PDA

View Full Version : Nos + High Boost ?!?

Sexc86
29-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Hey Guys,
Running a high boost setup on a completely built D-16sohc non tec, would running a shot (if any) be dangerous under full load / Full boost conditions? if so what would be a good amount to run combined with say 15 - 20psi from a GT30r? and how would the best way to run it be? Wet , dry or both? also nos before boost, or with boost or all the way through rev range ?? etc etc

what protects against the harmfull effects of nos? is it just useing it in the correct way? have a good tune or haveing a engine built with forged and high flowed components?

Maybe you guys give me some insight and opinions.

jimmeh
29-12-2005, 11:58 AM
PM dynodave!!!

ProECU
29-12-2005, 10:08 PM
NOS is not only a catalyst to combustion, it is a cooling agent too.

In terms of internal strength, its not NOS or any other catalyst/fuel which will cause them to fail, its the amount of horsepower & detonation in the mix which will cause damage.
I'd say a 100 shot would be interesting on a fully built motor such as yours.

Personally, i'd plumb it into each intake runner and run it wet.

Sexc86
05-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Bump Bump

Slow96GSR
05-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Nitrous is fun to use if you tune/install it right. Also wouldn't hurt to coat everything, Pistons, Valves, combustion chamber intake and exhaust ports. Did it on mine and I'm not planning on running nitrous but I could. Check here (http://www.calicocoatings.com) for coating info. Prices are very good and well worth it. The motor will last quite a bit longer.

Sexc86
05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Would you run nos on full boost or comeing on boost? How much is calico Coating? Can it be done in australia?