PDA

View Full Version : Q. for those with 94-97 accords with subs

Rico
23-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Just wondering for those who own 5 generations who also have subs in the car if they experience Hektik rattling when their subs are pumpin? I have two 12" subs in the back of my accord and when I put it over anything over 15% of the power it rattles the **** out of the boot. I got out and noticed the whole back of the car shaking crazy. Anyone got any ideas on how to approach this?
I stuffed the boot with foam in some areas, put some behind the liscence plate, but still shakes like a ghetto booty on the dance floor. Is there professional places that do this? How much would I be looking to get this professionally done?

TATTATATAT = TA :thumbsup:

Xplodin
23-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Hey Mate,

Yeah i've got a MTX Audio 12" Sub going and i get about as much rattle as a rattle snake can get. Its Crazy and i know i get laughed at but hey its wat sounds good inside not out side. Stoopid ppl..... Would be intresting how to get rid of this problem.

filoaccord
23-12-2005, 05:27 PM
hey,
ive seen people use fibre glass where the holes are in the boot and cover it up. it stops the rattle sound

EuroDude
23-12-2005, 05:36 PM
I used some of that sound deadener mat stuff on the bottom of the parcel tray, it seemed to help lessen the vibration.

Cant remember what the stuff is called, but basically they come in 40cmx40cm squares with one side sticky black tar stuff, the other side thick alluminium foil. You need to use a hair dryer to apply it. Got mine from Strathfield car radios or Jaycar.

h22a jdm
23-12-2005, 05:40 PM
does urs vibrate al the way to the front windows

EuroDude
23-12-2005, 08:45 PM
In my car, various bits vibrate all over the car. Ive got an Adire Shiva 12" by the way (loves to move alot of air).

From what I remember, rattling parts are:

Rear parcel tray
Number plate (rear), silenced by a piece of foam.
Left front door frame - the door handle mechanism I think.
The cup holders, especially when holding a can.
Something in the right middle pillar.
...and probably dropped screws fallen under the rear seat and in the spare wheel area.

h22a accord
24-12-2005, 11:47 AM
dyna mat is the shizzet, plaster it everywhere in the boot! Thats what i did and my rattles are 90% gone.

i have a 12" pumpin out 129.6db

Rico
24-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Whats dyna mat? Can I get it at like autobahn or something?
I just went to a carpark last night with some mates to check the problem, from a distance, the rattling is louder than the bass! I also found out when I press down on the area where the back antenna is, alot of the rattling dissapears, so maybe I'll remove the antenna or something...anyone got a DIY?

Rico
24-12-2005, 12:01 PM
does urs vibrate al the way to the front windows
Yeah it vibrates the whole car i cant even look at any of the mirrors but the rattling noise comes from the boot and its just disgusting

BiLL|z0r
24-12-2005, 12:08 PM
You basically gotta put sound deadner anywhere and everywhere you can. In my previous car (lancer) I had foam shoved in the space at the rear of the boot lid (the bit that faces backwards where ya key goes in), double sided tape wedged in the rear wing stop light, sound deadner behind the number plate, under the boot lid, under the parcel tray (between the carpet top and metal frame) and in the floor of the boot. That got rid of 95% of the vibrations and kept my sub noise in the car so others couldn't hear it as much (especially the cops).

h22a accord
24-12-2005, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Rico]Whats dyna mat? Can I get it at like autobahn or something?
QUOTE]

I have only seen it at quality install shops...

check this out and get some...it will solve alot of your problems..its good stuff but very expensive- try appx $50 for 2 30x30cm sheets

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=115+400319+309821&autoview=sku

EuroDude
24-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Jaycar and Strathfield sell Dyna Mat (or similar)

Rico
26-12-2005, 02:03 PM
shit thats a bit expensive eh? Ok, so I guess Im gonna buy this, how much do you reckon I'll need and where to begin with it. Should I take off all the trim in the boot and place it all along there and the chasis and put it in the doors aswell?
Just need to know before I do something stupid, ta!

edit:
I might ebay it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dynamat-Xtreme-Trunk-Kit-Sound-Damping-Harder-BASS_W0QQitemZ5825152782QQcategoryZ102568QQssPageN ameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this a good price and would this be effecient enough to cover the boot or would I have to buy more? The doors dont really rattle, so its only the boot that I'm trying to fix.

EuroDude
26-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Jaycar and Strathfield sell Dyna Mat (or similar)

... "Brown Bread" to be exact.

smoknhothonda
26-12-2005, 03:45 PM
The cheapest way to get out of this is by purchasing a 2L tin of sound deadner at super cheap auto, and painting the inside of your spare wheel well, and the inside of your drivers side rear guard panel.

The downside with the tar based sound deadner is it requires a few thick coats, and takes a few months to set nice and hard, but it still effective!

In my car, I removed the rear number plate surround, and glued it back in with epoxy resin, so there was absolutely no give in it after the resin had set, and just put sum foam behind the number plates.

MRH-22A
27-12-2005, 12:21 AM
yeh mine rattles like a mutha f*****...

how much is that 2L tin of sound deadener?

toE
27-12-2005, 11:10 AM
I sound deadened my boot floor with the liquid sound deadener (can't remember brand of it) and extra sound deadener mats around the wheel well.

Then I used Flashtac (available at your local hardware store) under the boot and over the parcel shelf, then covered with vinyl.
And finally deadened - with Flashtac as well - behind the rego.

Didn't stop the rattling completely, but I'd guesstimate about 80% of it.

I ran a 15" Orion sub outputting about 500W. So..you work out the 80% rattling :D

Dynamat, Brownbread, etc. are great stuff. but if you're on a budget, Flashtac will do the job ;)

smoknhothonda
27-12-2005, 11:45 AM
yeh mine rattles like a mutha f*****...

how much is that 2L tin of sound deadener?

Its about $15-20

94_Accord
28-12-2005, 02:19 AM
yea dude, i got the same problem with mine, i got 2x12s in the back and the boot vibrates like crazy, now it may be that im runnin heapz of treble but from inside the car the vibration is blocked out, but outside it sounds quite depressing.. lol

i think its something with all cars but, some jst vibrate more den others..

But on the plus side, at least u no ur bass is putting out.. LOL

smoknhothonda
28-12-2005, 09:02 AM
yea dude, i got the same problem with mine, i got 2x12s in the back and the boot vibrates like crazy, now it may be that im runnin heapz of treble but from inside the car the vibration is blocked out, but outside it sounds quite depressing.. lol

But on the plus side, at least u no ur bass is putting out.. LOL

This is bass lost mate, when your car rattles like a mutha.

If you sound deaden your car, there will be slightly more bass and higher SPL's to achieve.

Thats the main reason you sound deaden body panels, especially so in the front stage.

MRH-22A
30-12-2005, 10:39 PM
will sound deadening stop sounds from being heard on the outside of the car?

smoknhothonda
31-12-2005, 01:12 PM
will sound deadening stop sounds from being heard on the outside of the car?

Haha dont worry mate, your car will still sound fully sick from the outside cruisn down the road with the bass pumpn, I presume thats why you asked? :)

MRH-22A
01-01-2006, 04:42 AM
lolz... exactly.

happy new year~!