PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Replica from Evolution R

blitz_euro
04-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Hi,

I called Raymond from car quest and he cant beat the 1200 for the mugen replica kit for my 04 Euro, without the spoiler. I know xteenx? (dunno if that is the correct spelling of the member name) got it for 1100 from Raymond.

Any way i have sourced some people from Evolution R and there mugen source is delivered from Car mate, website is carmate.com. Car mate has manufactured there own kit in house from the exact mugen kit they have in the showroom.

So as being made here rather than oversea's which i believe raymond gets his from and being able to get it cheaper than 1200, i just wanted to know if anyone here has bought a kit off Evolution R in WA, i am based in WA or Carmate over in Sydney.

I need to know quickly as i want to order the kit ASAP.

stephen8512
04-01-2006, 05:57 PM
as far as i know
carmate in sydney is dodgy as.
my friend went there and had a whole heap of troubles with his bodykit fitting
i got mine from raymond and i can vouch for him. excellent kit and nice bloke

blitz_euro
04-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the response.

I will see what i can work out with Raymond.

I have my painters sourced out and i have decided to go with Prestige Motor Vehicle Refurnishers which Pumz on here has recommended for WA people, and he had his car done from them and the job looks good.

stephen8512
04-01-2006, 06:13 PM
yeah prestige seems to be a good place to do it at WA cuz like u said, mike (pum[Z]) got his done there and they even moved the factory HID washer from his old bar to his mugen. The place i got mine done from did that too.
SO yeah i am told that they know what they doin and that they have a lot of exp with fibreglass and bodykits. :thumbsup:
cant wait to see another mugen euro!!!

bigdongers
04-01-2006, 06:26 PM
dont forget that the prices can vary because of the exchange rate. Carquest gets theirs from Hong Kong so if the Aussie $ is a little lower (which it currently is) it will cost more to get the kit here.

stephen8512
04-01-2006, 06:43 PM
from what i know, raymond makes it himself from fibreglass using a genuine mugen bodykit as a template

blitz_euro
04-01-2006, 08:10 PM
I have decided not to go the full mugen front bumper as i cannot justify paying almost $2300 to fit and paint the kit.

I was thinking, the factory front lip which i believe is the euro R kit and mugen side skirts and mugen rear lip.

Also does anyone know where to remove the rear spoiler on the Euro's in Perth WA as the Prestige has quoted me $500 to weld up the holes and another $200 for a proper respray of the boot and the left and right quarter panels so the paint matches. Apparently the welding the holes and then to make the boot flush is a lot of work.

Pum[Z]
04-01-2006, 08:40 PM
from what i know, raymond makes it himself from fibreglass using a genuine mugen bodykit as a template

When i got my kit from carquest they got their kits from Hongkong... I don't think raymond makes it himself from fibreglass coz he doesn't own a panel/paint shop....

Blitz_euro: paying $2600 for a kit painted and fitted is worth it.. It makes a big difference and a lot more impression then a stock euro.... Ask Stephen if his kit was worth paying...

stephen8512
04-01-2006, 09:23 PM
i shipped mine all the way from perth to sydney
def. worth the money i say

the oem front lip is NOT the euro R kit.
even if it was euro R front, mugen sides and rear will wreck the subtlety of the euro R front. u need the euro R sides and rear to match.

the price u got for welding + respraying seems about right. PERTH_EURO got his done after removing his OEM spoiler. its not too hard to remove it. welding and stuff is a lot of work though

***sorry to be off topic****
mike!!! i just read ur signature!!! DID U SELL THE EURO?!?!?!
and wats this? 04 beemer 320 and 06 yaris??!

PERTH_EURO
04-01-2006, 09:52 PM
I got my spoiler removed to. I was quoted $600 too. (got it for free in the end)
Holes were welded and paint blended over boot lid and down side 1/4s.

So what youve been told sounds right.

**** off topic too *****
Michael hope all is well with the pregnacy, i saw ur old Euro in cannington last week... guess i didnt get to buy your rocker cover..

stephen8512
04-01-2006, 09:56 PM
lol timbo its 40 bucks to have that and the spark plug cover painted to watever u want. (at least thats why my panelshop quoted me) :D

PERTH_EURO
04-01-2006, 10:01 PM
hahaha tru... to slack to organise it lol

Blitz_Euro
After seeing the quality of Mikes kit first hand, i would suggest goin local for the mugen kit. If need be save a bit longer and do it once... do it properly.

Couple more things to think about:
If you buy local you have local backup if there is any issues with the kit, and i truely believe in supporting the mod business in Perth so that we can have professional, well run peeps to work on our cars.

stephen8512
04-01-2006, 10:16 PM
yes
i agree. do it right the first time round.
i took a chance with carquest and it payed off bigtime. i knew if there was any damage or wat not, i was screwed for both time and money. like i said, raymond is a decent guy and if uhave a good panelshop, ur car will come out looking flawless. that im certain.

Pum[Z]
05-01-2006, 04:29 AM
Yeash agree with do it right the first time.. Saves u the hassles plus the money, best value is to get mugen R replica and get it professionally fitted and painted...

OFF TOPIC...

Yeah sold my euro to my buddie's brother... At least still get to see the car. I sold the car with all the mods so thats why u guys haven't heard from me about parts.. Waiting for the Toyota Yaris been waiting already for 2 months for the bloody car, Its coming in February... Me wife pregnancy is going good.. Its a toss up which i'm going to get first, the baby or the car :D

blitz_euro
05-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Ok,

After much deciding and a picture with the kit on the same colour car as mine has sold my mind on it, so i have placed an order for the Mugen Replica Kit from Car Quest off Raymond.

Now its time to wait for the kit to arrive cant wait, but i need someone to remove and patch my boot at a better price.

Timbo: where did you get your rear boot done? i know i cant get it for free but at least a better price.

eckshale
05-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Let us know how the kit fits when u get it.
might be interested in getting one for my brothers car =)

PERTH_EURO
05-01-2006, 04:16 PM
When u get the kit fitted and painted, do the boot then.

I actually wouldnt recomend the Panel Beater that i used as the work wasnt up to spec

blitz_euro
05-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Yeah i asked the prestige to paint for me while i get the kit done but he wants an extra 700 on top fair enough there is alot of work to do but i dont want to pay an extra 700 to just patch holes.

PERTH_EURO
05-01-2006, 09:18 PM
In that case get some other quotes, but as i said i wouldn't use the smash repairs where i got mine done. (PM if u want name).

I got my job for free for a reason

Also the mugen spolier will cover the holes, so surely that part of the price of fitting ur new kit.

blitz_euro
05-01-2006, 11:42 PM
i didnt get the mugen rear spoiler coz i dont really like spoilers.

I will get some quotes and see how i go, i might ask the guy at prestige if he can do any better.

Pum[Z]
06-01-2006, 01:58 AM

I will get some quotes and see how i go, i might ask the guy at prestige if he can do any better.

Blitz_euro: Just say to Hung ur a friend of Michael's the one that used to drive the black euro with the Mugen Kit... Also say that if u give me a better price i can promote more of Prestige business..

Heck if that doesn't work i'll call Hung myself...

PERTH_EURO
06-01-2006, 12:55 PM

ur car will look kick ass... i never been a fan of the rear mugen wing

Vtec_inside
07-01-2006, 12:27 PM
man mao is a top- guy (evolution R) i can vouch for him, he sell good body kits and is very resonable priced.i known him for a long time he is on of the few guys that does it all alarm, performance, stereo and even fiberglass. All fiberglass kit don't fit 100% regardless opf what they say. The only time the kit fit spot, only if u willing to buy geniune fiberglass kits.

i used vertex geniune on my 180 sx an it fit spot on gaps god not much sika flex at all.alln the clips lined up an mounting was easy did not need to drill newholes. you try that with non geniune, u have fitting issue for sure.

There is where a good fitter an spray paniter come to the rescue.!!! anyhow Hoppers panel an paint does a good job ;provided ur willing to pay. my 2 cent for 2day

Omotesando
09-01-2006, 08:03 AM
LOL at Carmate...

I bought some part of a kit for my previous car..

It is still sitting in my study room - the quality was so crap, the fitter said even if he managed to fix it with moulding, it will still look crap.

Not even worth being a paper weight - reminds me to put it into the bin!

blitz_euro
09-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi guys to clarify things, i actually asked again who the supplier was again for the mugen replica for the euro's and evolution r told me they will be dealing with auto styling over in sydney for the mugen replica.

But this does not matter anymore as i have ordered my kit from raymond at Car Quest 1) me being in perth and car quest being located in perth it was easy to walk in and order & 2) members on this forum has vouched good comments about the mugen kits they have bought from car quest.

PERTH_EURO
10-01-2006, 12:23 AM
you will be more than happy