PDA

View Full Version : Kuhmo Vs Toyo Semi Slicks

Vtir_Kid
23-12-2005, 02:22 PM
hey guys, im buying rims soon and im getting semi slicks on them. however, i want to see if anyone has kuhmo semi slicks? caz they only supply kuhmo semi slicks, should i just buy the rims and get toyo semi's somewhere else?

i heard toyo was good... not sure about kuhmo, what you guys think? ;)

ill be using for drag use, track use and road use.

incoming
23-12-2005, 02:55 PM
i've used falken azenis RT215 on street (and wet hehe) and im impressed.. but they more high performance street tyres then semi's

atm im using toyo r881's on track (dont make these anymore AFAIK) and they held up very well!... i definately wana try the new toyo semis

EG5
23-12-2005, 03:46 PM
r881 is discontinue

r888 is the replacement for r881.

Please pm me if you are from sydney for toyo semis prices.

EG5
24-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Just for additional info , R881 Toyo was used for Mitsubishi Mirage Cup Race series few years ago .

i-VTECd
28-12-2005, 02:49 AM
i use the kuhmo estra on my current car right now and it is very impressive on dry.

Domokun SPL
28-12-2005, 08:16 PM
I dont think there will be much difference between semi slicks in the dry as long as they are the same compound. The difference will be in the wet/damp, where you really wont know until you try them yourself.

What do you want to use the semi slicks for? I dont suggest you use them on the road as in australia they wear out pretty quick on the road, and when you are burning $10 of tyre every 100km just doing normal granny driving, that just isnt fun.

Doesnt seem to be any issues with kuhmos