PDA

View Full Version : OBDII Honda Keys

ECU-MAN
08-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi Guys

Most of you know that most post 96 Hondas with OBDII ECU have an Immobiliser built into the system. Consisting transponders in the keys. These transponders are actually ordinary read only RFID tags.

I have built myself a RFID kit that Jaycar sells, an tested this kit with Honda keys and found that it accepts the older type of keys. It does not work on Euro type of keys.

the aim of this thread is to let anyone who likes to fiddle with electronics know that you can build your self one of these kits and make it control things using your Honda Key, or other RFID tags, from a electric door strike allowing access to a room, enable and disable alarms, open doors to even ( with a bit of modification ) put a car into vallet mode, think of this senario, you have a key for your self, when you use it the car works as normal, when the other key is used that triggers this unit, it enables another ROM in the ECU that has speed and RPM limmits. the uses of this thing is endless and only limmited your your abillities and imagination.

here is a pic of the RFID kit
the kit is in the red square and in the green sqaure is a RFID tag that comes with the kit.

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/tech/Immo-Keys-039.jpg

I have made a video so you can see its operation. CLICK HERE (http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/tech/Immo.wmv)

1st I used a black Honad key wich triggers the unit to power a glob

then I used the tag that comes with the kit that is not programmed into the kit, you will see no access.

then a Red Honda key that was programmed in followed by a grey key that is not prpgrammed in finishing off with a black key that was programmed in.

these kits pretty cool and not that expensive for what they are.

have fun

insouciant
09-01-2006, 04:58 PM
edit; just realised it doesn't actually program the units, rather is just a security module. oh well time to shell out money for a new key :(

panda[cRx]
09-01-2006, 05:04 PM
if u want a new transponder key cut to code and programmed at a dealer you are looking at around $315 (depends on what kinda key obviously as some are MUCH more expensive)