PDA

View Full Version : SPraying bonnet

b16a_integra
01-04-2004, 11:13 PM
started sprayin my bonnet today, have taken it off, sanded it back and have put a couple coats of primer on. ill sand it back again tommorow and do another coat of primer (its still alittle furry), should have the first couple coats of black on tommorow, if im happy with the bonnet ill be doin my whole car. cost me 80bux in materials. if i do the rest of my car im goin to do the rest of it midnight blue should look alright i reckon.

heres a before pic of the bonnet. ill post an after pic when its finished.
http://b16aintegra.instantlogic.com/Images/Photos/{7B218C8F-6413-45DC-A714-0A01C45F9A4E}/{D21EDF49-E05F-43A6-BE6F-494605247473}lg.jpg

and heres the kind of style ill be doing my car except the it wont be orange itll be midnight blue.

http://www.japanesemotorsport.com.au/pinkbits/pinkbits2.jpg

b16a_integra
01-04-2004, 11:15 PM
if someone can photoshop a pic of my car to be the same style as the one in the pic (black bonnet, black roof and Apiilar, and bottom half midnight blue or just dark blue)
i can send you a pic and would like to see what id roughly be looking at, when its finished.

deceivin
02-04-2004, 08:13 PM
cool, i wanna spray my bonnet black too, its kinda battered. my LS looks like yours, beside the blinkers, and wiper. hehe.

b16a_integra
03-04-2004, 05:23 PM
if only you were in melbourne man, id do it for you. its not that hard. why pay 300-400 bux for a panel beater to do it, when i can did it myself for 85 bux. and a friend of mine is a panel beater anywayz, and has been teaching me, but hasnt done any of the work. its been sprayed black now, justr has to bee sanded back with 1200grit sand paper, then polished. and itll be done. should have some pics up on monday. :)

deceivin
03-04-2004, 07:20 PM
cool.. wanna see how ti turns out. should look good from pics of other white LS's wif black bonnets i have seen. :D

b16a_integra
03-04-2004, 07:38 PM
fingers crossed. im gonna do the roof and the back piece of the boot instead now. i seen a integra like that today at autosalon, looks cool.

VTEChnique
06-04-2004, 04:24 PM
cool.. wanna see how ti turns out. should look good from pics of other white LS's wif black bonnets i have seen. :D

White with Black Bonnets ??

you mean Carbon Fibre Bonnets ?

Race cars in the 60's and 70's had MATTE-Black painted (steel) hoods to reduce glare and reflection whilst racing. eg. Torana, Charger, Monaro etc..
This follows the same principal as your baseball caps having the green material on the underside of the visor.. and the Yank Grid-Iron boys having 'war-paint' under their eyes on their upper cheekbones..

so, yeah you could paint it glossy black - but it will be rice.. paint it Matte-black and you will be old-school.. get a CF hood and you will be the"JDM" look you are after..

having said this - dont think I havnt considered the same thing myself HAHAHAH after MUCH self debate on this matter THAT was the conclusion I reached.

I dont think your roof will look good in black because unlike the Silvia you showed, the LS integra's A-Pillar is joined to the body panels - so you would have a 'line' of paint at some point..messy IMO..

why not get some chrome Hubcaps and then apply a vinyl roof ALA the old VC and VG Valliants HAHAHAHAA

b16a_integra
06-04-2004, 08:30 PM
yeh im not goin down the A-pillars any more, i seen a type-r with the black bonnet, roof (not on the a-pillar) and boot looks good. i would do the binnet matt black, but for 2 reasons i didnt do it.

1. im doing the roof and boot, so why have 2 different blacks on the car, and it would look crap with matt black on the roof and boot.

2. they didnt have any matt black when i went to buy the paints.

Anywayz the paint i got is jet black, and it wont be as glossy, because there wont be any clear gloss coats going on top of it. its being done as a flat black paint job. (thats what my friend panel beater calls it anywayz)

deceivin
13-04-2004, 11:31 PM
hhows this coming along?

b16a_integra
14-04-2004, 09:18 PM
ive finished the bonnet, done the roof and boot also, i just have to get my friend to polish it up for me. i dont have a digi cam, so i gotta try and get one from a friend or a friends friend :).

ill post pics. as soon as i get them.

im going to keep the car white, so i dont have to spray door/ boot sills ect.

b16a_integra
26-04-2004, 01:33 PM
heres a link to see the pics.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5435

it hasnt been polished yet, thats all.

wynode
26-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Midnight blue = :thumbsup: