PDA

View Full Version : coilover setup....

.::F[L]Y::.
28-12-2005, 05:13 PM
just a question for those who have coilovers on their s2000's. Recently installed some coilovers for the S and just curious for tracking what damper setup do you guys use? for example stiff for rear and soft for front?
I know its a matter of experimenting but jus need some direction :)

Cheers:thumbsup:

Vtir_Kid
28-12-2005, 05:26 PM
depends what you use if for drags? or track? or everyday use.

|N|
28-12-2005, 05:31 PM
its for rally use

Chi
28-12-2005, 05:44 PM
its for rally use

s2king
28-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Depends on what coilovers you got?

28-12-2005, 06:39 PM
s2king- they are D2 racing coilovers.

well i would like to know for both track and street use. :)

wynode
28-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Probably should mention which track also as the track surface has a lot to do with the setting chosen :)

aka_NSX
29-12-2005, 08:04 AM
usually the recommended setting is the one for your normal or street use, then if you want to go for track you should just go 1-2 round around the track then judge it from there, as wynode said every track got different surface . . .

29-12-2005, 11:56 AM
trackwise i would be reffering to wakefield.

and since the s2k is a rwd car some people have mentioned that the rear should be put on a softer setting to the front to maximise stability and grip?

steve
29-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey john man,

Saw this tread jus after watchin the latest hot version dvd, which has afew s2000's a rx8, dc5r, euro r, 180sx and a fc3s all in a touge battle

Anyway, i noticed that both s2k's( including the amuse touge monster) were running softer settings at the rear, something like 10kg/mm front to 8kg/mm rear.

I kno that a jap touge battle is along way from wakefield park, however from my understanding wakefield is pretty bumpy, so, like touge, rear end grip means fast times.

Any way champ hope this helps:thumbsup:

aka_NSX
29-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Anyway, i noticed that both s2k's( including the amuse touge monster) were running softer settings at the rear, something like 10kg/mm front to 8kg/mm rear.

i thought he asking for a damper setting not a spring rate setting and the one u refer to is for spring rate setting and to change a spring rate setting is not as easy as changing the damper setting...............

spoondc2
29-12-2005, 04:22 PM
It's not really about the spring rate, it's about how good the damper absorb the bumps, for me i would try F10 R10 for mild setup, and i will make the rear rebound rate softer since that S2K's rear are very sensitive. Well at the end it's all depends your personal taste and how you step on the brakes and throttle

And also it's not necessary to have stiff spring rate on S2k or you'll lose the characterics of it's handling

steve
29-12-2005, 06:33 PM
i thought he asking for a damper setting not a spring rate setting and the one u refer to is for spring rate setting and to change a spring rate setting is not as easy as changing the damper setting...............

true that is spring rate, however it shows that these machines were setup softer at the rear, which points john in the right direction...

29-12-2005, 09:59 PM
steve-thanks for the tips champ =)

i have always liked the BMI togue monster amuse s2k and the setup it has adopted. I wanted to purchase the bilstein PSS9's similar to the sussy setup that the amuse s2k was running but the D2's came in at a really good price.