PDA

View Full Version : Starter motor realy problem

fatboyz39
11-01-2006, 09:30 AM
i recently have completed a engine swap in my little eg civic. (b-series motor). basically, the car wont start becasue there is no signal telling the starter motor to start... there is a constant 12v to the starter already.... i've been starting the car using a piece of wire to touch the signal and 12v cable to start the car up....

does ne1 know where the starter motor relay is located? is it located at the on the top right side of the engine??
wat needs to be done to fix this problem??

any help would be greatly aprreicated

cheers

krasyvy
11-01-2006, 09:34 AM
i think im having the same problem

so ur starter cranks the engine fine when u feed it 12v??

what happens when u turn the ignition?

fatboyz39
11-01-2006, 08:12 PM
solved!!

krasyvy
11-01-2006, 08:13 PM
how did u fix the problem man?

care to fill me in?

XB-16-AX
01-09-2006, 11:07 PM
i recently have completed a engine swap in my little eg civic. (b-series motor). basically, the car wont start becasue there is no signal telling the starter motor to start... there is a constant 12v to the starter already.... i've been starting the car using a piece of wire to touch the signal and 12v cable to start the car up....

does ne1 know where the starter motor relay is located? is it located at the on the top right side of the engine??
wat needs to be done to fix this problem??

any help would be greatly aprreicated

cheers

dude im having the same problem, can u fill me in on how u solved the problem?

ECU-MAN
01-09-2006, 11:43 PM
check to see if your getting +12v to the solenoid when the key is in the cranking position.

fatboyz39
01-09-2006, 11:52 PM
look at the start motor there is 2 wires. One fat one which is the pwoer one and one little one which is the signal wire.

If its not cranking over.....unplug the little wire and grab yourself a peice of wire and bridge the fat wire and the plug where the little wire goes.

Remeber to leave the car on ignition for the fuel.

XB-16-AX
02-09-2006, 12:02 AM
check to see if your getting +12v to the solenoid when the key is in the cranking position.

are u talking about the starter solenoid?

look at the start motor there is 2 wires. One fat one which is the pwoer one and one little one which is the signal wire.

If its not cranking over.....unplug the little wire and grab yourself a peice of wire and bridge the fat wire and the plug where the little wire goes.

Remeber to leave the car on ignition for the fuel.

so basically i have to bridge the mini fat black/white wire (signal) which as a male spade on it and bridge it to the + starter motor? (the fattest plug with the ring on it) ??

then what? crank the engine? is this gunna make it start?

fatboyz39
02-09-2006, 12:18 AM
when you bridge it the motor will start kicking over....

XB-16-AX
02-09-2006, 12:22 AM
when you bridge it the motor will start kicking over....

ok ... so exactly where is the starter signal wire at? is it the fat black/white wire from the starter motor?

or is it on the distributor plugs?

coz ive just had about it with this conversion and im like on my last strand of hairs left ...from pulling and stresssin!! :eek:

fatboyz39
02-09-2006, 12:23 AM
ok ... so exactly where is the starter signal wire at? is it the fat black/white wire from the starter motor?

or is it on the distributor plugs?

coz ive just had about it with this conversion and im like on my last strand of hairs left ...from pulling and stresssin!! :eek:

no the skinny wire is the signal...the fat one is the power lead.

NO you upplug the signal one, get a piece of wire and birdge the plug to the fat wire.

XB-16-AX
02-09-2006, 12:30 AM
no the skinny wire is the signal...the fat one is the power lead.

NO you upplug the signal one, get a piece of wire and birdge the plug to the fat wire.

ok ... there is a fatter wire which has the o-ring plug at the end of it and that is bolted onto the starter and to the fuse box +.

then there is a semi-fat black/white white which has the male spade plug and is connected right next to the fatter wire.

so i just unplug this male spade black/wire and bridge it to the fatter o-ring wire?

how can u also tell if the starter is farked?