PDA

View Full Version : Speed Humps

h22a jdm
25-12-2005, 10:09 PM
how do you get over a speed hump hump without scrathing anything?

SKREMN
25-12-2005, 10:42 PM
try and avoid them or get air bag
the only thing you can do is approce then slowly and on an angel to soften the blow

Cold Fusion
25-12-2005, 10:43 PM
one wheel at a time and VERY SLOWELY

my car scrapes on everything, its funny :P my cat converyer was like, arch, now its flat on the bottom and all scratched up, coz thats the lowest part fo the car.

siir
25-12-2005, 10:45 PM
go on an angle - drive slowly (1 st front wheel go on hump, before it goes down the hump, turn the opposite until the front 2nd wheel go up) then the back whell will follow...(u should try to be in straight position once the frontpass the hump) but u gotta go slowly bro..... also depends how low is ur car...

if the wheel is under the fender.. then u will hit most of the time... but wont be as bad as going straight for the hump... ... - usually this will keep the headers or cat from scratching.. and the muffler..go slow u b fine....hope that helps.

too low = too much hassle :P

Cold Fusion
25-12-2005, 10:47 PM
too low = cool lookin ;)

traNce_gl
25-12-2005, 11:16 PM
w0g roll it hahahaha

Yeh but what they all said angle it,I hate he speed hums that have 2 humps and there a split in the middle

And the square metal speed humps

SKREMN
25-12-2005, 11:30 PM
if there is a split in the middel thats the best
my lowest point is the middel to i drive stright over it and exhaust misses it all
lowest point on my car is 6cm's up the front so b4 the wheel hits the hump the car does

iamhappy46
26-12-2005, 02:01 PM
I try and get the left hand wheels on a flat surface to the left of the speed hump, then let the right hand side "lift" the car over the hump. Driveways are the worst though.

If that is not possible, use the angle technique mentioned previously.

civicCXI
26-12-2005, 03:09 PM
So if you want to lower ur car, what's the perfect height that is low enough yet high enough to overcome most of speed humps here in oz both on street or in parking building etc etc

mj3610
26-12-2005, 03:40 PM
for civic without a bodykit a 2" drop is perfect.

FR33K
26-12-2005, 04:37 PM
raise your car or buy a 4WD

SKREMN
26-12-2005, 10:30 PM
10cm's of the ground should do ya

xplod_accord
26-12-2005, 10:48 PM
scraping your car makes u look cool tho :P

Domokun SPL
27-12-2005, 04:38 PM
My methods

- Diagonally, wheel at a time.
- Another road
- (If in crap car) Fast, it actually does work for potholes and stuff :P

redliner
27-12-2005, 07:23 PM
S turns

kwiksilver
27-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Do what the above recommends, that or hire a bulldozer :thumbsup:

phantom_civic
27-12-2005, 07:47 PM
scraping your car makes u look cool tho :P

yup especially when theres chicks lookn at it.

:thumbsup:

civicCXI
28-12-2005, 02:40 PM
yup especially when theres chicks lookn at it.

:thumbsup:

and you got ur exhaust polished at the same time

DOCH16
28-12-2005, 03:14 PM
hardcore angle, but remember that when the wheels r turned the nose dips down a little so u gotta have them straight after ur on the hump
dont u hate it when ur tryin to take a speed hump and other dickheads try to over take u. happen to me every time im at chaddy

phantom_civic
28-12-2005, 03:19 PM
hardcore angle, but remember that when the wheels r turned the nose dips down a little so u gotta have them straight after ur on the hump
dont u hate it when ur tryin to take a speed hump and other dickheads try to over take u. happen to me every time im at chaddy

Thats so TRUE!!!
Or they either piss u off by beeping the horn constantly..
no patience these pplz

Miss Chanel
28-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Guys, I tried the angle thing today going over a big hump.. but i almost crashed into a car comming in the opposite direction...

I can do it comming out of a driveway and stuff.. but just never with humps.. esp the metal ones in carparks.

And i want to lower my car even more as well.. :(

blu3illusion84
28-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Guys, I tried the angle thing today going over a big hump.. but i almost crashed into a car comming in the opposite direction...

I can do it comming out of a driveway and stuff.. but just never with humps.. esp the metal ones in carparks.

remove ur bodykits mag.. and get bigger rims & dump it

Miss Chanel
28-12-2005, 06:34 PM
remove ur bodykits mag.. and get bigger rims & dump it
Awwww.... :( But i love the pointy front lip (scrapes so badly though).. i am saving up for 17", dont u worry ;)..

Domokun SPL
28-12-2005, 08:23 PM
Use bigger rims to compensate for not lowering the car

Dont forget to recalibrate your speedo if you change your wheels circumference

Pogi
29-12-2005, 11:12 AM
like the others said..angle your entry into the hump and do it very slowly, one wheel at a time...

but you can be like me and juss go 60 over them :p its very fun

vtc
29-12-2005, 11:54 AM
straight over any angle, any speed.. Good old stock height! hehe

dynasty
29-12-2005, 12:42 PM
ever tried to just go fast over it? with stock suspension and aftermarket springs of course, works quite well, my friend went over speed humps at 70km/hr and didnt srape anything, but dun take my word for it, i take no responsibility for broken kits :)
to be safe, that angled thing works but like miss chanel said, u either go into the on coming traffic or piss off the 10 other cars that are lined up after u, hahaha

Domokun SPL
29-12-2005, 07:40 PM
dynasty, exactly like i said, take it quick. If your suspensions rooted anyway and the lowest part of your car is not lower then the top of the speed hump youll be right :)

h22a jdm
29-12-2005, 07:44 PM

never happened to me

siir
29-12-2005, 09:10 PM

dude you either dont go to that road or take your time on the bump.. let the other car pass u first and when empty then take your time. when ur used to it,.. u will feel how the car should go :)

-MuGen PoWer-
29-12-2005, 09:18 PM
any1 had any experiences with the speed hump at the main entrance on Mounties club at Mt. Prichard??
Biggest speed hump i ever seen. Ridiculous

phantom_civic
29-12-2005, 10:08 PM
any1 had any experiences with the speed hump at the main entrance on Mounties club at Mt. Prichard??

yup
went in there once without scraping,
but when exiting... i caused a que.

maxtron
29-12-2005, 10:09 PM
what happen if its a steep drive way and going out front first?
at springy

going straight out: noise got stuck and had to reverse
going on an angle: got stuck and one of the front wheel was just hanging there
had a look at the kit afterward, scartch :( but no crack :)

end up trying to find another way out

joyride
30-12-2005, 09:42 AM
yeah those speed humps are crazy...

czy_sol87
31-12-2005, 06:58 PM
what happen if its a steep drive way and going out front first?
at springy

going straight out: noise got stuck and had to reverse
going on an angle: got stuck and one of the front wheel was just hanging there
had a look at the kit afterward, scartch :( but no crack :)

end up trying to find another way out

try taking it on an angle very slowly but like i said before, once you have an angle turn the wheel back straight, or back out of the driveway. usually the rear is higher than the front so sracping is not an issue, but u still need to angle it otherwise u'll scrape the front

shurman
02-01-2006, 05:58 AM
i think sleding should be a new olympic sport... 2.5" drop with 19's is great... only scraps on the big bugger speed humps with the flat top... only prob is that im resting on bump stops the whole way round so no speeding and no sharp corners... looks damn fine tho... :D

MADGIC
15-01-2006, 11:22 AM
airborn it

mrwillz
15-01-2006, 06:52 PM
wot if u were at a park where they haf those retracking spikes, u wudnt wana go to slowww over it