PDA

View Full Version : Im blowing black smoke. Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Lil_BraT
28-12-2005, 03:51 AM
Hey watsup everyone.

Yeah i recently noticed that im blowing black smoke and its sorta painted my rear bumper just above my exhaust.

I think my fuel consumption has messed up a bit as well, im getting about 200km on half tank. Also when im driving and i go to change gear it sorta sounds like my car back fires a little bit, not a massive bang or anything, but its a noticeable noise that comes out of my exhaust.

All the mods i got so far are just a full exhaust system and muffler.

A friend of mine mentioned that it could be my spark plugs, and another mention it could be the injectors. Hehe personally im not sure whats wrong, but the black smoke painting my bump ain't cool...

Thanks to anyone that can give me some advice.
Cheers, Lucky. :D

incoming
28-12-2005, 05:01 AM
im no mechanic but it sounds like it might be running rich..

Lil_BraT
28-12-2005, 05:18 AM
haha im a complete newb... so you're going to have to explain to me what 'running rich' means. :p sorry...

madgrk
28-12-2005, 07:43 AM
haha im a complete newb... so you're going to have to explain to me what 'running rich' means. :p sorry...

Too much fuel, not enough air.

ek4-guy
28-12-2005, 08:52 AM
it could be running rich cause the timming is out a motor will splatter or back fire when the timming is out often it will back fire or keep running for second after turning it off

Lil_BraT
28-12-2005, 06:38 PM
oh okay... yeah sorry i also forgot to mention that i have a K&N filter with custon piping n stuff... sooo i would of thought theres would be enough air intake.

JasonGilholme
28-12-2005, 07:19 PM
your air filter won't be the problem man. your computer controls how much fuel gets thrown in so check your sensors and all your hoses and connections. maybe somethings come loose and the computer thinks its puttin the right amount of fuel in when its not.

hope that helps.

Limbo
28-12-2005, 07:51 PM
change the plugs and also check to see if the o2 sensor is plugged back in when they did the exhaust.

iamhappy46
28-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Is there any warning lights flashing?? That prob means that you have an error code recorded on your ECU. Plenty of instructions here on how to extract the codes and what the codes mean.

If the ECU seems happy, I would say spark plugs, fuel pressure regulator or possibly the distributor.

ctr kid
29-12-2005, 05:12 PM
mayb map sensor or idle control valve not closing complete after engine is warm!

ECU-MAN
29-12-2005, 07:59 PM
your o2 sensor could be lazy

siir
29-12-2005, 08:59 PM
its normal for an old car to blow smoke when u turn on the car and when u give it... also another reason is that.. your exhaust collects all the excess of carbon which is black, and when u drive hard the excess comes out aldo it happens when you first turn the car on... but if on idle you're blowing smoke..then u got problems bro :)
btw most mildly or street mods will cause the car to blow blackish smoke when u give it.. according to modified books and some magazines also my mechanics :)
gd luck man

Lil_BraT
31-12-2005, 06:27 AM
Alrite thanx everyone for the help... im gonna get the spark plugs changed and check the o2 sensors n stuff. Hopefully my exhaust will stop paintin my bumper.

Cheers! :wave: