and enough power on tap.
Cost = $400

Cable+Installation: $200

All up = $1000 and this should be able to impress you i think.

My advise is if you going to replace your HU with a pioneer dvd player, you will need to upgrade this sytem again, why not save more money now and buy a better SQ/SPL system in the future, buy once buy right. :thumbsup: :D

VTECACCORD
23-12-2005, 08:08 AM
If you have 1000 to spend, cal FHRX up and go see him, he will tailor a package to your listening desires.

Im sure others will chime in here, he has the best prices and best advice, and great service.

After you have done that, go back to school finish grade 11 and 12, so that you can at least spell.

revNhevN
23-12-2005, 11:32 AM
if ur on a budget. ebay is good. i got my deck and amp off ebay.
got a great deal on the coustic amp as it came with 4ga cable and rca's aswell.
if your budget is really tight the response amps are good value.

Q_ball
23-12-2005, 11:35 AM
ROFL@rekonmendation

its recommendation la :p

btw, 1K aint enough to do wat ur tastes want, new n e ways
just the cost of amps would spin u out lol
u willing to buy some 2nd hand??

DJIntegr8
24-12-2005, 01:06 AM
Highly recommend the Response amp if you're on a tight budget :). I picked mine up for $180 (if you buy 2 or more), $200 if just one. It has high pass and low pass filters on all channels, and has a remote. I haven't had any experience with other amps so I can't be of much help in the higher-end products.

I also picked up a 10" Phoenix Gold Sub for $180 and built the box myself for about $40 (wood, screws + glue). By building the box you can customise it to fit however you want; mine uses a minimal amount of boot space, but its still removable :thumbsup:

I don't have splits currently in my car, running JL coaxials at the moment, but I have also heard the JL splits which go for about $250 in a mates car, and they sound quite good. In my opinion you don't need new rear speakers (I never sit in the back :D), but you could just pick up some coaxials for about $100-$150 for a nice upgrade.

However, as said before, if you are going to upgrade again in the future, maybe just spend more money on certain components, such as an amp to power your sub and front speakers, then upgrade the fronts later. Possibly an Alpine V12 amp for around $600 or something like that?

dimsum
24-12-2005, 03:04 AM
thanks for the quick responses. and yes, i can't spell

i don't mind upgrading my system bit by bit but i don't know how/what to upgrade first.
i would really like to get my sub in cause speaker bass just doesn't cut it.

edit: second hand is fine, as long as its in good nick.

Bluish
25-12-2005, 08:38 AM
For me, i will buy a set of decent front components and a 2 or 4 channel amp with the $1000. Maybe $500 for amp and $500 for splits:

Splits: Morel, Hertz K6L, Focal 165V2/Slim, Diamond Audio M661, Eaton Pro 160, Boston Acoustic SL60
Amp: Audison SRx4, Boston Acoustic GT20, JL Audio Digital Design C1, Phoenix Gold Octane R5.0.

if you can buy amp +speakers for less than $1000, i reckon you spend the rest on sound deadening coz it improves your midbass by heaps. anyway, good luck