PDA

View Full Version : which colour to paint...

honda_b_blastn
01-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey guys
My EG hatch is booked in to get fully resprayed in 4 weeks.Its currently milano red atm and im not sure if i should keep it red or change colour.I havnt got a wide range of colours to choose from as my Interior is completey red!,i have white rims anda carbon bonnet.I have been searching for diferent colour reds to suit or maybe even a colour change.If i keep red i want to go a deeper red(possibly rx8 red).The only other colour i can think of that will suit is black.what are your thoughts...please help guys..Ill add a photo of my interior to help..:thumbsup:

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=jhtpc1

ek4-guy
01-01-2006, 11:14 AM
red interiour with a bright yellow pitty your interiour limits you thoe

EG5[KRT]
01-01-2006, 12:29 PM
nice nice interior ...

have u thought about getting championship white ???

STTICH
01-01-2006, 12:40 PM
wat makes u wanna go for a respray? has ur paint faded?

honda_b_blastn
01-01-2006, 12:43 PM
wat makes u wanna go for a respray? has ur paint faded?

I wrote my civic off and bought another,this paint is faded in spots,and since its a shell atm,its the best time to paint.:thumbsup:

honda_b_blastn
01-01-2006, 12:44 PM
']nice nice interior ...

have u thought about getting championship white ???

White abit to suttle for me...Id love to keep it red just not sure which colour..too many to choose.:(

Zdster
01-01-2006, 12:57 PM
What about keeping the same colour red but put a slight pearl in it?

panda[cRx]
01-01-2006, 01:56 PM
wow u weren't joking about having a 'red' interior =|

Zdster
01-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh, another thought, as far as I understand milano red doesnt have a clear on it. I have always wondered what milano red would look like with a couple of coats of high gloss clear.

SiReal
01-01-2006, 02:00 PM
i always like the skyline R33 purple. but not sure if that would match. why not return some bits of ur interior to stock colour. that way, it would be easier to mix and match.

panda[cRx]
01-01-2006, 02:04 PM
yeah u won't get much to mix that blood orange interior..... unless u paint the car blood orange lol

MoDCoN
01-01-2006, 05:51 PM
what about black man? that would show the red up awesomely!

honda_b_blastn
01-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Yer black is my only really option if i want a drastic colour change.

I had a look at a RX8 red in a local car yard,its pretty nice.yet again so is the DC5 red(which is milano red) just looked nice and clean.

Maybe standard milano red but in a metalic version,with a few coats of clear.

civ_sik
01-01-2006, 08:57 PM
i think black or white with the interior maybe type r yellow... with the cf bonnet and red int look cool?

aimre
01-01-2006, 09:16 PM
black dont look that good with a CF hood

[ricer]
01-01-2006, 09:54 PM
id spray the car yellow

the red is too much on the inside
after spraying the car yellow i'd probably put some yellow highlights inside to break up all that red

Sir_vtec
01-01-2006, 10:00 PM
^^ what? yellow? Yellow is not a neutral colour. man thats too far. Return some of the interior to stock colour. its too red man. if ur gonna kept the interior that way u might as well go with jet black or black like u suggested.
Maybe a grey colour. gun metal grey?

EG5[KRT]
01-01-2006, 11:02 PM
i honestly woudlnt paint my car red if i had a red interior .. too much over kill i think

white with red interior would look good .. but u said too subtle ..

wat about a kandy paint ?? like kandy pearl black with a hint of red ?

showpony
01-01-2006, 11:10 PM
You could do what i did the first time i got my car painted and get a pearl mixed in with the stock red. Have a look at the pics of what my car used to look like with a gold pearl in it, it looked awesome when the sun hit it. Best way to go if you aren't going to paint door jambs, engine bay etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/mschif/ResizePicture018.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/mschif/newcivicfront.jpg
Good luck with it all.

NightKids
02-01-2006, 03:25 AM
did u say you had a gold pearl ? i'm still trying to spot it... hehe

panda[cRx]
02-01-2006, 04:33 AM
hard to really see pearl in most pics. i can't really see mine in pics :confused:
but when people see in person "oooh blue pearl" lmao

JasonGilholme
02-01-2006, 04:46 AM
i'd go an orange with a red pearl. that way you will get a bit of red int eh paint to math your interior. i wouldn't go yellow cause then you'd have to put yellow on the inside which would make your car look like a mcdonalds company car.

[ricer]
02-01-2006, 05:22 PM
i was talking about like the pheonix yellow
and theres nothing wrong with maccas

honda_b_blastn
02-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Its a huge decision...i really dont know.I used to have all white interior(was to hard to keep clean) so i went all red..:) Also before the white rims i had black rims.Changing rims to suit the colour isnt a drama,but im not changing my interior again! plus i have EG6 interior so im not ditching that...lol..So i think its either between standard red with a metallic,rx8 red or black...

Blaze
02-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Going red on the outside and keeping the red interior is just too much red, but if you go a dark colour on the outside then the red interior will stand out alot more and it will make more of an impact to people who see it for the first time. Some great colours which would look great with a red interior are: Navy blue, Midnight purple or black.
It's all about what you want tho, there's no point in doing something to your car if you don't like it, after all, it is your car.

honda_b_blastn
03-01-2006, 09:38 AM
I understand that angle your coming at with this,and yes in the end it is my decision,I am just after suggestions,which you guys have given alot,really appreciate it..:)

vti-2
03-01-2006, 12:12 PM
My personal preference has always been white on an EG with CF hood etc. But there are two other colours that look awesome, one is that Samurai Gold colour and the other is Gun Metal grey. But its your choice at the end of the day. :)

Nuttz
03-01-2006, 12:37 PM
yep i agree... a really dark metalic grey.. to contrast with the red

honda_b_blastn
03-01-2006, 06:44 PM
yep i agree... a really dark metalic grey.. to contrast with the red

Funny you should say that colour,i went and spoke to my painter today,he gave me all his colour charts to pick something out,whcih can altered if need be.There is over 1000 colours...:thumbdwn:
Alot of really nice colours..dark olive's,gun metal metalics....:D

cdpfxz
04-01-2006, 09:18 AM
i reckon go a dark colour too, a black wit a red pearl even would be nice, keep the red theme kinda going.. help the interior stand it.. also if u wana go red again, the rx8 red is beautiful, i had my old pulsar painted in that and it has the gold through it too so it looks great in the sun!

nic

honda_b_blastn
04-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Yer i have ruled out going red again.Too much red..There are some very nice dark grey metalic's,olive colours,deep metalic greens,graphites..list go on..

vti-2
05-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Dark Olive ain't too bad. :)

slim
06-01-2006, 04:16 PM
go a satin dark grey or black, sleek look