PDA

View Full Version : VTEC controller installation

-MuGen PoWer-
01-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Hi my frend in his 96 teg vtir bought a vtec controller (apexi VAFC) but we have been trying to look for a good place that will isntall vtec controllers and can also tune them. Some places say they useless and some say that if they tuned correctly the car will fly any opinions??

thanx

madgrk
01-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Fly? VAFC will adjust some air/fuel ratios etc, but cant do much more than that. Since your friend already bought one, message BLKCRX on here and he will tell you the shop that he recommends to tune cars with Hondata ECU's :)

But seriously, dont expect much of a gain off it..

Jus-10
01-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Maybe try BD4s?

I seem to remember someone with a DC2 ITR that got it done there....

A'PEXi
01-04-2004, 07:14 PM
bd4's is in sydney??

TODA AU
01-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Drop into ADVAN where I work... (Approx $140 to install)
If you want it dyno tuned you'll have to book though...
Dyno tune - approx $350
Don't expect anything massive in the power department....
If you've got a better fuel pump & an adjustable fuel pressure regulator that'll help get more out of it...
Remember wth these things you've gotta back tune it...
To be honest they're not my favorites in any way but they can be made to work on B-series engines...
Increase the fuel pressure & flow...
Retard the base ignition timing...
Then start pulling fuel out accross the rev range / maps etc...
The results are ok...
But not amazing...

EuroAccord13
01-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Get someone who has it installed and borrow their settings for your pre tune.. that should save you some $$$

CHEERS

EK_coupe
03-04-2004, 11:27 PM
i got mine tuned at ADVAN as well, seems to be alright. did not get it dyno tunes though coz not really worth it in my opinion

VTEC16
04-04-2004, 02:32 AM
i got mine tuned at ADVAN as well, seems to be alright. did not get it dyno tunes though coz not really worth it in my opinion

Did they tune it on the road?....or were they praying for the settings?

EK_coupe
04-04-2004, 10:08 PM
they tuned it in the shop and also on the road to give me the best settings.

incoming
04-04-2004, 11:30 PM
whats the VAFC do besides adjust the a/f ratio? or is that it?
also where do u plug it in? straight to the ecu?

VTEC16
05-04-2004, 02:27 AM
whats the VAFC do besides adjust the a/f ratio? or is that it?
also where do u plug it in? straight to the ecu?

It adjusts the VTEC crossover points (low->hi and hi->low) and can add/reduce the amount of fuel that goes into your engine by means of 'sensor bending', at both full and part throttles.

Its not just a matter of plugging it into your ECU...you have to either splice the wires or get an appropriate wiring harness thingy...