PDA

View Full Version : king springs

huynh12345
10-01-2006, 05:23 AM
hey if i get lowered king springs will it be better then the stock springs i have atm and give better corner OR will it just look dumped?

incoming
10-01-2006, 05:42 AM
ive never used king springs...
but i'd assume since ur car is lower then so is the centre of gravity on for ur car... thus its MAY handle better then stock...

and of course it will look lower

huynh12345
10-01-2006, 05:43 AM
yeah i know it would look lower .. just wandering if it was better for my handling thanks for tha answer

barefootbonzai
10-01-2006, 09:29 AM
As incomming said - lower center of gravity - so yes it will handle slightly better.

vti-2
10-01-2006, 10:06 AM
hey if i get lowered king springs will it be better then the stock springs i have atm and give better corner OR will it just look dumped?

Speaking from experience i used to have King Springs in my DC2 and it did improve the handling. Surprisingly i didn't have to upgrade my shocks, the factory ones worked well with the lower springs. Plus the car came standard from factory with above average anti-sway bars so it was a really sweet suspension package considering how much i spent (bang for your buck). :D

If money isn't an issue just go straight for coilovers. It all depends on your budget. :)

evilsub
10-01-2006, 11:18 AM
lol im ordering in a b16a soon i think im kinda gonna be low on the cash even tho i should be saving to conversion into my eg =(

SiReal
10-01-2006, 11:23 AM
how about hardness of ride? it should theoretically be harder right? hence, prolonging the life of the stock shock because it doesnt have to "pulsate" as much?

fly_vti
10-01-2006, 11:26 AM
i have king springs super lows, its makes it lower but i still think its shit and sloppy. its not as stiff as coilovers and which make it more unstable when you corner hard. or are speeding.

vti-2
10-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Yeah the King springs i had were stiffer but didn't have the control or flexibility of a coilover. From memory i had ultra lows in mine.

mj3610
11-01-2006, 11:49 AM
i had 17" rims with stock suspension and it was a bumpy ride, when i got it lowered with king springs the ride got alot smoother, its still really bumpy compared to a stock car but it made it alot better than before, i felt it made it alot firmer.

SAMBO456
11-01-2006, 11:58 AM
I have 17" rims and use stock suspension with King Springs lowering springs. Its drop it around 1.5 inches and the wheels fill the guards more and looks nice. King Springs super low springs would have made it looked dumped, just with lowering springs it looks sweet.

aozora
11-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Learn how to drive first Huynh u lamer :p

Zimp13
11-01-2006, 07:52 PM
King spring will make ur car handle better than oem spring... there is no doubt... for the price, King spring is the best value for money.... of cos cant compare with coilover which costs 5 times more

czy_sol87
11-01-2006, 10:31 PM
yeh like the others said a lower ride=better handling, i got kings superlows in my crx, the ride is stiffer and handling is better, but u gotta remember that its not just about the springs im gonna upgrade my shocks as well as my strut and sway bars

huynh12345
12-01-2006, 02:29 AM
thanks for the input guys =]

Domokun SPL
15-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Id really like someone to prove to me how a lower car will immediatly mean better handling.

Ok, you lower it, it has a lower COG (centre of gravity) but the suspension has less travel, camber will probably be quite off, the whole honda designed (for stock height) geometry will be off. Less travel = more bumpstop hitting, Also, if its too stiff = more understeer...welll.. you get the point.

There is always a limit to how low you can go before the suspension just isnt going to work well anymore, keep that in mind. Ive found that lowering a car 1-1.5inch is just about pushing on those limits.

aozora
15-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Id really like someone to prove to me how a lower car will immediatly mean better handling.

Ok, you lower it, it has a lower COG (centre of gravity) but the suspension has less travel, camber will probably be quite off, the whole honda designed (for stock height) geometry will be off. Less travel = more bumpstop hitting, Also, if its too stiff = more understeer...welll.. you get the point.

There is always a limit to how low you can go before the suspension just isnt going to work well anymore, keep that in mind. Ive found that lowering a car 1-1.5inch is just about pushing on those limits.

As lONgZ As ISh LooK CoOl ManGz
DuN MaTtErZzz ^_^ V

:p

**Ghost**
19-01-2006, 12:37 PM
trying an interim setup of king springs + ek9 shocks atm... king springs definitely made it better vs stock e9 springs.

Zimp13
19-01-2006, 06:06 PM

doesnt ur point aiming at coilover as well except from the less travelling issue??? with coilover, car will b stiffer leading to understeer, honda design geometry will b off, camber may b off. in fact, not only honda. ur point is valid for any other car makes in the market.

aozora
20-01-2006, 04:38 PM
doesnt ur point aiming at coilover as well except from the less travelling issue??? with coilover, car will b stiffer leading to understeer, honda design geometry will b off, camber may b off. in fact, not only honda. ur point is valid for any other car makes in the market.
...What?

Zimp13
20-01-2006, 06:25 PM
...What?

wat wat?????? :confused:

Steer^Gimic
20-01-2006, 07:34 PM
King spring will make ur car handle better than oem spring... there is no doubt... for the price, King spring is the best value for money.... of cos cant compare with coilover which costs 5 times more

for the cost (actually, cheaper) i would much much rather whiteline controls or even there flatouts. much more of a proven product. not just a product which is known purely for lowering only. (eg-kings)

aozora
21-01-2006, 05:39 PM
wat wat?????? :confused:
wot wot wotttttt?!?!

Nvm I didn't get ur first reply that's all :p