PDA

View Full Version : damaged teg?

fried
17-09-2003, 01:48 AM
hey guys...

im about to buy a teg, but it has previously been in what i think is a major accident. i got the inspection people to go out and have a look and they'll let me know if the car is alright, but what do u all think?

its the cheapest one out there and its the only vtir inmy price range. if the inspection guys say its alright, u htink it should be fine? hannys also said it was ok, but only get it fro a certain price.

im sooo dc2 crazy at the moment, and i also jsut need a ride right now!

places to go, people to see, might as well be in a hot dc2 while im doing it!

thanks!

wynode
17-09-2003, 09:27 AM
If the car is mechanically OK then good.

What kind of accident has it been in? Because if it has been in a major accident, then little things will come up over the years that you won't be happy with.........as a result of the accident things might be problematic later on down the track

There are a lot of vti-rs out there, so if you are planning on keeping the car, be patient and find another. Who was it repaired by? cause if it was someone like AAMI you will have a lifetime warranty so you could always take it back if something is still wrong (just for ur info).

INFLYT
17-09-2003, 07:23 PM
You get what you pat for champ. If a DC2 Integra VTI-R is going for cheap, it's because it is.......

Teggy-Vtir
17-09-2003, 08:15 PM
b patient, ull find somethin worth buyin
u wont find one in perfect condition, but ull find one in an alrite condition
aslong as the engine is good, with log books of course =)

btw wats ur price range?

INFLYT
17-09-2003, 08:39 PM
I disagree. You CAN find one in perfect condition, you just gotta have an "I don't care what it cost's" attitude. How do I know this? I bought a perfect one this year for a 'bit' more than what people would spend on these. :wink:

A'PEXi
17-09-2003, 08:55 PM
so what is the price that this teg is going for???....

Teggy-Vtir
17-09-2003, 09:01 PM
hey same here, i jus bought mine not long ago.. in perfect condition
but it did cost me a fair bit, but i got wat i paid for =)

Spunkymonkey
17-09-2003, 09:10 PM
I disagree. You CAN find one in perfect condition, you just gotta have an "I don't care what it cost's" attitude. How do I know this? I bought a perfect one this year for a 'bit' more than what people would spend on these. :wink:

that's true. I guess at the time I was buying they were all similar prices and I happened to be lucky.

It may effect the handling if the car was in a major accident.

fried
17-09-2003, 10:26 PM
ok, well verdict from the inspection... is.... RUUUUUUNNN!!!!!!!

dodgy asian!!!! i shoulda known, im asian too! blah!

i havent got much money at all. i jsut sold my problematic 98 pulsar hatch, and can only use that money for my new car. so ive only got about 11-13, maybe 14...

this particular dc2 was going for 14, but we got it down to 11500.

but, no way now. its had BIG front-on accident, slid over a gutter, and also most probably slid into a truck, cos theres damage up to the roof, on the back panel guard. DODGY, and the thing is, it hasnt been repaired properly, its been all pulled back out adn resprayted, rather than replaced.

chasis bent, strut bent, airconditoner and radiator support damaged, interior dirty, wheels unalligned,heck, the only thing that was good about this vtir, was the vtir engine itself, which will probably fall out soon, because the engine mount needs replacing. lol

STAY AWAY!!!!

so, yeah, ive got a really low spending amount, because i am also an unemployed uni bum.

but rest assured, it will be mine, ...oh yes, it will be mine!!!!!

also but, im very adement about aesthetics, like badly, so color is important, rah rah rah. so im picky, but thats a good thing yeah? lol

cheers.

eric

fried
17-09-2003, 11:00 PM
this is a big ask... but worth asking,... would anybody be able to check this out for me?

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=78522&curre nt_rec=4&total_rec=6&sort_type=&make_id=19&model_i d=66&badge_id=123&state_id=7&search_distance=50

Vehicle 1995 HONDA INTEGRA VTi-R
Price $17,500
Kilometres 126,800
Body 2 door Coupe
Colour Black
Transmission 5 speed Manual
Engine 4 cylinder Petrol Multi-point injected 1.8L (1834cc)
Reg Plate RUJ 260
Brief Comments Immaculate condition. Well looked after car.
Seller Details
Name Michael
Location Footscray, Victoria. 3011
Mobile Phone 0413-815-515

????

its relatively cheap, and its BLACK!!!!!

i live in sydney so i cant see it. but if its good, then i might come down for a few days and grab iit or something.

let me know thanks.... dunno if any of you are down there.

eric.

Spunkymonkey
17-09-2003, 11:36 PM
You can still find cheap ones in Sydney if your lucky. Friend of a friend bought one a few months ago...also black for about 15500, a 94 model with low kms.

joneblaze
18-09-2003, 12:26 AM
You can still find cheap ones in Sydney if your lucky. Friend of a friend bought one a few months ago...also black for about 15500, a 94 model with low kms.

$15500? wow... thats pretty cheap. (damn, should have saved and got vtec too... lol :cry: )

Someone in melb pls do him a favour and check this out (vti-2?? anyone??) , or talk him out of it. I'm going to be the one who'll have to drive his sorry ass down to Footscray so think about the km's on my teg huh? :P

vti-2
18-09-2003, 12:40 AM
You might as well buy mine if you're coming down to Melbourne! Plus mine already has quite a few mods... ;)

joneblaze
18-09-2003, 12:42 AM
You might as well buy mine if you're coming down to Melbourne! Plus mine already has quite a few mods... ;)

i dont think pickyass eric can handle the colour of ur car man (let alone the price tag... lol 8) ). its a hell nice ride though!

vti-2
18-09-2003, 12:45 AM
What's wrong with the colour?

That price is negotiable and is fairly good considering kms, condition, mods and the fact i'm selling with all the stock parts... :mrgreen:

joneblaze
18-09-2003, 12:49 AM
What's wrong with the colour?

That price is negotiable and is fairly good considering kms, condition, mods and the fact i'm selling with all the stock parts... :mrgreen:

he wants (needs) black or white. lol... dun ask me why... maybe he jus wants to b like me cos i gotta white one... ;) (j/k bro.. :twisted: )

vti-2
18-09-2003, 12:51 AM
It's all good... :)

fried
18-09-2003, 12:55 AM
*grin*

burgundy is from the devil!!!!!!

kekekek AHAHA, sorry bro, i absolutely respect ur ride, i just cant handle myself driving it.. im picky as heck! but yeah, it is a good price, cept i ahve no wehre near that amount ofmoney. thansk but!

im looking for absolutely stock vtirs, black, or white. no spoiler preffered, but that can be sorted. stock wheels, sunroof, etc...!

joneblaze
18-09-2003, 01:05 AM
*grin*

burgundy is from the devil!!!!!!

kekekek AHAHA, sorry bro, i absolutely respect ur ride, i just cant handle myself driving it.. im picky as heck! but yeah, it is a good price, cept i ahve no wehre near that amount ofmoney. thansk but!

im looking for absolutely stock vtirs, black, or white. no spoiler preffered, but that can be sorted. stock wheels, sunroof, etc...!

Youre speeeeeeling is absoluetly atroshus. 8) stop beein such a fag and juts by a car alraedy......

Teggy-Vtir
18-09-2003, 05:17 PM
lol
oh comeon.. u cant b that picky with used cars
i like dis burgundy colour.. it looks nice =)
and d spoiler aint so bad, it does suit the car

INFLYT
18-09-2003, 05:20 PM
fried, im sorry to say champ, but you can't afford to be picky. If there's absolutely no chance of raising your budget anytime soon, then you might wanna consider a GSI.

joneblaze
18-09-2003, 10:32 PM
fried, im sorry to say champ, but you can't afford to be picky. If there's absolutely no chance of raising your budget anytime soon, then you might wanna consider a GSI.

GO the *ahem* "mighty" GSi!!! :oops:

fried
21-09-2003, 08:15 PM
VTI-R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rose the funds abit, and got myself a gungrey dc2

watch out for me mupapapapapapapap!!!!!

Teggy-Vtir
22-09-2003, 04:27 PM
never seen a gungrey integra vtir b4, only seen it in gsi

joneblaze
22-09-2003, 05:33 PM

but... they look exactly the same.... cept for the sticker and the stock wheels...... :roll:

Teggy-Vtir
22-09-2003, 08:43 PM
also the black rubber mouldin fing on the side
vtir's are colour coded =) hehe

joneblaze
22-09-2003, 09:04 PM
also the black rubber mouldin fing on the side
vtir's are colour coded =) hehe
yup... damn factory colour coding... :cry: i have to get mine done. anyone know anywhere in sydney that'll do a good job?
eric's vtir is sweet.... we picked it up today, he left my place. will prolly post up real soon as a matter of fact... lol.

totti
30-09-2003, 09:13 PM
hey fried
look at my signature

if you like my car make an offer and i may sell it

vti-2
30-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by fried:
VTI-R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rose the funds abit, and got myself a gungrey dc2

watch out for me mupapapapapapapap!!!!!

He already bought one. 8)

ginganggooly
30-09-2003, 10:01 PM
hey fried
look at my signature

if you like my car make an offer and i may sell it

hehe shit, i've seen you driving around before totti. i recognise your rear muffler.

... well i think it was you!

Spunkymonkey
01-10-2003, 05:07 PM

gingangooly has a gungrey vtir teg.

joneblaze
01-10-2003, 05:57 PM

roger that. and its loooowwwwww and yummy. lol

Integra_guy
01-10-2003, 06:16 PM
Is Gunmetal gray the light grey? cause mine is dark grey and called Thunder Grey

Spunkymonkey
01-10-2003, 06:41 PM

mine is lower :wink:

joneblaze
01-10-2003, 06:42 PM

lol... showoff. i havent got rims i LIKE let alone a lowered ride.... :cry:

fried
03-10-2003, 11:39 AM
yeah thunder grey.. same thing kekeke

my ride is stock as heck! but i love it!!!! cept for that spoiler!!! dammnit!!

but yes, much alike slims tasty ride!

:wink:

ginganggooly
03-10-2003, 01:18 PM

mine is faster :wink: