PDA

View Full Version : stock cd player problem

melissa
05-01-2006, 04:00 PM
hi guys, just hoping some one might be able to help, my cd player in my car has just stopped working, yesterday it was fine no problems at all with it, and i got in this morning and it didnt want to work, the lil light wasnt on either, so i thought i could be the wiring, any ideas whats wrong???? oh and the tape, and radio still works, just not the cd

i have a 2000 ek civic btw

thanks mel :)

KB
05-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Open up your Honda Manual Booklet thing. And find your Activation Code for the radio. Then Disconnect your battery terminals for 5 Mins. Then put em back on. Start up car, put in Code and see if it works :S

It does sound wiring related though because of the sudden stop. Check the back of the radio and see if any of the plugs have come loose.

Im in perth too, and can come have a look if nothing works.

melissa
05-01-2006, 04:13 PM
thanks!! ill give it a try

Zdster
05-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Is it a seperate Honda CD unit or is the cd/radio/cassette all one unit?

If it is seperate there is a cable that links the two units that may be cause of your trouble.

As KB said it does sound like a wiring issue especially if everything else is working.

KB
05-01-2006, 04:19 PM
If it is seperate there is a cable that links the two units that may be cause of your trouble.

Lol I only read half of her post before mine. Then read the thing about readio and cassette thing still work :P. DOH

chunky
05-01-2006, 04:32 PM
go to jb-hi-fi or any other shop like that and purchase a cd player which doesnt play tapes because the tape casset thing just ****s up your player ans sound quality on the whole system =]

melissa
05-01-2006, 04:58 PM
yeh its two seperate units, im planing on geting a in dash dvd unit sometime this year...i was just hoping it didnt have to be now....grrr bloody ex is causing problems...taking legal action to get my wheels

is there any where on the net that i can download the service manual for my car?? cos i havent bought one yet

chunky
05-01-2006, 05:14 PM
i dont now try our good old friend google

melissa
07-01-2006, 01:36 PM
ok ive just pulled out my dash, checked all the wires are properly connected, disconected the battery, as someone suggested.....but still theres nothing happening with the cd player....

before i put my dash back in, does anyone know what could be wrong???

melissa
07-01-2006, 01:41 PM
oh and i checked all the fuses, so it cant be those either

dfekm3
07-01-2006, 02:28 PM
your cd player is the one at hte bottom right and the radio is at the top... if you have chekced all your cables and all ur fuses are okay.. i think it might be time to say good bye to the cd player as it might of had its days of playing normal cd's and telling you it wants an upgrade..

Im sorry to hear about the ex-bf and taking ur rims... if he gave them to you, they are yours to keep =)

melissa
07-01-2006, 02:46 PM
its all working now!!! yay, lol dont know what i did, but i rechecked everything, started it up, and it worked!! must be on the way out....time to start saving for the in dash dvd i think!

dfekm3
07-01-2006, 02:49 PM
might of have been somehting lose and when you ripped it all appart and checked it probably reconnected it.. but congratz that u got it working..

Time for some serious bling bling saving for the indash... you dont need it but just a wank feature we all love to have in our cars...

Watching music clips is always the way to go LOL