PDA

View Full Version : hey, amber engine check light

zoopsta
01-04-2004, 01:30 AM
Hello guys, ive been having this problem for sometime

A mechanic says somethings up with the dizzy?
Also someone suggested resetting the ecu, how is this done?

Nothing's wrong with the car when starting and the car does not stall at all.

Its a 94 EG civic gli sedan.

The light is there all the time, plz help me out

Thanks

poid
01-04-2004, 11:15 AM
have you pulled the code to see what the error is?

There is a little connector thingy under the glovebox which you jump using a paperclip/anything that will fit and that makes the check engine light flash. Long flashes mean 10, short flashes mean 1 (ie so 2 long flashes followed by a short one means code 21, you can then look that up to see what it relates to)

SIKCVC
02-04-2004, 12:10 AM
someone post a pic of what to look for because its an arse to find first time round.

For refrance, its on the left side next to the left kick pannel near your front left speaker. you need to pull the carpet back and hunt around for a lose cable, my clip was green but then again my cars got auto climate control and i doubt any ausy specs have that :p

zoopsta
02-04-2004, 05:06 PM
hey

i know where the clip thing is

but theres 2, haha, whats the other one? (its got 3 spaces, rather than 2)..

I tested with a jumper and i got 8 short flashes = code 8

Whats that?

zoopsta
02-04-2004, 05:25 PM
ok i found out code 8 is

top dead centre sensor (TDC)

How can i fix this?
And what's wrong exactly?

ATSE
03-04-2004, 11:21 AM
might have to replace the distributor... as the tdc sensor is in it....

take it to a pro just to make sure...

Caster®
03-04-2004, 12:16 PM
someone post a pic of what to look for because its an arse to find first time round.

For refrance, its on the left side next to the left kick pannel near your front left speaker. you need to pull the carpet back and hunt around for a lose cable, my clip was green but then again my cars got auto climate control and i doubt any ausy specs have that :p

Mines green and it's a local delivery Si (obviously without auto climate control)

zoopsta
03-04-2004, 12:36 PM
a honda mechanic screwed off the distributor and saw it was perfectly clean and everything...it looked like nothing at all was wrong with it...

maybe something is just up with the sensor?