PDA

View Full Version : Compatible Honda CD player for Legend 89

spacemaster
04-01-2006, 04:28 PM
I went to wrecker and I see they have heaps of Honda CD player, but I am not sure which will fit for my car. Can anyone suggest Honda CD player that is compatible with Honda Legend 89 ? Mine currently can only play good old tap :o

ICACHA
04-01-2006, 06:57 PM
anything you want is compatible, even aftermarket :)

spacemaster
04-01-2006, 07:42 PM
I mean I need a plug and play one as I am not too expert in wiring...

arverson
05-01-2006, 12:49 AM
no HU is plug and play. BUT u can buy a wiring adapter harness thats specific to ur honda plug and ur aftermarket HU if ur not confident in soldering/splicing/crimping wires. this basically makes the install a 'plug & play', its ALOT easier, its wat the pros would use and is well worth the $20-30.

aerpro supply these. go to www.aerpro.com & click harnesses :)

J-MuN
06-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Your best bet is to buy an aftermarket Headunit as they sound a whole lot better than factory standard Headunits.

When it comes to installation, as arverson said, you can buy the harnesses from autobahn or JB Hifi for an easier installation or you can just get a professional to do it if you're not willing to fuss around trying to install it. Should cost you between $60-$70 for professional installation.

spacemaster
06-01-2006, 02:37 PM
I feel that it's cool having Black Honda CD console in the old Legend. Like the one in this thread

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62000&highlight=honda+player

arverson
06-01-2006, 08:59 PM
its cool?? fair enuff, but y not a aftermarket HU?? it'll b alot more worthwhile over ANY stock HU.

wat r u looking for in a HU?? sound quality, cd/mp3 capability, tuning features, looks, etc etc

if im correct, ur 89 legend has a stock double-DIN sized space, but u can still fit in ANY aftermarket HU (single or double DIN)

for wateva ur reasons may be (could be for re-sale purposes for example), if u dont want a aftermarket HU but want a stock HU instead, go to wreckers :)

spacemaster
06-01-2006, 09:28 PM
yes, my legend has double-DIN size. I will go to wrecker again tomorrow and grap a Honda HU + either Honda CD player or stack.....

Thanks arver, will keep u update....