PDA

View Full Version : My05

m4rtin
31-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Can anyone explain to a pom what the MY05 type suffix means.
I'm guessing Manufacture Year or Model Year.

Also, when will the next year's one be available? Will it be days, weeks, months?

I'm looking to buy a new Jazz pretty soon and need to know as much as possible before being eaten alive by Aussie car dealers.
The budget is tight so I want a good deal on the Vti to bring it close to the RRP for the Gli or just a good deal on the Gli. I want auto and air-con too.

From reading this forum it seems like the good negotiators are saving between 1 to 2k from the 'drive-away' list prices and getting a few accessories.

If I buy now should I get an even better deal as it'll be 06 and the stock is 05?

Also, is the difference between the 1.3 and 1.5 very noticeable? And if so, when? (overtaking, pulling away from lights??)

Any advice appreciated.

miss_vtec
31-12-2005, 11:36 AM
You might be able to get a good price while dealerships are attempting to clear out all '05 stock. Another good idea is to look at demo vehicles as you can sometimes score a great bargain on a near-new car. Can't say I have ever driven a GLi, so I can't help you out there sorry. Are you looking to buy manual or auto (CVT)? I have a VTi in auto for sale hehe...

miss_vtec
31-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Whoops... just re-read your post, you did mention that you are after auto :o

m4rtin
31-12-2005, 05:56 PM
No worries, all sorted.
Ordered one today.
Used some of the advice from various threads on here to get a decent discount plus free 5 yr warranty, tints and mats.

TGZ-Jay
31-12-2005, 06:30 PM
m4rtin: congratz dude! hope you can come to some sydney jazz meet yeah? for details check our www.ausfit.com. laters dude!

m4rtin
01-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Thanks TGZ, although I went the budget route and ended up getting the GLi Auto, not sure too many people go to meets with entry-level stock models eh?
Will check out the forum though, cheers!