PDA

View Full Version : Camber Kits - who has installed one

SATANOPERCA
10-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi,

Who has installed a camber kit on their Jazz and what difference has it made to handling. I am driving the car pretty hard and would like so more camber on the front wheels.

Who has fitted a kit, how much and what was the outcome.

I am looking at doing some engineering on the lower arm and welding in a adjustable bracket to allow my camber to be adjusted.

Cheers

Benjamin

Zimp13
10-01-2006, 11:47 AM
for wat? just get a camber pin kit... pedders sells them.... i used to have them on my car... just sold the camber pin kit to jus10...

SATANOPERCA
10-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Zimp13,

Did you find the pedders camber kit improved the handling of the Jazz especially around corners.

I ran pedders, it is $203 installed with wheel alignment. The amount of camber it can increase to is quite small.

Benjamin

Slow96GSR
10-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Don't have a Jazz or ever worked on one but I have installed a few kits. I love the SPC kits. You can find kits all day on the U.S. Ebay!! AUS Ebay sux and I feel really bad for you all down there! If you have a lot of caster/camber get a good kit that is adjustable. You know you might add a suspension kit whether you lower the car or swap to a better spring and shock. It's just nice to have adjustability when you do.

Jus-10
10-01-2006, 05:19 PM
I have neg camber thanks to a lowering job and on the stock 14inch tyres it sucks!

Still waiting on camber pins to arrive so I can't comment on anything else at this stage

Zimp13
10-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Zimp13,

Did you find the pedders camber kit improved the handling of the Jazz especially around corners.

I ran pedders, it is $203 installed with wheel alignment. The amount of camber it can increase to is quite small.

Benjamin

satanoperca... the camber kit does improve the handling.. however it must be adjusted properly.... as the degree of camber that the pin can adjust, i would say that its definitely more than enuf...

rev-tech
11-01-2006, 12:13 PM
petrovski had them on his car....well some form of camber pins

from memory his was set at a slight negative setting, his car handled bloody well

SATANOPERCA, are you an engineer yourself?
doing what your talking about would be a little tricky and expensive, especially if something broke, then you'd be screwd

Zimp13
11-01-2006, 02:46 PM
petrovski had them on his car....well some form of camber pins

from memory his was set at a slight negative setting, his car handled bloody well

SATANOPERCA, are you an engineer yourself?
doing what your talking about would be a little tricky and expensive, especially if something broke, then you'd be screwd

if i m not mistaken, petrovski one also the pedders camber pin kit just like wat i had... camber pin is 100% safe...

SATANOPERCA
12-01-2006, 09:48 AM
I am an industrial designer that has access to a range of factories and machinery that is more than capable of making mods to the lower control arm from the front suspension.

It that is required is to remove the lower arm, have some 5mm steel plates laser cut and slots for bolts. Cut the lower arm, weld on the adjustment plates and put back on the car and have a wheel alignment.

I will more than likely, just take the easy option and go for the pedders camber kit and wheel alignment.

Benjamin