PDA

View Full Version : starting problem

thatdbeme
02-01-2006, 08:46 PM
hey,

im having a problem starting my 00 Accord V6L. It seems to start without a problem if its cold, however if ive stopped for 5 minutes and come back it sometimes takes a few goes. It also seems to start easier when aircon and stereo are turned off. its also worse on the recent hot days. i was thinking it was either

battery is dying
starter motor issue
or the fuel injection clogged

any suggestions?

bennjamin
02-01-2006, 09:05 PM
main relay might become iffy if heated up...or distributor coil or igniter unit abit faulty ?
Battery is low in fluid ?

thatdbeme
05-01-2006, 06:02 PM
it ended up being a dead part of the battery, but it was still showing as fully charged.

Ferrarista
05-01-2006, 06:04 PM
it ended up being a dead part of the battery, but it was still showing as fully charged.
Hmm interesting, cause a few of us Euro owners were experiencing the same problem. Who identified that it was a battery problem?

thatdbeme
06-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Hmm interesting, cause a few of us Euro owners were experiencing the same problem. Who identified that it was a battery problem?

It was an auto electrician, i took it to a servo a couple of days ago and they said the battery was fine, then i took it to an auto electrician, they assumed the battery was fine, checked the alternator and a few other things, and came back to the battery, said it was a dead cell i think. They said the battery was still showing as fully charged, so thats why it wasnt picked up before. They replaced the battery and cleaned up the connections and its been perfect ever since.