PDA

View Full Version : EF8/9 Filter issue (general fuel filter question) with pic!

Dxs
06-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Hey i have an EF8, and i asked at honda for a fuel filter but they dont have my car on record because it is an import so i had to rip it out and take it down there.

So the spare parts guy tried to match the filter i had and we got pretty close but there is one main issue. The filter is from a 89 concerto if i recall correctly which is what, a d series engine? but anyway the problem is that the inlet and outlet arrows are the other way around.. check the pic:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/suban/dxs/ff.jpg

so on the old filter the hole on the right goes to the fuel rail but the new one it seems the arrow says the hole should goto the fuel line/pump. The thing is by looking at the filters they are the same besides the arrows, like the left hole has a plate under it and the right has the hole in the plate if that makes sense..

just wondering if it would be cool just to hook the filter up like the way the old one was.. it all seems the same (the parts guy said i should do it the other way around but i dont think he is too knowledgable)

cheers,

Xaber
06-01-2006, 03:20 PM
hey i have a honda concerto 91 and i bought a bulk lot of filters for it, i still have have 5 left if u need any, i will take a pic of one of them so u can see the arrows if u want me to.

Dxs
06-01-2006, 03:22 PM
hahaha i am a knob..
the parts dude confused me..
i guess the arrows on the top just say that down is in and up is out..

should all be cool.. maybe i should have gotten more sleep

edit: thanks xaber, i should be cool.. just a little confusion on my part

Xaber
06-01-2006, 03:36 PM
No worries, i remember it was pretty tight to remove the old, not enough space to get the the spanners in.

Nightrider
07-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Dxs great question, thanks for asking was looking at replacing my EF9 fuel filter.

VT3C
07-01-2006, 03:34 PM
they're the same yo... look at the arrows .. arrow pointing towards hole means IN.. arrow pointing away from hole is OUT.