PDA

View Full Version : koni yellows question

vteccoupe
08-01-2006, 05:09 PM
for those dat r using koni yellows...for the hardness of the front and rear...hw do u guys normally set it to?currently im on my hardest on the front and hardest on the rear..i was told dat the desired setting shld b hardest on the front and medium hardness at the rear..is dat true?any1 can enlighten me!!:wave:

amato2
08-01-2006, 06:26 PM
well i have it the same as you....hard both front and rear

- if it handles and goes alrite for you then dnt worry about what settings other people say u should have them at.

bennjamin
08-01-2006, 09:11 PM
experiment and find out yourself. There isnt any noticeable difference between say 0 and 25% damper ( half a turn) but quite so from 0 to 50% etc.

When i had koni yellows i ran 50% front and 75% rear. (1 full turn + 1.5turns)

fried
09-01-2006, 01:43 AM
depends how you want ur car to react.

Hondavirgin
09-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I used to run at full hard on the street, but tried it at 1.5 turns from full hard and it handled bumpy roads so much better, was a lot more fun to drive.

I wind it back up for competition though.

vteccoupe
09-01-2006, 10:22 PM
I used to run at full hard on the street, but tried it at 1.5 turns from full hard and it handled bumpy roads so much better, was a lot more fun to drive.

I wind it back up for competition though.

is it at full hard its beta for hard cornering and the car handles beta?

vteccoupe
09-01-2006, 10:24 PM
depends how you want ur car to react.

i dnt wan too much understeer....wan it to b sharper and doesnt understeer much when i corners :)

Hondavirgin
10-01-2006, 10:33 AM
is it at full hard its beta for hard cornering and the car handles beta?

It is better, but doesn't handle bumps and rough-ish bitumen roads that well, like a lot of the nice roads around sydney. So its actually faster being softer in those cases.

kousoku
10-01-2006, 11:07 AM
from what i have read, your car should handle better if your dampening rates are firmer at the rear then at the front. This will result in a set up less prone to understeer on a ff.