PDA

View Full Version : Rear Engine Mount Issue

Eclipsor
05-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Ok so I have a 92 Accord with a manual h22a. I am replacin the rear engine mount. I've spent the better part of today getting the old one out (god damn that was a bitch). My problem is that the old one is different to the new one I have. I got the new one from Repco. I'm fairly certain the dimensions of everything are the same so it should bolt in properly. However, the old one had this little thing bolted onto it with a piston type part that attached to the mount and had a vac tube heading off to a valve. The new one has the bracket to attach the thing but not the actual mechanism in the mount itself for the piston to attach to.

Now, I'm wondering if I can just plug this vac tube up or leave it open. Or I have the wrong mount and should try and take it back. Just that like I said, the mount itself is the right dimensions. Thanks for any feedback.

Weq
05-01-2006, 10:10 PM
no idea. but i know ur pain with that engine mount. its a BOIIITCH. just make sure u install it the right way, unlike me ;(

Eclipsor
05-01-2006, 11:36 PM
haha yeah. The same reason I want to get it right first time. There is no way I'm doing that again myself in the near future.

Update: I took apart the old mount and found the oil that I remember someone on here mentioning is in them. Plus when I moved the mount a diaphram was moving on the bottom. So this is some sort of mechanism to stiffen the mount with relation to manifold pressure?

Anyway, do I need a mount with this or have the company that made this non oem one I have decided it isn't needed.

Eclipsor
06-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Anyone? I need the car up and running again so I'm just going to put the one I have in and leave the vac line as it is.

wynode
06-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Sorry I can't help you dood. I've never heard of a 'dynamic' engine mount!

It might be something specific othe H22A so you might have to source a H22A mount!?

spacemaster
06-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Take it back and use the OEM one from Honda Dealer ?

Eclipsor
06-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Getting an oem mount was probably the only way to get the same thing. The mounts are all the Accord mounts. I've seen them at the wreckers before on other accords. Anyway. I've fitted it now. I guess I just cross my fingers. I didn't really want to have to get oem because this one was expensive as sin as it was ($170).

VT3C
06-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Take it back and use the OEM one from Honda Dealer

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

$170 is expensive for OEM ?? you get what you pay for ;)

Weq
06-01-2006, 04:32 PM
dude, id probably just install the mount u got. a mount is a mount. unless the new one is way springer, u wont notice a real difference.. the stiffer the mount the better IMO. u just get a little more vibration but better engine/steering feedback

Eclipsor
06-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Done :P Everything is back in and is working fine. Will just plug up that vac line to stop anything getting sucked in. Thanks guys.

panda[cRx]
06-01-2006, 06:46 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

$170 is expensive for OEM ?? you get what you pay for ;)

$170 for ANY OEM part is good hahahaha

Eclipsor
06-01-2006, 10:43 PM
$170 was the non oem part. ;)