PDA

View Full Version : Help With Oil!

fly_vti
04-01-2006, 11:14 AM
:D hey guys i searched but couldnt find. so i need to ask. :wave:

hey guys how do you really know when to change the oil, is there any tell tale signs? i dont know much about servicing. my oil isnt low. it looks dark brown but when i rub it up between my fingers it feels grainy and not slippery or greasy. like im rubbing water with little salt in it. :confused: is that normal or bad?

i dont know when the last oil change was, i bought the car 3 weeks ago. and i didnt ask the guy. its a vtir b18c2. :thumbsup:

thanks! :wave:

bennjamin
04-01-2006, 11:21 AM
if in doubt just CHANGE it dennis with a fresh filter.
Then , continue with normal servicing every 5,000kms oil change after that.

fly_vti
04-01-2006, 11:26 AM
if in doubt just CHANGE it dennis with a fresh filter.
Then , continue with normal servicing every 5,000kms oil change after that.

ok will take the advice, just wanted to know if there was any tell tale signs of bad oil.

tinkerbell
04-01-2006, 11:26 AM
i dont know when the last oil change was,

change the oil immediatly :thumbsup:

tinkerbell
04-01-2006, 11:27 AM
and perhaps the coolant, and the brake and clutch fluid...

fly_vti
04-01-2006, 11:30 AM
and perhaps the coolant, and the brake and clutch fluid...

i got 110000 kms on the clock. do i change every single fluid? including gearbox oil? the log books say i got a new clutch at 100,000 kms and timing belt already. since then i dont see any more service records.

tinkerbell
04-01-2006, 11:38 AM
i would *assume* that the did the GB oil at same time as clutch, but you can tell by looking at it (more so than looking at engine oil)

but you can contact teh place that did the gearbox and check if you wnat to.

but ceratinly change that oil, it sounds like it would not be doing a good job protecting your engine...

the other fluids i would change so that you knew their history, esp. brake fluid...

fly_vti
04-01-2006, 11:41 AM
i would *assume* that the did the GB oil at same time as clutch, but you can tell by looking at it (more so than looking at engine oil)

but you can contact teh place that did the gearbox and check if you wnat to.

but ceratinly change that oil, it sounds like it would not be doing a good job protecting your engine...

the other fluids i would change so that you knew their history, esp. brake fluid...

ok , thanks man! thread can be closed now. will be taking my car for full servicing. as it sounds like its pretty much due. cheers! :)

ECU-MAN
04-01-2006, 07:44 PM
id also investigate to make sure the timming belt was done at 100000kms