PDA

View Full Version : Installing CAI on B18C

shebangs
09-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Is there anything special to know? On my DC2, I have my Injen intake arriving any day now and my mate and I are planning on installing it ourselfs.

The removal of the stock piping and airbox shouldn't be too hard, but the part I'm not sure about is mounting the positioning the new intake one, and more specific, sensors. Air Sensors, air flow meter, air temperature sensor etc, will they need to be re-attached?

Anyone got a link to a quick howto?

Thanks
Matt

haiz
09-01-2006, 01:43 PM
yeah, heres a DIY on a similar intake..should of some help :D

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29920.

ive installed a full CAI on my dc2 as well :thumbsup: . was pretty straight forward, mounting is smack bang right in front of ur face bcoz there should be one bolt that attaches the intake to the where the stock intake was attached (well thats how mine is).
my air sensors, air flow meter, air temp. sensor didnt have to be re-attached.

just wen removing everything make sure u know where which bolt goes where. :confused: unlike me, we just didnt pay attn.
once its installed, u'll love the sound it makes by tapping acceleration and ur vtec should sound even sweeter. :cool:

well enjoy, its pretty straight forward

barefootbonzai
09-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Easy as pie. Don't have to mess with any sensors.

haiz
09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
yeah i got my intake of barefootbonzai, no instructions but i was perfectly fine. he gave me a few pointers over the net but that was it.
thanks again Duy