PDA

View Full Version : Thermoswitch>>

edyb20a
05-01-2006, 12:15 AM
When i turn off the aircond, the radiator fan only operate at very high temperature (nearly red line). I already replaced the thermoswitch, but the problem still the same. If i manually connect two wire at the thermoswitch, the fan working.. Is there any temp rating for the thermoswitch???

Zimp13
05-01-2006, 04:13 AM
When i turn off the aircond, the radiator fan only operate at very high temperature (nearly red line). I already replaced the thermoswitch, but the problem still the same. If i manually connect two wire at the thermoswitch, the fan working.. Is there any temp rating for the thermoswitch???

maybe u need to change the thermostat as well... just wat i think

atmoek
05-01-2006, 07:00 PM
it could be the thermostat but the fan should still cut in at a certain temp (lower) and it would reach that temp with:
thermostat stuck open- would take longer to get hot but should turn on before redline
thermostat stuck shut- it would heat up normally then fan should cut in it mite overheat say sitting at a set of lights but if your say just sitten on 50km/h it shouldnt overheat.

the new switch could possibly be faulty
lose wire maybe
or worse case could be a fault in the ecu not sending the message to the fan at the correct time
maybe your temp guage could be reading wrong does your coolant start to boil in the overflow bottle?

ECU-MAN
06-01-2006, 10:56 PM
you sure you change the right thing,
you didnt change the ECT bay any chance did you