PDA

View Full Version : SRS Light

chop_sticks
29-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi fellas today i was driving and i parked my car, after comming back to the car i turn it on and the srs light is on. Out of nowhere it just decides to come on. Should i try disconnecting the battery to reset the ecu??

Thanks for any help

wynode
29-12-2005, 06:38 PM
I have updated the thread title for you to something more appropriate.

ECU-MAN
29-12-2005, 07:56 PM
and which one of your many cars did this happen to

disconnecting the battery does not reset the SRS ecu
it has non volitile memory

.::F[L]Y::.
29-12-2005, 09:56 PM
i have the same problem for my s2k. You can try and reset the ecu or take it back to honda for them to put it on their computer but that might not be the solution. you could have snapped the fuse like cable in the steering wheel which connects both the horn and SRS. If your horn still works then it means you could jus bring it back to honda to reset the ecu or run a search on s2ki.com which shows you how to do it. But if ur horn doesnt work then im guessin you have the same problem as me. honda sells the part for about 600 dollars.

geo41e
29-12-2005, 10:13 PM
what car and year model
lots of the K series engine/model cars have this problem
usually coz u leave like a bag or a small child on the passenger seat, studding up the sensor on the seat.

All we do at Honda is check for codes, jot them down, and reset the ECM/PCM.

if the problem comes again, (if under warrenty) we would replace the srs control unit as lots of oddysess come in for that.

hope that helps

Geoff

panda[cRx]
03-01-2006, 12:26 AM
what car and year model
lots of the K series engine/model cars have this problem
usually coz u leave like a bag or a small child on the passenger seat, studding up the sensor on the seat.

All we do at Honda is check for codes, jot them down, and reset the ECM/PCM.

if the problem comes again, (if under warrenty) we would replace the srs control unit as lots of oddysess come in for that.

hope that helps

Geoff

looks like we have someone else working in a honda service dept :p

was about to suggest the same thing

VTECfreak
03-02-2006, 07:59 AM
I have the same problem with my DC5R....i don't really mind having that SRS light contunuously on as i'm used to it now. But my question is will my airbags work if i have an accident??

03-02-2006, 08:38 AM
probably not....

speedracr
03-02-2006, 03:08 PM
A dealer or good Honda mechanic will be able to pull the code to find out what the problem is. Happened on my S2K, and I had the codes cleared by Indy. After that, the problem never recurred.

03-02-2006, 03:48 PM
A dealer or good Honda mechanic will be able to pull the code to find out what the problem is. Happened on my S2K, and I had the codes cleared by Indy. After that, the problem never recurred.

Did ur horn still work even though the SRS light appeared?

ECU-MAN
03-02-2006, 08:42 PM
if the light is on . SRS wont work

VTECfreak
13-02-2006, 09:04 AM
I Just got mine fixed last Friday! Took it back to the dealership and they replaced the air bag controller module. Told me it cost $700 ...lucky it was covered under warranty.

geo41e
07-03-2006, 05:54 PM
lol panda
l'm slave labourer atm!