PDA

View Full Version : typeR exhaust help DC2

rocca
01-04-2004, 02:14 PM
I currently live in Sydney, Northern Beaches. I own a Honda Integra TypeR DC2. Year 2000.
I am interested in the Spoon N1 Exhaust. I would like to know where I can get this exhaust and also fitted to my car?
If there is anyone that might suggest a better Cat Back Exhaust, for this model TypeR please specify.
Please help!!
Thank-you
Joe

Jim80y
01-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Spoon N1 is axle back only, the only difference you will notice is noise (but it's a nice noise). If you don't mind noise, go Buddy Club Spec 3. But be warned its very loud (much much louder than Spoon N1), I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over by the cops when I had it. Power wise I don't think there is anything bar a straight pipe that can match it for top end power gain. I kinda miss the noise it made, VTEC through tunnels was AWESOME.

However now I'm about to try something quiet, just have to wait for it to arrive. If you are after performance but don't want too much noise, try Fujitsubo exhausts (Power getter, RM01A, Legalis R).

NB if you do go for a japanese cat back you will need a custom shorter cat; AUSDM stock is about 17" long IIRC and you will need a cat about 12" long.

BlakTegra
02-04-2004, 02:37 PM
If you are after performance but don't want too much noise, try Fujitsubo exhausts (Power getter, RM01A, Legalis R).

How much are are they fitted?

Jim80y
02-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Damn expensive lol.

For installation you will need a high flow cat, so add $300-$350 on top of the exhaust price. Power Getter can be found for around $900-$1050, RM01A $1150-$1350. Legalis R I'm not sure of the price. If you don't have a good header already I would suggest a good header first.

mpd076-chuck
02-04-2004, 03:35 PM
If you are after performance but don't want too much noise, try Fujitsubo exhausts (Power getter, RM01A, Legalis R).

How much are are they fitted?

I agree Fujitsubo are tops. Good quality, power and deep sound that's not so piercing like an N1.

However, the DC2R already has a good exhaust, to improve it:
1. Replace the section between extractors and cat as this is a bottleneck.
2. Lengthen this section and replace 17" cat with 12" hi-flow cat.
3. Replace bottleneck that connects b-pipe after resonator
4. Replace rear muffler with a higher flowing muffler.

All that should cost half of a new exhaust and flow almost as well while still being quiet, depending on your choice of axel back.

The first three steps have been done on my car and it really makes a difference.

Weq
02-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Ever thought of a non-name brand exhaust? Go over to liverpool exhaust, im sure they can make up something compareable for u. Catback will net u no real-world power gains anyways, so invest in a muffler or something if u just want noise.

IntegriliciouS
02-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Got my Fujitsubo Power Getter Catback system today!!
Its awesome! not too loud and perfect base!
Screams at a beautiful pitch in VTEC!!
Awesome Mid to High Range exhaust

Reccomened Buy!!

BlakTegra
03-04-2004, 09:58 AM

Reccomened Buy!!

What car? So according to your post, it sounds like the Fujitsubo sounds awesome :)
What about performance? Can you 'feel' the difference?

euGeR
05-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey IntegriliciouS :)

How does the Power getter look on the car?
Just asking because the tip looks alot longer than all the othe models...

post a pic if ya can!!

IntegriliciouS
08-04-2004, 02:33 AM

Reccomened Buy!!

What car? So according to your post, it sounds like the Fujitsubo sounds awesome :)
What about performance? Can you 'feel' the difference?

My cars a DC2R!
You gain about 15kw, and you can feel the diffrence in torque!
Its got a low pitch at low rpms and high pitch at high rpm

IntegriliciouS
08-04-2004, 02:35 AM
Hey IntegriliciouS :)

How does the Power getter look on the car?
Just asking because the tip looks alot longer than all the othe models...

post a pic if ya can!!

The power getter looks good on the DC2R
It does stick out a lil and will on all DC2 models, but it doesnt stick out pass the bumper, its probably even on the side angle to the bumper!

I aint got a digicam but ill try borrow my mates and post some pics up for you guys!

olda
18-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Damn expensive lol.

For installation you will need a high flow cat, so add $300-$350 on top of the exhaust price. Power Getter can be found for around $900-$1050, RM01A $1150-$1350. Legalis R I'm not sure of the price. If you don't have a good header already I would suggest a good header first.

Fujitsubo catbacks for DC2R - 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" ??????????????????????
Or do they come in both sizes??????????????/

mo
18-05-2004, 09:40 PM
They are 60mm in diameter I think.

euGeR
18-05-2004, 10:14 PM
fujitsubo's are 2 1/2 inches which I believe is 60.5mm

man.. who's gonna hurry up and load up a sound clip of the power getter on a DC2R?
bastids.... ;)

SiR
18-05-2004, 10:17 PM

Reccomened Buy!!

Nice choice of exhaust mate!

I know you're in Melbourne, but would you know of any places in Sydney where I can buy one plus fitment?

tofu R
18-05-2004, 11:04 PM
hey there SiR
im in sydney
i got a powergetter not long ago as well for my dc2r ..

the sound is quite good ..
u can get from a few sources..
pm me where u live
and ill direct ya ..

tofu R
18-05-2004, 11:05 PM
JIM80Y my evil twin.. always copying my mods .. bitch
haha

i concurr with everything he says .. just in a different way ..

SiR
18-05-2004, 11:06 PM
hey there SiR
im in sydney
i got a powergetter not long ago as well for my dc2r ..

the sound is quite good ..
u can get from a few sources..
pm me where u live
and ill direct ya ..

Have PM'd you.

Cheers mate!

Jim80y
19-05-2004, 12:30 AM
JIM80Y my evil twin.. always copying my mods .. bitch
haha

i concurr with everything he says .. just in a different way ..

LOL RM01A/Power Getter Same sh*t! :D

On a more serious note from the vids I have seen I think the Power Getter sounds much sweeter than the RM01A.

SiR
19-05-2004, 12:37 AM
:D

Yeah, what is the main diff. between the Power Getter and the RM-01A anyway?

ATSE
19-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Power Getter is for high end performance and is a tad louder

RM01A is more for middle band performance and is a bit quieter

Legalis R is a sports muffler for low-middle band performance and is very quiet

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/mc-prod/

Click on the real audio icon to hear the exahusts on different types of cars... enjoy :)

SiR
19-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Sweet!

tofu R
19-05-2004, 09:55 AM
LOL RM01A/Power Getter Same sh*t! :D

On a more serious note from the vids I have seen I think the Power Getter sounds much sweeter than the RM01A.

hahaha we'll have to see about that in person some day john .. =)
wonder if some cosmic rip in time will happen if our cars meet ..
after all they are evil twins
haha

TYPE-R617
03-10-2005, 11:14 AM

Reccomened Buy!!

just wondering where u purchased ur catback from and how much and where did u get it fitted?

Jomsy
03-10-2005, 03:30 PM
if your interested in the spoon n1 the full cat back system is between $1300~1700, depends on were you get it, id recommend JDMconcept in the trader section he got my one for me, as for fitting you can just about do it your self in about 30mins with some simple tools

one important thing is that with all the japanese systems you need a jap cat so add a few dollars more for one.

TYPE-R617
03-10-2005, 03:37 PM
if your interested in the spoon n1 the full cat back system is between $1300~1700, depends on were you get it, id recommend JDMconcept in the trader section he got my one for me, as for fitting you can just about do it your self in about 30mins with some simple tools

one important thing is that with all the japanese systems you need a jap cat so add a few dollars more for one.

i wanted to know the price of the fujitsubo cat back system

LAGOOT
03-10-2005, 08:18 PM
i wanted to know the price of the fujitsubo cat back system
i think he answered your question already mate :rolleyes:
he said he got his from JDMconcept in the traders section.
shoot him a PM dude :thumbsup:

TYPE-R617
04-10-2005, 09:09 AM
i think he answered your question already mate :rolleyes:
he said he got his from JDMconcept in the traders section.
shoot him a PM dude :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

TYPE-R617
04-10-2005, 09:30 AM
just pm jdmconcept and there not bringing them in anymore, can anyone help me on where to get these catback, in melbourne prefebably.

locote
04-10-2005, 09:39 AM
dam you should be able to find a shop that sells them in melb,theres heap of shops here in perth, i thought ppl in the eastern states were spoilt when it came to finding performance honda parts at a good price

OZ#227
04-10-2005, 08:02 PM
The bigest problem we seem to have is....

1) The stock system is pretty good start with, but it's bloodly heavy.
So you'll have to be prepared to spend some big bucks. Or chances are you might go backwards in performance.
2) The best systems for our cars, come from the land of the rising sun. But these parts are different lenghts than ours, don't just bolt-up. (Excluding Alxe back) and changing the Alxe-back, only changes the sound.

My tip is save yourself all the dramas. Get a complete system together. Change out the lot, keep your old system (Helps with any trouble from Cops or RTA).

JDM Header is longer, JDM CAT is shorter, JDM B-Pipe is longer (Just, I think). Axle-backs are the same lenght.

My setup:-
Toda Header (Thankx Adrian), JDM Cat (Thankx Z10), Vision Cat Back (Thankx Leo, JDM Concepts).

locote
04-10-2005, 08:23 PM
most jap systems are 60mm in diametre madrel, right?
i think goin to a bigger diameter on a N/A setup is overkill and u can wave good bye to some precious wich your small displacement motor lacks.
well thats my experience
i went 2.5inch and my Hp number has gone up to 120fwhp but my torque is quite low,
i think a cheap 2inch system would have done a better job!!!
im goin FI soon so it dont matter but if i wasnt id be goin 2 or maybe the highest 2.25 mandrel:)

OZ#227
04-10-2005, 09:04 PM
The JDM system are bigger Vision system is 62mm, but that might be the O/D. Probably 60mm I/D. But the power/torque mostly comes from the right headers. The Toda headers change O/Ds all over the lenghts.

I'll take you for a ride..... You'll see it's better all over the rev range from OEM. But as for Cheaper vs JDM. I'll just say it's hit or miss...
JDM goodness = Good Power Upgrade. Fully tested by people with more money & time than me.

joeylee
06-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Fujitsubo RM01A = $1250 dleivered I think. Ask Yonas at JDM Yard in the "Parts for sale section". He can get them.

I was gonna get the rm01 but I ended up getting the buddyclub spec 4.

Much quieter than the spec 3. Only loud when givin it. Meanz it can be loud as hell when you want it to be and as quiet as the stock system when you want. Got mine from Yonas, JDM Yard. Bloody good system.

r|Ce_bOi
06-10-2005, 04:16 PM
I was gonna get the rm01 but I ended up getting the buddyclub spec 4.

Much quieter than the spec 3. Only loud when givin it. Meanz it can be loud as hell when you want it to be and as quiet as the stock system when you want. Got mine from Yonas, JDM Yard. Bloody good system.

i was quite interested in getting this zorst at the time but ended up taking the Mugen TL instead.

can you tell me how well the BC4 improved over the oem zorst in terms of performance?

aussiemale
13-02-2009, 07:16 PM
what about 5 zigen pro a spec ?

Moey.C
12-04-2009, 01:57 AM
where can i get a buddy club spec 3 from?? but including everything (jap cat and this rear axle things i need 2 change)

coz i think buddy club spec 3 is from japan?

mlc
12-04-2009, 09:13 AM
if your looking at fujitsubo exhausts, if you want an exhaust that sounds almost stock and you're not too worried about performance then by all means get one.
I've got a powergetter and I didn't even notice any gains, plus I couldn't even hear the damn thing. It's way too quiet for my liking.

mlc
12-04-2009, 09:18 AM
where can i get a buddy club spec 3 from?? but including everything (jap cat and this rear axle things i need 2 change)

coz i think buddy club spec 3 is from japan?

Give AAI motorsports a call, if they don't have any in stock they can import it for you.

VTECMACHINE
12-04-2009, 12:38 PM
I used to have a Spoon N1 exhaust on my DC2R. I miss it sooo much.

Spoon N1 is NOT just the Axel back. You can get the N1 B-pipe too. It's just sold as two seperate items. It's loud, but it's very bareable. For street... just throw in a silencer.

but yeah, all you need is some decent headers, JDM ITR cat, and catback - and go have some fun screaming around.

All this talk about BuddyClub Spec III - gayest exhaust i've ever had. Which then broke on me, and BC Aust. would not give me a new one under warrenty (after a few weeks, and 1500ish KM's of driving)

90LAN
12-04-2009, 01:13 PM

Spoon N1 is NOT just the Axel back. You can get the N1 B-pipe too. It's just sold as two seperate items. It's loud, but it's very bareable. For street... just throw in a silencer.

but yeah, all you need is some decent headers, JDM ITR cat, and catback - and go have some fun screaming around.

All this talk about BuddyClub Spec III - gayest exhaust i've ever had. Which then broke on me, and BC Aust. would not give me a new one under warrenty (after a few weeks, and 1500ish KM's of driving)

spoon ftw
way better than buddyclub and lighter

Moey.C
12-04-2009, 02:19 PM
how about performance wise? ? what is the best exhaust..

coz thruout this whole thread and the other 1's covering exhausts iv learnt that BC3 is very loud and does have good performance gains

also the power getter has good power gains. and the spoon n1 is just for sound n dosnt really make performance better

see i dont mind the sound i want something that will be better for performance. help ?

Moey.C
12-04-2009, 02:23 PM

gayest exhaust uve heard?

does it sound like the ugly high pitch screaming or the nice deep rumble of a rex for eg.

90LAN
12-04-2009, 03:22 PM
how about performance wise? ? what is the best exhaust..

coz thruout this whole thread and the other 1's covering exhausts iv learnt that BC3 is very loud and does have good performance gains

also the power getter has good power gains. and the spoon n1 is just for sound n dosnt really make performance better

see i dont mind the sound i want something that will be better for performance. help ?

who told you spoon n1 doesnt make power ?

Moey.C
12-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Spoon N1 is axle back only, the only difference you will notice is noise (but it's a nice noise). If you don't mind noise, go Buddy Club Spec 3. But be warned its very loud (much much louder than Spoon N1), I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over by the cops when I had it. Power wise I don't think there is anything bar a straight pipe that can match it for top end power gain. I kinda miss the noise it made, VTEC through tunnels was AWESOME.

However now I'm about to try something quiet, just have to wait for it to arrive. If you are after performance but don't want too much noise, try Fujitsubo exhausts (Power getter, RM01A, Legalis R).

NB if you do go for a japanese cat back you will need a custom shorter cat; AUSDM stock is about 17" long IIRC and you will need a cat about 12" long.

jim did ? the only difference u will notice is noise ?

hey 9oran do u think cai, TODA headers 4-2-1 and either spoon,power getter or buddy club 3 exhaust are good mods, then the ecu n tune

90LAN
12-04-2009, 03:41 PM

hey 9oran do u think cai, TODA headers 4-2-1 and either spoon,power getter or buddy club 3 exhaust are good mods, then the ecu n tune

hey moeymylawn yeah they will be good mods

Moey.C
12-04-2009, 04:00 PM
lmao moeyurlawn ? ?

which do u recomendt str8 out.. gimme ur quick lil review on each.. BC spec 3 ? power getter ? spoon n1 ?

coz ill be doing these over a while. my work money will go 2wards the car

Moey.C
12-04-2009, 04:07 PM
i just youtube'd all 3. the buddy club spec 3 has that ugly scream sorta sound.. but is very loud... the spec 2 sounds better and is still loud

spoon looks tiny but has a nice sound. and i could only find dc5 with the power getter which sounds very very good.

what are performance perks for these exhausts ?

VTECMACHINE
14-04-2009, 12:27 PM

The Spoon shits over the BC Spec III. It's a REAL japanese made, racing exhaust for N1 Racing in Japan.

Jim was saying that it will only make noise if you put the axel back (c-pipe on) - even then it will flow slightly better. But with the header, nice cat (or JDM itr cat), Spoon B-pipe, and spoon axel back... it will be an awesome exhaust. Teamed with an ECU and a good intake, it will be great.

The difference is:

* Spoon N1 exhaust, sold as 2 seperate items Axel back and B-pipe.
* BC Spec III comes as a total catback together (b-pipe and axel back).

End of the day a pipe is a pipe, as long as it follows the most direct bends to the rear of the car, and bends are mendrel bent (not press). Resignators on Japanese exhausts have been placed strategically to increase air flow as well as decrease noise slightly. If you get a "custom" exhaust made in Oz, the resignators placed in random places will just screw everything.